The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

oh and BTW, is Cherish her most forgettable hit? i hardly ever see ppl talk about that song :lol:

I actually hear it on the radio every now and then. I wouldn't say it's forgettable but it's not one of my favorites. I will say that I think more people remember the video than the song. :unsure:

'Keep It Together' or 'Hanky Panky' are probably her more forgettable hits. :lol:

I actually hear it on the radio every now and then. I wouldn't say it's forgettable but it's not one of my favorites. I will say that I think more people remember the video than the song. :unsure:

'Keep It Together' or 'Hanky Panky' are probably her more forgettable hits. :lol:

really? :o i never hear that song unless i play it :lol:

oh yeah those too, not even her fans talk about them >_<:lol:

Madonna Working With Sia?

More news has surfaced on Madonna‘s upcoming album, which is slated for release some time in Spring 2012. Supposedly, Madonna is teaming up with another one-named songstress for a standout track on her new LP — quirky Australian vocalist Sia.

According to Examiner.com, Madonna doesn’t have a title for her latest musical project as of yet, but one track name has been revealed. Madonna has supposedly joined forces with Sia — who is known for fun indie-pop songs like ‘Clap Your Hands‘ and a haunting cover of the Church’s 1988 song ‘Under the Milky Way‘ — on a new tune dubbed ‘Trust.’

Sia’s involvement hasn’t been totally confirmed, but apparently she is either co-writing the song or co-producing ‘Trust’ alongside Madge. We wonder if ‘Trust’ is the new single that will supposedly be released in the early winter months of 2012.

Aside from the collaboration with Sia, additional info has also surfaced about the Material Girl’s forthcoming album. William Orbit (who produced Madonna’s ‘Ray of Light’ LP) and Jean Baptiste Kouame (who has worked with the Black Eyed Peas, Chris Brown and many other artists) are said to be producing the bulk of the album, and Madonna herself is also working on penning tracks and production.

Examiner.com also said, “Industry insiders see this album as a milestone for Madonna in the same degree ‘Like a Prayer’ and ‘Ray of Light’ were.” Also, Madge is already planning a tour for 2012. We hope it can live up to her massive-grossing Hard Candy tour! For some reason, we think Madonna will have no trouble topping herself.

http://popcrush.com/madonna-sia-album/

:o:wub:

Do you mean it's peculiar because it didn't translate into sales? I kinda like that. Either way, now they can call it even after Christina xeroxed the 'Express Yourself' video for 'Not Myself Tonight'.

I think Madonna (and Brit) still owes Xtina for making her distant memory on-stage in the VMA performance.

Madonna To Perform At Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show

Oct 3, 2011 - Madonna will perform during the Super Bowl XLVI halftime show at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on February 5, sources close to the event told SBNation.com on Monday.

A spokesperson for the NFL declined to comment.

As you'd expect for an artist with her mass appeal, this isn't the first time Madonna's been approached about performing at the Super Bowl. In 1998, it was heavily rumored that Madonna would perform at Super Bowl XXXIII in Miami, only to have the plans fall apart before a deal could be reached.

Likewise, Madonna was reportedly to headline the halftime show for Super Bowl XXXV, two years later, but backed out at the last minute.

None of which is to say that she's a stranger to the Super Bowl spotlight. As recently as 2008, Madonna's music was used in a commercial for SunSilk hair products, for which the singer was paid $10 million, according to Rolling Stone. So where does Madonna fit in the lineage of Super Bowl halftime performers?

Let's take a look at the past 10 years.

2002 - U2

2003 - Shania Twain, No Doubt, Sting

2004 - Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake

2005 - Paul McCartney

2006 - The Rolling Stones

2007 - Prince

2008 - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

2009 - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

2010 - The Who

2011 - The Black Eyed Peas, Usher, and Slash

Now we can add Madonna to that list.

For the moment, the biggest question is how much freedom she gets from the NFL. Madonna of the '80s and '90s would've been a pretty interesting experiment at the Super Bowl, as no female artist this side of Janet Jackson would've been more likely to push the envelope as far as costumes, themes, and stageplay is concerned.

After the debacle with Janet Jackson in 2004, old school Madonna would've been far too risky for the NFL. But today's Madonna is a mom more famous for charity than lack of chastity, and a natural fit for the NFL's biggest stage, especially considering the direction the NFL's taken in the years since 2004's controversy.

She may not match Prince, but she's better than Paul McCartney, and certainly an upgrade over 2011's apocalyptic amalgam of the Black Eyed Peas, a half-dead Slash, and Usher.

So, if we can accept that the NFL's not going to give us any relevant new music (like, say, Jay-Z and Kanye West), then fans could certainly do worse than Madonna, right?

The Super Bowl and its halftime show will be televised live on NBC on February 5th, 2012. Stay tuned for further comments from Madonna and/or the NFL as the news emerges.

• 2 weeks later...

Madonna To Tour Australia?

She's probably not going to throw a macrobiotic-shrimp-flavoured-item on the barbecue, but she might throw a latex cat suit into her hand luggage. Word is Her Madge-sty might be heading down under on a massive stadium concert tour.

Don't strap on your conical bras and fishnets just yet though, people. So far, the rumours have yet to be confirmed. Pedestrian broke the story today, after a document was leaked on official Madonna fan site, Drowned Madonna.

Why are we taking this seriously? Well there's a well-planned itinerary and some official-looking letterhead going on, as well as details of an upcoming Beverly Hills Press Conference.

Here are the (cough) proposed Australian tour dates (cough):

Thursday April 5 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Thursday April 12 - Suncorp Stadium , Brisbane

Sunday April 15 - AAMI Stadium, Adelaide

Wednesday April 18 - Etihad Stadium , Melbourne

Tuesday April 24 - Patersons Stadium, Perth

Eeek. Somebody hide the bloody hydrangeas.

UPDATE: The alleged promoters of this tour, LiveNation, have quashed this story as a hoax. Booooo.

:thumbdown: