Sooo... Aca-Awkward But Destiny's Child kinda flopped

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

It's her job :umm:.

ok so there was no point in you saying "she stays on people's mind" :umm:

Btw...For Bu and TE (and whoever else is defending Love Songs) ..its really not much of a debate where I realize we differ on this subject matter is that I (me,myself). thought their name would be enough to move more units fir the comp album...I suppose u all don't feel their name is great enough to move a respectable amount. So yeah...that's where we differ i guess. I had more faith in their name.

Exactly! Hell how many packaged "hits" albums does Janet and Michael have and not one of them sold under 10,000 when they were released :filenails:

The fact that someone would think Rihanna is superior to Beyonce in any aspect is a joke itself.

the same way some compare Beyonce to Michael and say she's the next Michael?
  • Upvote 1

Excuse me?????????? Lmfao ...shit went down hill when B'day came along and ain't recovered since. She just doesnt have cohesive albums. She gets lost within het own craft...its actually painful to see.

what craft exactly does she have? stealing is not a craft it's a crime :mellow:

................................................................................................................. bye-girlfast.gif

:lol:

Really?

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1177276/rihannas-sm-video-elicits-photographers-copyright-infringement-lawsuit

Can a music video infringe the copyright on a still photo?

Pop star Rihanna's music video "S&M" is continuing to create quite a stir among photographers.

In February, David LaChappelle sued the singer and her record labels for infringing the copyright on some of his photographs. Now, the singer is also being pursued by another photographer, Phiipp Paulus, who is making similar allegations.

The music video "S&M" portrays Rihanna's sadomasochist relationship with the press with images like blogger Perez Hilton on a leash like a dog. In one scene, Rihanna wears a big dress, up against the wall with huge plastic in front of her, with X's all around.

German photographer Paulus believes that image was appropriated from his own photographic series, "Paperworld."

Here's a side-by-side comparison: 1146739-Rihanna-S-M-comparison.jpg

In February, LaChappelle made the same sort of allegations, suing for copyright infringement. The photographer claimed that eight of his images for past Vogue Italia photo shoots had been used by Rihanna. The photographer alleged that the music video was directly derived from the "composition, total concept, feel, tone, mood, theme, colors, props, settings, decors, wardrobe and lighting" of his photographs.

For example, the image of a doggy Perez Hilton is alleged to be a copy of LaChappelle's work: 1146759-Rihanna-vs.-David-LaChapelle.jpg

In moving to dismiss the complaint, Rihanna and the defendant record labels argued that LaChapelle was "effectively trying to monopolize an entire subject matter or genre in two different mediums, i.e., still and motion picture formats."

The defendants add that there can be no finding of substantial similarity because the nature of the two artistic mediums are vastly different.

"The Eight Stills, by their nature, present posed images frozen in place; the angle, lighting and subject of each image is forever static and unchanging," say the defendants in their brief to the court. "In contrast, the Video is a motion picture set to music -- moving at a frantic pace, with the camera and subjects constantly in motion, and the lighting, focus and angle of the shots continually changing. The only thing in common between the Eight Stills and the Video is that they invoke common concepts and types of props associated with S&M practices...but which are given dissimilar expression."

How does that prove you're NOT delusional

No... I'm bringing up the legends because according to your Republican Math... The more Grammy's one has the better than are than somoene with less.. ie Rihanna, Mariah, MJ, & The Goddess... :umm:

I will loose the battle? :umm: You stealing my words like "smokescreen" and the fact that you're little "rule" only applies to Rihanna is beyond redic :lmao: I think you lost

let him spell the way he wants to spell :lol:

he better not say beyonce.

:lol:

I can't believe you all are comparing Rihaha to Beyonce. I mean the girl gives performances like this

http://youtu.be/ui5PJWxW7Ik

It's actually quite sad. Beyonce is very respected as an artist. She's extremely talented. She can sing, dance, and perform her ass off. Rihanna cannot. I guess that's why Beyonce's world tour is already selling out and Rihdundant's isn't. And this whole edgy shit is played out. Flaunting a relationship with a man who beat the living dog shit out of you is not edgy, it's just plain stupid.

And she can give performances like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNpJ4Cfgyc (this 1's more recent and praised up the ass for a reason, notice the emotion and passion in this performance?)

Nobody said Bey wasn't successful at playing it safe......but that don't make her a great artist....cause she's not, she's a great singer, good performer, & a mediocre (at best) dancer.But her catalog is severly limiting & limited. And again....what does her personal life have to do with this conversation, we're talking the music, and musically Rihanna is better than Beyonce, it's what the stats and general public all say & indicate.

This thread is so lame now. I mean can we please have some balanced views instead of the same anti-Beyonces and same anti-Rihannas going at it? It's not a debate if the KKK goes against the Taliban because you know neither will change their views.

• Upvote 1

And she can give performances like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNpJ4Cfgyc (this 1's more recent and praised up the ass for a reason, notice the emotion and passion in this performance?)

Nobody said Bey wasn't successful at playing it safe......but that don't make her a great artist....cause she's not, she's a great singer, good performer, & a mediocre (at best) dancer.But her catalog is severly limiting & limited. And again....what does her personal life have to do with this conversation, we're talking the music, and musically Rihanna is better than Beyonce, it's what the stats and general public all say & indicate.

seriously, beyonce's pesdestal thus far is created out of the remnants' of her stans assholes and i just can't deal

And Rihanna fans are better in what way?

ill speak for myself, im not the one trying to call riri a legend, bc i know she isnt one, the only thing beyonce has over riri is her vocal skills, but tht isnt holding riri back from being the greater artist, and yes i love riri but im not gonna say shes this queen as u call beyonce, if in reality shes been in the same lane since her first album (beyonce) its just annoying all this greatness her stans throw towards her, its like they big her up to make up for gaps in her career, and regardless of riris personal life tht u bring up, it has yet to interfere with her music career, she can smoke weed, have a baby by chris and still trump beyonce's career with her eyes closed

"Emotion! Soul! I can feel every word she sings"

That's cute and all but it doesn't make up for her lack of singing talent. Rihanna's gives a decent performance and all of a sudden she's some kinda vocalist. Give me a break.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZelBd4k6k20

This a real VOCALIST.

and thts where Beyonce's superiority over riri ends

ill speak for myself, im not the one trying to call riri a legend, bc i know she isnt one, the only thing beyonce has over riri is her vocal skills, but tht isnt holding riri back from being the greater artist, and yes i love riri but im not gonna say shes this queen as u call beyonce, if in reality shes been in the same lane since her first album (beyonce) its just annoying all this greatness her stans throw towards her, its like they big her up to make up for gaps in her career, and regardless of riris personal life tht u bring up, it has yet to interfere with her music career, she can smoke weed, have a baby by chris and still trump beyonce's career with her eyes closed

Beyonce fans can call her whatever the hell they want. Why are you so bothered? No one is stopping you from calling Rihanna, "Rihallah" or "the HBIC". :mellow: Do you see how you're a hypocrite?

Beyonce fans can call her whatever the hell they want. Why are you so bothered? No one is stopping you from calling Rihanna, "Rihallah" or "the HBIC". :mellow: Do you see how you're a hypocrite?

that rihallah is for fun and i say HBIC bc he IS statistically speaking, the HBIC right now so im actually not a hypocrite im not bothered im just debating, should i not say anything, responses from all of us is what keeps this forum going, i come up here when im bored tbqh.

Don't forget dancing, songwriting, looks and everything else.

beyonce doesnt dance (shaking isnt dancing, janet dances, ciara dances) songwriting (debatable) at least we know riri doesnt write her own shit, but she's never been questioned, more than once about her writing credibility, and beyonce does not look better than rihanna, sorry lol, she only looks good with that blonde ass weave

that rihallah is for fun and i say HBIC bc he IS statistically speaking, the HBIC right now so im actually not a hypocrite im not bothered im just debating, should i not say anything, responses from all of us is what keeps this forum going, i come up here when im bored tbqh.

Sure it is. Adele is outselling Rihanna.

Is she the HBIC?

beyonce doesnt dance (shaking isnt dancing, janet dances, ciara dances) songwriting (debatable) at least we know riri doesnt write her own shit, but she's never been questioned, more than once about her writing credibility, and beyonce does not look better than rihanna, sorry lol, she only looks good with that blonde ass weave

Beyonce is the best dancer of her generation. She has basically covered every style of dance. "Single Ladies" is shaking? :mellow: "Run The World"? "End Of Time"? :mellow: Beyonce writes her own music. Do you know what songwriting is?