The Official Lady Gaga Thread

Aquaria

Payola :unsure:

I kid. But big opening sales...doesn't that potentially put her up for a big drop the following week :unsure:?

Yes, but she has a nice shot of retaining a good position because there's no real competition apart from Adele. Actually, nothing really poses a threat until Lil' Wayne and Beyoncé release their albums in June.

No shade but is Lil Wayne still considered a threat? He had two albums last year and neither one went platinum.

I think simply because it's a continuation of the Carter series it will do better than his last two. From memory, Rebirth came out just before he went to prison, and I Am Not a Human Being was released while he was still in there. This one has a better chance.

Lady Gaga is preparing to release a Christmas album of traditional jazz standards.

Lady Gaga wants to record a Christmas album of jazz standards.

The 'Hair' hitmaker is planning to eschew her usual electro pop sound to make a record of traditional jazz hits for the festive period.

She told the Financial Times newspaper: "I thought it would be really sweet to do a Christmas release of Gaga and the jazz standards. I really want to do it. I've spoken to my manager."

Giving a possible preview, the 'Born This Way' star recently gave a rendition of jazz track 'Orange Colored Sky' when she performed in England.

The 25-year-old musician has also spoken of her admiration for British singer Adele, who she is set to knock from the top of the album charts with her 'Born This Way' album this week, ending a 16-week run by the 'Someone Like You' singer.

Gaga said: "I'm so excited for Adele. She's doing so well all over the world and it's wonderful to see the world embrace her. She's beaten some of my chart records but I'm happy for her. I love seeing women succeed and she's so talented."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/lady-gaga-plans-christmas-album_1221726

You're telling me. :umm:

I heard that on the radio but I didn't believe it because of how strong Adele's been performing.

Thats what I thought but they probably meant for this week :S. Either way she's set to knock Adele off the 14 week top spot :tear:

Thats what I thought but they probably meant for this week :S. Either way she's set to knock Adele off the 14 week top spot :tear:

I think they do mean for this week, but the report I heard stated she was outselling the rest of the Top 30 combined. Sounded like a stretch, but good for her if it's true.

Don't cry for Adele, she's had an amazing run. And her year isn't over. :wub:

I think they do mean for this week, but the report I heard stated she was outselling the rest of the Top 30 combined. Sounded like a stretch, but good for her if it's true.

Don't cry for Adele, she's had an amazing run. And her year isn't over. :wub:

Well her team has been stretching a lot this era :lol:

I still need to buy 21 :ph34r:. I :wub: the album though. Don't You Remember :cry:

This is true. :lol:

:o What a horrible Brit you are! I love the album too. Lately my track has been 'One And Only'. :wub:

I know. I'm so cheap. I've been waiting for the price to go down :asham:.

Did you her the ex is suing her or something...he wants royalties for 'inspiring the album' :crazy:<_<:flipoff:

That's crazy,

So what if you want to give something away for free just to get new customers, or what if you are overstocked because a cd is flopping?

it's about fair sales tho... i would hate it if other stores were selling the same items under price so thank god for this rule over here... So many businesses would go bankrupt if it wasn't there

Universal Music now has the last four million selling debuts as Lady Gaga joins Taylor Swift, Lil Wayne and 50 Cent in a very rare category these days. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

*Lady Gaga (Interscope) 1m+

*Brad Paisley (Arista Nashville) 145-155k

Adele (XL/Columbia) 125-135k

*Glee Cast Vol. 6 (Columbia) 75-80k

Now 38 (Capitol/EMI) 45-50k

*Maybach Music Group Presents: Self Made, Vol. 1 (Maybach/WB) 45-50k

*NKOTBSB (Columbia/Jive/Legacy) 35-40k

*Journey (Nomota) 25-30k (Wal-Mart exclusive)

*Foster The People (Startime/Columbia) 25-30k

Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 24-27k

Seether (Wind-up) 21-24k

Beastie Boys (Capitol/EMI) 18-21k

Lady Gaga The Fame (Interscope) 18-21k

Lemonade Mouth (Walt Disney) 18-21k

Fleet Foxes (Sub Pop) 18-21k

*Debuts (5/26p)

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: