The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

Madonna 2012 World Tour – More tour dates…

A multitude of different lists including the dates for Madonna’s upcoming 2012 tour have surfaced on the internet the last couple of months. Even the official Madonna.com website had updated their tour section, but the dates suddenly disappeared.

There seems to be some kind of truth to it, because here is a short overview of current known dates. Keep in mind that some of those dates and places are still under negotiation…

29 May 2012: Tel Aviv, Israel – Ramat Gan

30 May 2012: Tel Aviv, Israel – Ramat Gan

3 June 2012: Abu Dhabi, UAE

7 June 2012: Istanbul, Turkey

11 June 2012: Zagreb, Croatia – Maximir Stadium

14 June 2012: Milan, Italy – San Siro

16 June 2012: Florence, Italy – Stadio Artemio Franchi

20 June 2012: Barcelona, Spain – Palau Sant Jordi

24 June 2012: Coimbra, Portugal – Estadio Cidade de Coimbra

28 June 2012: Berlin, Germany – O2 Arena

30 June 2012: Hamburg, Germany – O2 World

02 July 2012: Copenhagen, Denmark

04 July 2012: Göthenburg, Sweden

07 July 2012: Amsterdam, Netherlands

10 July 2012: Köln, Germany

12 July 2012: Brussels, Belgium

14 July 2012: Paris, France – Stade de France

17 July 2012: London, UK

21 July 2012: Edinburgh, UK

24 July 2012: Dublin, Ireland

29 July 2012: Vienna, Austria

01 August 2012: Warsaw, Poland

04 August 2012: Kiev, Ukraine – Olimpiyskiy Stadium

07 August 2012: Moscow, Russia – Olimpiyskiy Arena

09 August 2012: St. Petersburg, Russia – SCC Arena

12 August 2012: Helsinki, Finland

15 August 2012: Oslo, Norway

18 August 2012: Zurich, Switzerland – Letzigrund Stadium

21 August 2012: Nice, France – Charles-Ehrmann Stadium

28 August 2012: Philadelphia – USA, Wells Fargo Center

1 September 2012: Quebec, Canada – Plains of Abraham

24 October 2012: Houston

27 October 2012: New Orleans

Tickets for Philadelphia should be on sale on February 13th at 10am.

Tickets for Houston and New Orleans should go on sale on March 5th. (Thanks Brad)

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/01/27/madonna-2012-world-tour-more-tour-dates/

Damn she's releasing tickets now and the shows aren't until the fall?

I'll definitely be seeing her this time around, whenever she announces the New York dates. I want in the first few rows.

REALLY?

I was NOT impressed.

I think I have to watch it again because it's getting so much damn praise.

But she just looked so... distant. She didn't seem into the performance at all.

And she's a horrible lip syncer. Hope it didn't give non-fans the impression that she always lip syncs. Since she never does.

I really think she was nervous, and that's kinda a first to see it, I imagine she does get nervous but that was the biggest crowd she will ever play and the pressure of putting on a good show, my God I would be kinda nervous too but I woulda had a drink or two and went out and killed it. :excited:

:o cnd, dig out your cone bra!!! :excited:

MADONNA will finally tour Australia in 2013

Her promoters Live Nation confirmed today that she will make her first visit here since 1993 early next year.

The announcement follows her performance at the Super Bowl half-time show broadcast to over 100 million viewers worldwide yesterday.

Madonna’s world tour will start in Tel Aviv on May 29 and end in Australia in early 2013, with 90 dates planned globally – her longest tour to date.

Madonna’s last four world tours have all bypassed Australia.

Her manager Guy Oseary told angry Australian fans in 2009 after axing tour plans: "Madonna really needs to go to Australia. We are long overdue for a trip Down Under and apologise for that, it will happen.”

Live Nation CEO Arthur Fogel told Billboard: "Of the shows we're doing, I'd say 25 per cent to 30 per cent will be markets she's never played before. There's still a few left. We'll get to these markets where she's never been, some exciting new places, and get back to Australia after too long a time."

Fogel said the tour will be adapted for arenas, stadiums and “unique outdoor sights… it will be big and can get bigger.”

Madonna performed at the MCG in 1993.

Her last tour, 2008/2009’s Sticky & Sweet, grossed over $400 million. The new tour will be potentially more lucrative.

The itinerary sees Madonna in Europe through May to August, and North America from August to November before a break for Christmas and New Year, then the Australian leg.

Madonna’s new album MDNA is released on March 26.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/madonna-announces-world-tour-dates/story-e6frf9hf-1226264915116

fhhdghss!! They're on sale already:

You have to pay to join madonna.com :umm:??

Damn she's releasing tickets now and the shows aren't until the fall?

I'll definitely be seeing her this time around, whenever she announces the New York dates. I want in the first few rows.

I want to go see her too! I'm not huge on her but she won me over with the Superbowl. Her team is really on point this era!

Super Bowl sets records with 111.3 million

The Super Bowl broadcast by NBC on Sunday was watched by 111.3 million people, according to Nielsen estimates, making it the most-watched program in television history for the third year in a row.

Approximately 47.8 percent of U.S. homes tuned in for the New York Giants come-from-behind 21-17 victory over the New England Patriots, off a tenth of a percentage point from last year's Super Bowl, which earned a 47.9 for Fox and drew a then-record 111 million viewers.

Sunday's Super Bowl peaked between 9:30 p.m. and 9:58 p.m. ET, according to Nielsen, when 117.7 million viewers watched Giants quarterback Eli Manning engineer a game-winning fourth-quarter drive--and Patriots QB Tom Brady fail to lead one of his own.

The halftime show, featuring an age-defying performance from Madonna, drew 114 million viewers--the most-watched Super Bowl halftime performance in history.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/super-bowl-sets-records-111-3-million-tv-202205652.html

----

That's A LOT of people who just tuned in for the halftime show.

Really? :lol: I guess most love it or hate it.

You should go! I can't imagine why anyone would be disappointed, even if you're not much of a fan.

Yeah I always hated her pretentious ass but I figured I'm pretentious too...why not join the force lol.

I'm definitely going to try and get tickets. I've learnt from MJ's death to go to concerts of legends whilst I can

Yeah I always hated her pretentious ass but I figured I'm pretentious too...why not join the force lol.

I'm definitely going to try and get tickets. I've learnt from MJ's death to go to concerts of legends whilst I can

lmao her personality and attitude are shit but she's the Queen of Pop for a reason.

-_-

I see that song fell to 64 on Itunes.. lol

http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/songs/

It's not in the Top 100 at all. :/ In fact, its only top ten position is in Spain. That means the bulk of the sales came from the pre-order deal. Ki!

Funny enough, the song has grown on me a bit. It's still a disappointment, but it's cute.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/songs/

It's not in the Top 100 at all. :/ In fact, its only top ten position is in Spain. That means the bulk of the sales came from the pre-order deal. Ki!

Funny enough, the song has grown on me a bit. It's still a disappointment, but it's cute.

:o Damn, I thought this would be a runaway hit..all the hype leading up to the SB..maybe it'll rebound.. :unsure:

:o Damn, I thought this would be a runaway hit..all the hype leading up to the SB..maybe it'll rebound.. :unsure:

I thought maybe it was taken off iTunes but it's still available. I can't imagine why it would be so low after the Super Bowl. 114 million viewers and not even a few thousand are buying the single?