Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Rihanna is consistently releasing but never feels like she's oversaturating or outstaying her welcome. She knows how to reinvent her sound and image just enough to stay ahead of the curve. She's also getting better with every album, bringing new things to the table and growing, and it all feels like a natural progression.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's because she wasn't around... I think it's because she's just has no direction..

Rihanna is a different story... I'm glad she's moving fast bc she's still producing great songs and albums... her songs aren't timeless but they're still classics during this era of music history... I feel we will remember Rihanna in the next ten years... She's the only person doing an album every year and touring that album every year... I can't think of anyone else who can pull that off

I agree but her 4 year hiatus between two albums while other bitches were on a rise didnt help the situation. We have diff opinions on the latter, I suppose. no big deal.

*DEAD*....well I have to say I enjoyed Stripped, but I had to look too hard to find something else she did that I just LOOOOOOVVVED, Xtina had the voice but her music was all over the fucking place and not in a good way, what kills me is the fans on this board keep her bumped up and Im like I dont hear it honey. Now Rihanna I get that....totally she continues to slay...I also think Beyonce's music won't do much like her last album didnt do much, I think Rihanna has that spot Beyonce can have that seat. I don't know how well Justin will go over but I think because of the wait he will do well, and he has a good ear for mashing music genres together into something that works so well

Not one single lie was spotted in this sentence at all..I just didn't see it either. They kept tryna make Xtina happen and she just has been falling short not only salewise but musically speaking as well. Her music just has not been fuckin with no songs on the charts for the last 7-8 years.

What I don't like is Usher has really been working and sometimes not as well but he stay on his and he doesn't get the same level of recognition that a White dude former boy band member gets with only two albums in.

Usher gets credit its just that JT's last successful project was more recent than Usher's therefore making Justin's still fresh on the brain. Now the whole thing of the industry NOT recognizing Usher or acknowledging him, thats just what it is. what can you do? I do think Usher has worked hard to try an be apart of the next iconic generation behind the Janet,MJ's and Madonna's but his work just isn't paying off. Beyonce has beat him to the finishline which is kinda embarrassing since he was out way before she became a solo act.

Rihanna is consistently releasing but never feels like she's oversaturating or outstaying her welcome. She knows how to reinvent her sound and image just enough to stay ahead of the curve. She's also getting better with every album, bringing new things to the table and growing, and it all feels like a natural progression.

Um, yeah ..I think we all can agree with this. Its still strategic at the same time.

• Upvote 1

Usher gets credit its just that JT's last successful project was more recent than Usher's therefore making Justin's still fresh on the brain. Now the whole thing of the industry NOT recognizing Usher or acknowledging him, thats just what it is. what can you do? I do think Usher has worked hard to try an be apart of the next iconic generation behind the Janet,MJ's and Madonna's but his work just isn't paying off. Beyonce has beat him to the finishline which is kinda embarrassing since he was out way before she became a solo act.

Um, yeah ..I think we all can agree with this. Its still strategic at the same time.

Beyonce has not beat Usher to nothing except being known as a damn thief. END! :hmph:
  • Upvote 1

"The King of FLOP & B" -Usher's last 3 albums. Examine your fav before you start tryna talk about his rival. :lol: :lol:

HERE I STAND - The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart.[100] Selling 433,000 copies domestically in its first week of release, it was the second highest selling US debut of the year at the time, behind Mariah Carey's E=MC2.[100] In its second week of release, it sold 145,000 copies and dropped to number three on the Billboard 200.[101] It has now sold over 1.5 million copies in the United States,[102] and has received a platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

RAYMOND vs RAYMOND - The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart with first-week sales of 329,107 copies, becoming Usher's third consecutive US number-one album.[54][55] Its first week sales also serve as the third-largest one-week sales of 2010 in the US. On June 17, 2010, the album was certified platinum by the RIAA.

LOOKING 4 MYSELF - The album marks Usher's fourth consecutive number one studio album in the United States. Selling 450,800 copies in the United States in 2012 by its fifth week.

You were saying? :coffee:

• Upvote 3

HERE I STAND - The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart.[100] Selling 433,000 copies domestically in its first week of release, it was the second highest selling US debut of the year at the time, behind Mariah Carey's E=MC2.[100] In its second week of release, it sold 145,000 copies and dropped to number three on the Billboard 200.[101] It has now sold over 1.5 million copies in the United States,[102] and has received a platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

RAYMOND vs RAYMOND - The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart with first-week sales of 329,107 copies, becoming Usher's third consecutive US number-one album.[54][55] Its first week sales also serve as the third-largest one-week sales of 2010 in the US. On June 17, 2010, the album was certified platinum by the RIAA.

LOOKING 4 MYSELF - The album marks Usher's fourth consecutive number one studio album in the United States. Selling 450,800 copies in the United States in 2012 by its fifth week.

Here I Stand and RvR were modestly successful the state of the industry considered. L4M is what I would consider a commercial failure. He made a lot of appearances to push that record and people were not responding.

Oh and Back to Basics was not a flop. You call selling nearly 5million copies worldwide and a tour grossing $90 million is flopping? Um no :fail:

I didn't think B2B was a flop either. However, when she re-emerged people were beginning to write her off which I found a little strange.

Here I Stand and RvR were modestly successful the state of the industry considered. L4M is what I would consider a commercial failure. He made a lot of appearances to push that record and people were not responding.

the music biz as a whole has fallen unless u pull a magic trick you're not hitting it big, not even names bigger than him, Lady GaGa last album um no...didn't happen for her, Usher still had that airplay and his album was solid.

You CANNOT BE SERIOUS! You just furthermore embarrassed him

Going from 10 mill to barely over 1 mill is HORRIBLE

from then on platinum sales ...FLOP. Thanks for posting the stats that support my claims. ;)

I didn't think B2B was a flop either. However, when she re-emerged people were beginning to write her off which I found a little strange.

The concept of B2B was really tried by her, all on MTV talking about growth and shit, the concept of the album that throw back to 50's shit or whatever didnt work
  • Upvote 1

Then why do you go to bat for him so damn hard if you're barely a casual fan? :unsure:

I don't go hard but I will stick up for him especially when y'all stay trying to give someone the crown who ain't even been doin' it solo for that long nor who's sold half the amount of albums Usher. I'd like to know again what he has over Usher cause it certainly ain't singing or dancing.

I think it's cause Gaga snuck her ass on the scene lol.

The concept of B2B was really tried by her, all on MTV talking about growth and shit, the concept of the album that throw back to 50's shit or whatever didnt work

Um it did work Bailey or did you not see what I said about her sales and tour gross during that era? :rolleyes:
  • Upvote 1

Um it did work Bailey or did you not see what I said about her sales and tour gross during that era? :rolleyes:

No..THESE worked! :asham:

2006 BEST SALES

1. High School Musical cast Soundtrack 8,500,000 2. Justin Timberlake FutureSex/LoveSounds 8,350,000 3. Nelly Furtado Loose 8,200,000 4. Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium 7,900,000 5. Carrie Underwood Some Hearts 6,900,000 6. Pink I'm Not Dead 6,500,000 7. Beyoncé B'Day 5,700,000 8. The Beatles Love 5,650,000 9. Daughtry Daughtry 4,900,000 10. Taylor Swift Taylor Swift 4,500,000

1.7 mill (which was even lower than that at the time..thats just whats its sold to date, domestically) is hardly "successful" ..the only thing successful was the tour.

No..THESE worked! :asham:

2006 BEST SALES

1. High School Musical cast Soundtrack 8,500,000 2. Justin Timberlake FutureSex/LoveSounds 8,350,000 3. Nelly Furtado Loose 8,200,000 4. Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium 7,900,000 5. Carrie Underwood Some Hearts 6,900,000 6. Pink I'm Not Dead 6,500,000 7. Beyoncé B'Day 5,700,000 8. The Beatles Love 5,650,000 9. Daughtry Daughtry 4,900,000 10. Taylor Swift Taylor Swift 4,500,000

1.7 mill (which was even lower than that at the time..thats just whats its sold to date, domestically) is hardly "successful" ..the only thing successful was the tour.

I'm sure if Christina was making the same kinda music as the rest her album would've sold more and that's what I love about her. She's like Janet willing to take risks and not try to be with the "in crowd". She's a true artist and took her music back to old old school and considering that it was old school and still sold well enough to get her tour to gross $90 I call it successful. Not even the media has called B2B a flop. Only the haters

Back To Basics was successful. Stop it Ms. Dayz.

Back To Basics was successful. Stop it Ms. Dayz.

People just don't wanna give Legendtina credit for what she's done and when and how she's slayed. She may not be slaying now but they wanna act like her slaying was minimal when it wasn't :lol: