Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience sets iTunes sales record!

ALSO...fastest selling in the UK this year,so far

Worldwide the album sold over 580,000 digital copies on iTunes during its first week on sale, breaking the itunes record becoming the fastest-selling album in the itunes history for a record's opening week and In the UK, the 20/20 Experience debuted at number 1 selling 106,000 copies in its first week and becoming the fastest selling album of 2013 so far

http://arts.national...lbum-worldwide/

So was Usher a white man when he sold a million his 1st wk back in 04?

Its all about status,anticipation and starpower. People were anticipating Usher back then which is why that was a huge era for him. You would have a point if no black artist did huge numbers but they do.

Ain't nobody buying JT's albums but gay men and white girls. JT has all the gay white boys and a few black ones buying his stuff along with the huge female fanbase like Usher although Usher didn't have to put his album on sale for $7.99 to get to his 1million dollar 1 week sale

Oh please...Justin has more charisma than most of those artist named combined. Also, he waited so long to build the anticipation.

Please Justin ain't wait no 7yrs to build no damn anticipation. He waited cause he didn't feel like doing music just like he said :rolleyes:

Her music isn't bad. You yourself have praised both Bionic and Lotus. :umm:

The less likeable part is true.

Oop! tumblr_mjkuc4iyUd1qbh0eio2_250_zps7289cefc.gif

Of all Usher song...you say You Remind Me :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: Thats one of that muthafukaz weakest. He has far more better shit than that. You just discredited that boy with that shit.

The simple R&B fluff of it was hott. Real pretty and cool like a breath of fresh air. Great R&B

Since when da fuck did Justin have a huge gay fanbase? :mellow::blink: I have never heard no shit like that...you just made that up just now. Joe females usually have a gay following not men. He doesnt have any more gays liking him than an Usher, a Prince, an MJ,....Boy stop.JT is not Madonna :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Not too many albums were goin diamond back in 2004. Music was still selling but nowhere near how it sold in the decade before.Confessions sold well becuz of anticipation and strong singles. If it was easy going diamond "cause music was selling back then" ...then everyone would have been doin it. Hell, the following year Mariah had the best selling album of 05 and it was nowhere near diamond.So diamond was not easy to achieve. Ppl simply been waiting on JT... anticipation is the major key. Look at Sade. Her last was a monster cuz of anticipation.

JT is not going diamond hun. :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Since when da fuck did Justin have a huge gay fanbase? :mellow::blink: I have never heard no shit like that...you just made that up just now. Joe females usually have a gay following not men. He doesnt have any more gays liking him than an Usher, a Prince, an MJ,....Boy stop.JT is not Madonna :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This!

JT is not going diamond hun. :lmao:

No one said he was :/

• Upvote 1

You think gay white boys don't love Justin :mellow: You think Usher don't have a huge gay fan base just cause they all not queens? Nobody said it's on an iconic level like Janet and Madonna. Honestly who you think buys Justin's albums? Surely not alot of str8 male fans :lol: Like I said he has the gays and the girls. Let me know when you see str8 men buying a Justin album :)

Looks like Justin only did the music cause he got paid. Guess he really don't give a damn about y'all fans :lol:

The mystery of Justin Timberlake's sudden return to music — with an underwhelming album no less — may have been solved.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Timberlake was pressured to return to music by Live Nation, which gave him around $20 million in 2009. Timberlake supposedly received $5 million as a "gimme" plus $15 million payment for a future tour.

A high-ranking source tells THR: "There is a due date by which you have to start touring — at some point, [Live Nation] has to call in the loan."

Admittedly, i t was a surprise that so soon after announcing his return to music, Timberlake dropped an album "The 20/20 Experience" three months later.

For one thing, Timberlake's been a busy man focusing on an acting career.

He put out three movies in 2011 ("Bad Teacher," "Friends with Benefits," and "In Time") and had "Trouble with the Curve" with Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams out last year.

Before his return, Timberlake also gave a lot of conflicting quotes regarding his absence from the music world.

March 2011 he told Entertainment Weekly he thought he may return to music:

”But to make an album, you have to find a group of songs that speak to something that might not be on the radio currently and make sense for you personally. It’s right around the corner, I think.”

Then in May, he told Playboy music wasn't his focus at all, and that it may never be time for another album. However, he said he's always writing and thinking of ideas for songs:

“I don’t have a single song ready to go," said Timberlake. “People keep asking me when a new song or album is coming out, and I don’t know what to say. Music is not my focus right now. It may be someday. It could happen next month or next year but right now it’s not where it’s at for me."

But, then in June 2011 he told Vanity Fair to not bet on another album, but hinted a tour may not be out of the question:

"I wouldn't say I'm not going to put out another [album]. I would say that would be a bad bet, if you were betting," said Timberlake. " But I could see myself only doing one more big tour."

It seems like Timberlake knew all along he would come back to music eventually and Live Nation was just cashing in its $20 million deposit.

"The 20/20 Experience" went on to sell 968,000 copies in its premiere week according to Nielsen Soundscan, and, though it didn't disappoint, the album didn't stand out among the critics either.

The L.A. Times was more generous with its review:

"'The 20/20 Experience' feels like an attempt to reclaim Timberlake’s space in a deeply altered landscape; it makes a play for timelessness at a moment of unabashed ephemerality."

Was the album rushed? Perhaps.

And that may be why we'll be hearing another one out later this year. That, and, because of Live Nation.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/20-million-concert-deal-forced-155400967.html

• Upvote 1

Ain't nobody buying JT's albums but gay men and white girls. JT has all the gay white boys and a few black ones buying his stuff along with the huge female fanbase like Usher although Usher didn't have to put his album on sale for $7.99 to get to his 1million dollar 1 week sale

Please Justin ain't wait no 7yrs do build no damn anticipation. He waited cause he didn't feel like doing music just like he said :rolleyes:

Oop! tumblr_mjkuc4iyUd1qbh0eio2_250_zps7289cefc.gif

Whatever the reason for him waiting he steadily increased his A-listness, and he excellent marketing, he actually worked and hit stuff like SNL, and he got what I knew he would get. Justin's likeability is unmatched by anyone in music, and you see that in Bieber's success. He was just the 'other justin' until the real thing came back.

And furthermore, I thought I told your black ass not to ever 'oop!' me around this time last year. Don't ever do it again or I am sending my mentally ill white friends over your house with their automated weapons. :umm:

Now on to the more important issues...Anybody see how well P!nk's album continues to do?

You think gay white boys don't love Justin :mellow: You think Usher don't have a huge gay fan base just cause they all not queens? Nobody said it's on an iconic level like Janet and Madonna. Honestly who you think buys Justin's albums? Surely not alot of str8 male fans :lol: Like I said he has the gays and the girls. Let me know when you see str8 men buying a Justin album :)

I told my bootleg man to bring me a copy of one tomorrow. I won't actually go on record buying any album that may try and stop "The Truth About Love" from being the years biggest seller. :umm:

WOMENNNNN. Hello? is anybody home? Women have always been the majority of music consumers since the beginning of time.Women buy more music than men...so that easily cancel s out the gay thing :mellow: Do some research sometimes. Most of the ppl who bought Justin are mainly girls. Gay boys do not rival women at all in the consumers department. Every artist has gay fans....JT has no more than the average artist

Whatever the reason for him waiting he steadily increased his A-listness, and he excellent marketing, he actually worked and hit stuff like SNL, and he got what I knew he would get. Justin's likeability is unmatched by anyone in music, and you see that in Bieber's success. He was just the 'other justin' until the real thing came back.

And furthermore, I thought I told your black ass not to ever 'oop!' me around this time last year. Don't ever do it again or I am sending my mentally ill white friends over your house with their automated weapons. :umm:

Now on to the more important issues...Anybody see how well P!nk's album continues to do?

Nobody's checking for P!nk's album but...not even you that's why you asking us about it :lol: Anyway Justin Bieber ain't just the "other Justin" until the real thing came back. Bieber ain't lose no fans cause Timberfake came back lol and hell yeah Justin better promote and work his ass off. He got paid $20 million so he needs to put in his work. It's kinda like a loan and until that shit's paid off he better work it!

Nobody's checking for P!nk's album but...not even you that's why you asking us about it :lol: Anyway Justin Bieber ain't just the "other Justin" until the real thing came back. Bieber ain't lose no fans cause Timberfake came back lol and hell yeah Justin better promote and work his ass off. He got paid $20 million so he needs to put in his work. It's kinda like a loan and until that shit's paid off he better work it!

you said the same thing about JT and look what happened...you might wanna chill on ur comments :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

• Upvote 1

and what are the WW sales WITHOUT you goin to research...do you even know???? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Your just talkin

You didn't answer the Question. I don't care about P!nk. Haven't heard her being talked about since she performed at that award show when she did flips and rolled on the floor or that bed or whatever she did last year or was it earlier this year? IDK She makes good music but like you told Game she'll never be a legend she'll only be known as that rocker chick that we used to know

You didn't answer the Question. I don't care about P!nk. Haven't heard her being talked about since she performed at that award show when she did flips and rolled on the floor or that bed or whatever she did last year or was it earlier this year? IDK She makes good music but like you told Game she'll never be a legend she'll only be known as that rocker chick that we used to know

:lmao: Well we already know nobody speaks about her outside of her Cirque du Soleil shit, even her fans know that.