The 12 Days Of Christmas - Janet Edition

Mr. Wonder

The 12 Days Of Christmas - Janet Edition

ofbk1k.jpg

On the first day of Christmas, Janet gave to me, a #1 Rock song nominated for a Grammy.

With "Black Cat", Janet became the third African-American female to be nominated for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance at the Grammys (think she might've been the youngest as well).

• Upvote 2

Black Cat is probably my ultimate Janet song. The anti-drugs message, the rock bitch vocals, the guitar, the Vernon mix, the sass, the attitude.......Everything about it is pure perfection. It is a route I hope she will re-visit at some point in her career.

• Upvote 1

And a heavy metal song going top 10 on the R&B charts. ea2a4fdb.gif

Only a bad bitch. B)

My ex co-worker said she lived for that song..she's damn near 50...said Janet spoke directly to her. :wub::lmao: She was stanning hard. :lmao: I think she said when Janet toured during RN and she was in Germany(she was in the miltiary) that it meant even more to her when Janet performed it live. :wub:

Only a bad bitch. B)

My ex co-worker said she lived for that song..she's damn near 50...said Janet spoke directly to her. :wub::lmao: She was stanning hard. :lmao: I think she said when Janet toured during RN and she was in Germany(she was in the miltiary) that it meant even more to her when Janet performed it live. :wub:

She was a druggie? :unsure:

Coincidentally, Janet was touring Germany during the fall of the Berlin Wall (the complete end of the Soviet era, I believe). She of course RN took on a whole new meaning. Janactivist. :tear:

Janet transcends chart boundaries. They can not restrict her :yep:

RN1814 just couldn't be stopped. Stomped on everyone from August 1989 to about April 1991. Nobody stood a chance. -_-

Coincidentally, Janet was touring Germany during the fall of the Berlin Wall (the complete end of the Soviet era, I believe). She of course RN took on a whole new meaning. Janactivist. :tear:

Her ex husband probably was. :unsure:

Her old ass was probably over there then! :lol:

RN1814 just couldn't be stopped. Stomped on everyone from August 1989 to about April 1991. Nobody stood a chance. -_-

Ugh, I so wish I had been conscious of Janet's glory back then :(

Her ex husband probably was. :unsure:

Her old ass was probably over there then! :lol:

An alcoholic mess. -_-

There used to be footage of the tour in Germany on Youtube. I think it may have gotten snatched by now.

You hadn't been chosen just yet. -_-

I can't tell you how moved I was when I found someone's second hand RN album after I'd been chosen. It was like everything finally made sense "cry"

Thankfully I got to witness the Janet era and saw whoops now slay the uk :lol:

This still boggles my mind.. :asham: It's a cute song, but that's about it.

• Upvote 1

I was RN slayed, she was that girl boy, she won awards at shows she didn't even show up to, and I remember the Soul Train awards the audience was loving En Vogue because the ladies were in the house but when the group lost to "Alright" over video the crowd booed. It was later edited out the broadcast, the booing but I remember...Janet had the dolls gagging