The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

Late 80s Madonna was the best Madonna actually. The singles from true blue and like a prayer are very good and her videos slayed. i like Cher, but Madonna had her pressed. :coffee:

Cher was that shocking bitch who everyone talked about and then Madge came along and stole all her thunder. So she shaded her most of the late 80s. Ironically, Madonna has done the same to Lady Gaga. Plus, its hard to feel sorry for the dragging she use to take, because let most of the divas from that era tell it, Madonna was a bitch behind the scenes. Patti, Diana, Bette and Cher all said that homegirl use to be rude. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Late 80s Madonna was the best Madonna actually. The singles from true blue and like a prayer are very good and her videos slayed. i like Cher, but Madonna had her pressed. :coffee:

Cher was that shocking bitch who everyone talked about and then Madge came along and stole all her thunder. So she shaded her most of the late 80s. Ironically, Madonna has done the same to Lady Gaga. Plus, its hard to feel sorry for the dragging she use to take, because let most of the divas from that era tell it, Madonna was a bitch behind the scenes. Patti, Diana, Bette and Cher all said that homegirl use to be rude. :coffee:

OOP you musta just come from the salon cause you got that fresh No-Lye relaxer speakin in 2 paragraphs lol

Yea I like Cher alot (like I said saw her Bio a while ago and was pretty impressed), but bitch is PRESSED @ Maddy Madge, and like you excellently pointed out she has every reason to be.......and it's the same reason Mad is pressed by Gaga, Karma is a BITCH!

Chair has complimented Madonna a lot times actually.

Those were just the 90s where they were all shading each other, but that's exactly when all of them (Janet, Madonna, Whitney, Mariah etc) became legends.

With that said, Chair's discography is weak as SHIT, i don't know how ppl go bananas for her

Chair has complimented Madonna a lot times actually.

Those were just the 90s where they were all shading each other, but that's exactly when all of them (Janet, Madonna, Whitney, Mariah etc) became legends.

With that said, Chair's discography is weak as SHIT, i don't know how ppl go bananas for her

Eh, her image is bigger than music honestly (EXACT same thing can be said about Diana), like I dig her 60's-1990(and the song Believe) stuff for the most part, but yea her discog isn't anything special necissarily, I'd pick her & her discog over Maddy tho.

Eh, her image is bigger than music honestly (EXACT same thing can be said about Diana), like I dig her 60's-1990(and the song Believe) stuff for the most part, but yea her discog isn't anything special necissarily, I'd pick her & her discog over Maddy tho.

Yeap. She has strong singles here and there but everything else falls flat to me (i kinda feel the same towards Consuelow who has strong singles but is basically just a glorified celebrity with a musical career)

Yeap. She has strong singles here and there but everything else falls flat to me (i kinda feel the same towards Consuelow who has strong singles but is basically just a glorified celebrity with a musical career)

BritBrit is the worst offender (Basically a pop culture icon that happens to record music and perform).

I decided to take a good listen to Bedtime Stories. Some of the singles I didn't use in the first place (Secret, Take A Bow) I'm starting to love. That said I only like the singles (I've always like Bedtime Story and Human Nature). Urban Contemporary really doesn't suit her well. Among the other songs, the strongly produced songs are brought down by weak lyrics. A cool album at best... there's enough goods song to buy it, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

I tried to listen to Ray of Light. I never cared for the era at the time, and listening to a few tracks bored me to tears. If someone can provide me the good tracks I might take a listen to those.

(MY FAVE, BACKHANDED!!! This is the definition of a backhanded complement done best)

Theres more on youtube but most seem to be in really long interviews you have to sit through to hear it.

damn! She kinda shaded really hard on the talent and looks department lol

There are so many different Madonnas in each decade though. For example in the 00s you had the brilliant American Life and COADF, and then you had Stale Candy :umm:

This is also true tbh. Each album has it's own identity and with it a different Madonna. But the 80s still were better.

I thought she was very likeable in that tour movie of hers - the one where Janet is mentioned. I loved that.

This is also true tbh. Each album has it's own identity and with it a different Madonna. But the 80s still were better.

I thought she was very likeable in that tour movie of hers - the one where Janet is mentioned. I loved that.

Truth or Dare, yes I love the film. That period was her zenith :wub: