Fantasia Hits Back At Critics Again Over “Gay” Scandal

DJ Y2K Malone™

Bailey, I can call you whatever name I want because I'm simultaneously dismantling you. If the only card I had to play was name calling you'd have a point. But keeping consistent with your track record you have none.

Also Matt messaged me privately to say the name calling was inappropriate, after you bitched out and hit report. That should be enough to shut you up but you won't leave a thread until you make an utter and complete fool of yourself so I expect this to drag on.

I will never understand why gays feel they're entitled to recognition and activism from artists.

Well the activism part is simple. It is the same reason major corporations pay them millions to be on a Pepsi can. They have a certain voice that can reach a certain audience depending who they are. If they say they support something it can carry a certain weight. Does it translate automatically to acceptance and love by their fanbase no of course not. But, it doesn't hurt to have someone with a certain voice saying they like something or talking on behalf of your cause.

She's a black Christian from Texas :umm: what more do I need

A hasty generalization fallacy? I know the South is behind in every aspect, but I doubt all 25 million people in Texas have the same thought process.

The argument that Beyonce doesn't embrace the gay lifestyle would be valid if:

• A. She didn't say in Elle 2008 that her favorite uncle who died of HIV/AIDS was gay
    B. Her stylist of the past 7 years wasn't gay
    C. Her foundation didn't financially support finding a cure for HIV/AIDS
    D. She didn't have drag queens in her video

How selective people are with argumentative support.

• Upvote 2

Well the activism part is simple. It is the same reason major corporations pay them millions to be on a Pepsi can. They have a certain voice that can reach a certain audience depending who they are. If they say they support something it can carry a certain weight. Does it translate automatically to acceptance and love by their fanbase no of course not. But, it doesn't hurt to have someone with a certain voice saying they like something or talking on behalf of your cause.

Ehhhh. There are too many socially created institutions that are given a voice. Whether if its LGBT, MADD, or IBEW, people need to stop relying on others to do the work they don't want to do. There needs to be some kind of accountability and responsibility taken. A popular public figure saying they openly support gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, etc. isn't going to change the perspectives of someone who does not support said issues. And it's kind of ironic considering we're on a board dedicated to a woman who did a fur campaign, but still has fans who don't support fur, but are still fans of the artist.

A hasty generalization fallacy? I know the South is behind in every aspect, but I doubt all 25 million people in Texas have the same thought process.

• A. She didn't say in Elle 2008 that her favorite uncle who died of HIV/AIDS was gay

Yes... And much like Fantasia:

1) everyone has a gay uncle, aunt... Someone dying of a cause doesn't mean their family supported his or her lifestyle. Does Janet support hard druggies now?

2) people who work FOR YOU doesn't count. They are on a payroll.

3) that's all you had to say.

4) see 2

Ehhhh. There are too many socially created institutions that are given a voice. Whether if its LGBT, MADD, or IBEW, people need to stop relying on others to do the work they don't want to do. There needs to be some kind of accountability and responsibility taken. A popular public figure saying they openly support gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, etc. isn't going to change the perspectives of someone who does not support said issues. And it's kind of ironic considering we're on a board dedicated to a woman who did a fur campaign, but still has fans who don't support fur, but are still fans of the artist.

Actually yes popular people do have a larger voice than you're giving them credit for... Which is why during crisis, celebrities come out in drone to support the cause.. Same with Gay marriage.. Same with a lot of causes.

Why do you think Obama called Jay-z and every other black celeb to support gay marriage? 50% of the population supports it thanx to the voices of these celebs and not court cases and lawsuits

Ummmm just because she supports HIV/aids doesn't mean anything!...it is no longer or better yet a gay mans disease it effects everyone!

• Upvote 3

1. I don't belive Fantasia has a large following of anything.

2. correlation implies a predicatable relationship no one is predicting that Black female performers are predictably homophobic, you guys are drawing a lot from the discussion not said, names were put out there, thats all.

3. I can understand where you would think there was a correlation made

Stay in school.

I will never understand why gays feel they're entitled to recognition and activism from artists.

these same gays not only pay for these artists lifestyles but behind the scenes they construct them too, I would want representation or you can forget my support. It's like Mel Gibson once he said the things he said to that cop, I would never look at another movie of his like um no.

Stay in school.

shut the fuck up talking to me you are in no place to tell me a damn thing about education, they were not correlated to anything they have something in common but that does not make a correlation I have a Bachelor's in Science and its muthafuckas in here telling me to stay in school, you better get somewhere with that shit, i let Rocco slide I wasn't going there but this shit stops the cute will not be kept

"the cute will not be kept" :lmao: sorry but i love that

I just love how a word has these folks up in arms telling folks to "stay in school" and Rocco got extra and I said you know what don't play into it you know according to Matt he's only one of the smartest here now this person comes along and jumps right on in...Im like okay not gonna continue having this shit go down on my watch

Bachelor's in science, not english. As we can all see.

He still didn't learn how to edit posts either -_-

what posts are you referring to? More importantly why is it hours later, this argument with me is so important to you that you are practically begging to keep it going?

shut the fuck up talking to me you are in no place to tell me a damn thing about education, they were not correlated to anything they have something in common but that does not make a correlation I have a Bachelor's in Science and its muthafuckas in here telling me to stay in school, you better get somewhere with that shit, i let Rocco slide I wasn't going there but this shit stops the cute will not be kept

Are you done? :coffee:

let it go, i dont have a beef with you, why did you come at me sideways? And clean yo inbox out

You came at Matt sideways with that correlation shit, and you were wrong about it. Not a big deal now you know ^_^

what posts are you referring to? More importantly why is it hours later, this argument with me is so important to you that you are practically begging to keep it going?

Says the person who's been mentioning me by name in like every post :umm:

Bachelor's in science, not english. As we can all see.

He still didn't learn how to edit posts either -_-

it's very clear you have a problem with me, why I have no idea, I talked ot you in private that's what grown ass civil minded folks do, yet you continue to come at me talking like some trick from Bring It On.....if you have an issue with someone don't speak to them its that simple I didn't continue to argue with you I wasn't even speaking to you to begin with