The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

Moving away from the song comparison a little, I do think Madonna feels threatened by Gaga on some level. She took Britney under her wing but not Gaga and I think it's because the latter has a brain. No shade to Britney, but she's rarely ever felt like the one calling the shots in her career, so when the "next Madonna" tags started popping up it was easy enough for the original Madonna to play the flattered part. But you would never catch her shading a Britney song or a Britney move like she just did the new "next Madonna", Gaga, and it's because Britney doesn't pose a threat to Madonna's intelligence. Britney only had the music, Gaga has both.

Moving away from the song comparison a little, I do think Madonna feels threatened by Gaga on some level. She took Britney under her wing but not Gaga and I think it's because the latter has a brain. No shade to Britney, but she's rarely ever felt like the one calling the shots in her career, so when the "next Madonna" tags started popping up it was easy enough for the original Madonna to play the flattered part. But you would never catch her shading a Britney song or a Britney move like she just did the new "next Madonna", Gaga, and it's because Britney doesn't pose a threat to Madonna's intelligence. Britney only had the music, Gaga has both.

Britney was in her own lane though... what she did didn't resemble exactly what Madonna did. She had the cultural significance, the sexuality... that's about it. Gaga has literally taken looks from Madonna's wardrobe and recreated her sound with "Born This Way" even I was defending Gaga saying it was a purposeful reference but when she said she didn't intend that... I was like wtf :blink:

I think she may feel a little threatened, but not really. She's still creating buzz leading up to her album release and performing at the Superbowl. She's great at marketing herself and that is to be admired. I DO understand why Lady Gaga would somewhat be a threat, but I don't feel that Madonna seems pressed at her comments toward Gaga. She did say that Gaga was talented and what not. But a blind man can see that Gaga is CLEARLY "influenced" by Madonna. It was just a matter of time before all this hoopla was going down. -_-

Britney was in her own lane though... what she did didn't resemble exactly what Madonna did. She had the cultural significance, the sexuality... that's about it. Gaga has literally taken looks from Madonna's wardrobe and recreated her sound with "Born This Way" even I was defending Gaga saying it was a purposeful reference but when she said she didn't intend that... I was like wtf :blink:

Because it was all Janet.. :filenails:

I think she may feel a little threatened, but not really. She's still creating buzz leading up to her album release and performing at the Superbowl. She's great at marketing herself and that is to be admired. I DO understand why Lady Gaga would somewhat be a threat, but I don't feel that Madonna seems pressed at her comments toward Gaga. She did say that Gaga was talented and what not. But a blind man can see that Gaga is CLEARLY "influenced" by Madonna. It was just a matter of time before all this hoopla was going down. -_-

If Gaga wants to prove her that she's a bad bitch she would throw a little shade back..

this is true. Britney was more of a Janet clone in my eyes. Gaga's is like Madonna 2.0 and I can see how Madonna might be a little 'annoyed' with Gaga.

I agree which is why I would love to hear GaGa's response because she is very quick witted too.

Madonna isn't nearly as respected as the industry as Gaga is, nor was she nearly as politically active.

I'm not talking just about #1 hits and controversial videos, I'm talking about actual artistic substance and changing the course of pop culture. Madonna opened the door for Gaga and other modern female acts, and Gaga took the door and smashed it to bits.

iCant

@DJWS DJ WHITE SHADOW

And obviously: someone should take there old lady meds before they are allowed to talk in public. No memories having motherfucker.

LOL

DjWhiteshadow co-produced Born This Way. Gaga needs to put a leash on him tho :filenails:

I wonder if an all-out Blonde Pop Queen WAR is brewing :unsure:

Which side will you choose :unsure:

@DJWS DJ WHITE SHADOW

And obviously: someone should take there old lady meds before they are allowed to talk in public. No memories having motherfucker.

LOL

DjWhiteshadow co-produced Born This Way. Gaga needs to put a leash on him tho :filenails:

I wonder if an all-out Blonde Pop Queen WAR is brewing :unsure:

Which side will you choose :unsure:

Madonna, I'm starting a Madonna tour fund now because bitch aint cheap to see.