Austin Brown - Highway 85 Mixtape Vol.1

SloLove

This is what we've waited 8 years for? Please, I got over him at the end of 2010 when he kept pushing dates and producer names out more than he was pushing singles. He's incredibly talented but he really gotta make sure all his shit's in order, he's representing the 2nd Generation Jacksons now, it's all on him and he's dropping the ball. Mixtapes are beneath the Jacksons, drop that album.

I do love Fuck'd with my mind. Overall I don't hate it, like I can see myself warming up to it as a whole, but for a Jackson, and for the talent that he has I just wanted more, I wanted this album (...mixtape,ugh) to be worth the almost 9yr wait

Yea that was my reaction to that part too, but I agree with the rest of it, I bet he'd make magic with Jimmy & Terry

I definitely agree with the rest of it. This mixtape and some other moves he's made just makes it seem like Austin doesn't entirely care about a career in music. If he does, some work with Jimmy&Terry could be great for him. But on that part, just to make it seem like Michael had no depth or that majority-to-all of his songs were about chasing girls just deserves a MAJOR side-eye.

• Upvote 1

Let me break it down... Janet's lyrically better than her older, past brother, Allegation Joseph Jackson

And you are entirely entitled to that opinion as well as to prefer Janet over him, but to give the impression that Michael had no depth is the language of the pressed without the slightest bit of truth.

• Upvote 2

I didn't say he had none.. Just much much less than the real talent

It sounded that way, and that second part sounds even more pressed. Michael had plenty of real talent and depth. It's well within your right to an opinion to think Janet had more, but let's not attempt to downgrade Michael to boost her up.

It sounded that way, and that second part sounds even more pressed. Michael had plenty of real talent and depth. It's well within your right to an opinion to think Janet had more, but let's not attempt to downgrade Michael to boost her up.

Sorry.. I thought I was on Janet Damita Jo Jackson's forum :umm: I could put down the lessors if I want... And AJ is a lessor...

Lyrically he couldn't compete with Janet.. That's not my opinion.. Check the lyric sites/booklets.. TVR kills all AJ has EVER written.. Period and you will deal :coffee:

Sorry.. I thought I was on Janet Damita Jo Jackson's forum :umm: I could put down the lessors if I want... And AJ is a lessor... Lyrically he can't compete with Janet... TVR kills all AJ has EVER written.. Period and you will deal :coffee:

You're entitled to your opinion, but attempting to downgrade Michael won't boost her any. Michael is far from a lessor except by opinion, so okay, you can have that. There is nothing for me to "deal with", actually. Lyrically they are both very strong and have proven that. I'm content :)

You're entitled to your opinion, but attempting to downgrade Michael won't boost her any. Michael is far from a lessor except by opinion, so okay, you can have that. There is nothing for me to "deal with", actually. Lyrically they are both very strong and have proven that. I'm content :)

Everyone who isn't Janet is a lessor and you will deal with it. You're on Janet's turf.. Not some neutral land. Lyrically Janet is stronger... TVR >>> AJ's non-trial career

Lemme know when MJ dived deeper than his boring childhood songs and his great hippy songs.. Like self-reflection, self-hatred, and loneliness... You know.. What real people go through.. And I'm not talking one song from HISTORY :yawn:

And before you go on a all personal... I experienced all three in my past..

• Upvote 1

Everyone who isn't Janet is a lessor and you will deal with it. You're on Janet's turf.. Not some neutral land. Lyrically Janet is stronger... TVR >>> AJ's non-trial career

Lemme know when MJ dived deeper than his boring childhood songs and his great hippy songs.. Like self-reflection, self-hatred, and loneliness... You know.. What real people go through.. And I'm not talking one song from HISTORY :yawn:

And before you go on a all personal... I experienced all three in my past..

To you, but as I said you're entitled to that opinion. This looks like a time to agree to disagree. Like this kind of debate between Mike and Jan usually ends.

Those "boring childhood" and "hippy" songs, while you may feel they lack, do indeed show his depth and openness to understanding not only himself but the world around him and wanting it to improve. All you need to do is listen to Dangerous, HIStory and "Is It Scary" from BOTD to get the best shots of his depth. If you don't like it or feel it isn't deep enough then that's your opinion and you're welcome to that, but just because you don't like his depth or he didn't speak to your specific struggles like Janet apparently did, doesn't mean he lacked. Loneliness is something that Michael was known for, self-reflection as well. He touched on a sense of self-hatred though it wasn't severe. While Michael couldn't relate to average entirely, since he was never in a position to be a true average human being starting at his childhood, songs like "Man in the Mirror", "Jam", "Black or White", "Why You Wanna Trip On Me", "Who Is It", "Will You Be There", "Gone Too Soon", majority of the songs from History, "Is It Scary", "You Are My Life"(written for his children), "Cry", "The Lost Children", these songs reflect an artist who not only can look at the, pardon the expression, man in the mirror and make a change but as it has been shown can inspire others to do the same. That is depth, and while it isn't what appeals to you, luckily, it doesn't mean it won't appeal to another.

I don't need to, I have experienced them all myself as well.

You can leave that hippy music in the past where it belongs...

MJ didn't write Gone Too Soon, Man In The Mirror, You Are Not Alone.., and AJ stole Jimmy/Terry for "Is It Scary" :coffee: Im not here for Whitney :coffee:

Whether you like it or not, it reflects depth. #DealWithIt :coffee:

Point of which is? His pen or not doesn't mean it doesn't reflect him or his ideals. Also on JJ/TL, he still wrote it, is credited as such, so what? "I don't sing it if I don't mean it." Doesn't have to be his pen to be what's on his heart, on his mind, in his life. And Michael is hardly Whitney, you are reaching :umm:

Whether you like it or not, it reflects depth. #DealWithIt :coffee:

Point of which is? His pen or not doesn't mean it doesn't reflect him or his ideals. Also on JJ/TL, he still wrote it, is credited as such, so what? "I don't sing it if I don't mean it." Doesn't have to be his pen to be what's on his heart, on his mind, in his life. And Michael is hardly Whitney, you are reaching :umm:

:umm: the keywords I used is WRITING deep lyrics... So it kinda does matter

Whitney didn't write her lyrics either.. Though hers is 98% of her songs to his 20%... But they did past away with similar circumstances.. So not that far of a reach

Folks up in here using words they don't truly understand. Depth implies complexity, gravity or seriousness. MJ had plenty of that lyrically. Janet explored more sonic textures and moods, but lyrically MJ was stronger and never lacked depth. Anywho, Austin is still coming into his sound and its unfair to judge him based off one mixtape. He has potential but he needs guidance. If he worked with cee lo green or big boi it would work wonders.

• Upvote 2

Folks up in here using words they don't truly understand. Depth implies complexity, gravity or seriousness. MJ had plenty of that lyrically. Janet explored more sonic textures and moods, but lyrically MJ was stronger and never lacked depth. Anywho, Austin is still coming into his sound and its unfair to judge him based off one mixtape. He has potential but he needs guidance. If he worked with cee lo green or big boi it would work wonders.

Jermaine Dupri is guiding him