Kelly Clarkson fires back at Clive Davis in open letter

SloLove

Execs are probably more often wrong than right. People forget Virgin record didn't even want to realease "That's the way love goes" and it turned out to be Janet's biggest hit.

hello somebody! and how they cut mariah that check to leave after one "flop" album

no it's not again...because you never hear the bad on the execs side...the execs have tons of artist so dont give me that crap about they need to make a living as well. The execs are not always right as Kelly just explained and as Pink proved to L.A

Those are the bad... We don't hear the good.. Well we do but you don't know it

Clive's team has released a statement

As anyone who has read "The Soundtrack of My Life" knows, I think Kelly Clarkson is a tremendous vocal talent and performer. In the book, I provide an in-depth look at our years together during which we shared major multi-platinum success, as well as a few creative differences. I am truly very sorry that she has decided to take issue with what I know to be an accurate depiction of our time together. Before the book was published, I had every fact checked with five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all. The chapter as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them. I stand by the chapter as written in my book. At the same time I wish, and will always wish, Kelly's talent and her career to soar to ever new heights.

- Clive Davis

wow @ you not knowing that..

I believe they wanted "IF" to be the first single... I can see why... it's the best song on the album... but clearly not the most successful

tho Janet had it wrong with GTIG... Clearly IGL or TA shoulda been lead single for TVR

See I disagree here, Janet had a clear vision of wanting to make records that were not predictable, she came with TTWLG because EVERYONE expected some huge production dance hit, that came after with "If" ...but TTWLG was a way to slip back into the scene without making a huge scene. Same with VR, she wanted to introduce herself without making some huge ass statement about it, I think that is in keeping with her humility. Sometimes the best records are the ones you don't see coming they quietly come on the scene and they are just good records, TTWLG was just that. Besides if you are an artist in it for the long term of a project, you don't throw out the biggest moments at the start you make people wait build more anticipation of whats to come that way the album lasts longer

See I disagree here, Janet had a clear vision of wanting to make records that were not predictable, she came with TTWLG because EVERYONE expected some huge production dance hit, that came after with "If" ...but TTWLG was a way to slip back into the scene without making a huge scene. Same with VR, she wanted to introduce herself without making some huge ass statement about it, I think that is in keeping with her humility. Sometimes the best records are the ones you don't see coming they quietly come on the scene and they are just good records, TTWLG was just that. Besides if you are an artist in it for the long term of a project, you don't throw out the biggest moments at the start you make people wait build more anticipation of whats to come that way the album lasts longer

she made a huge scene though :lol: That was her biggest hit off that album..but i see what you're saying.. now-a-days artists release the best song first... which means the rest of their album usually suck...

she made a huge scene though :lol: That was her biggest hit off that album..but i see what you're saying.. now-a-days artists release the best song first... which means the rest of their album usually suck...

now a days its make that quick buck because albums don't usually last that long, Katy Perry milked the fuck outta "Teenage Dreams" BUT most artist NOW, you get in quick hit em fast hope it works get yo paper and get out

And the fact the he didn't like My December... :umm:

I loooooooove me some "My December". Their disagreement on the album was so public, he really didn't believe in that record at all. It almost seemed as if he wanted it to fail to prove a point.

I loooooooove me some "My December". Their disagreement on the album was so public, he really didn't believe in that record at all. It almost seemed as if he wanted it to fail to prove a point.

He did. He wanted Kelly to be the biggest popstar in the world and she just wanted to be honest with her music and express herself thru it. I think Catch My Breath explains it clearly

And the people that were there with Clive and Kelly on that meating are now on twitter calling BS at Clive's response to this Kelly drag :lol:

• Upvote 2

He did. He wanted Kelly to be the biggest popstar in the world and she just wanted to be honest with her music and express herself thru it. I think Catch My Breath explains it clearly

And the people that were there with Clive and Kelly on that meating are now on twitter calling BS at Clive's response to this Kelly drag :lol:

Clive is crazy. I personally feel Kelly has made great decisions in her career and I like that she has such a dedicated fanbase and a solid touring reputation (she has toured every year since she started). She's been here for 11 years and I see her having many more. :)

• Upvote 1

Clive is crazy. I personally feel Kelly has made great decisions in her career and I like that she has such a dedicated fanbase and a solid touring reputation (she has toured every year since she started). She's been here for 11 years and I see her having many more. :)

Clive is good at picking up the tight team to get a hit and he usually knows what to do with an artist to make him/her blow up but the problem is that He (just like LA) thinks that his opinion is the only thing that counts and that his artists need to bend over for whatever he says. At this day and age most record labels want puppets and not artists with an opinion.

Agreed. Even though i stopped paying attention to her after MD i'm happy that she was able to get thru it all and get some sucess

Lol who is dragging him??

ashley arrison ‏@ashleyarrison

Paid "fact checkers" don't count. #teamkelly

That's kelly's assistant who was there at the meating Kelly had with Clive

Ashley Donovan ‏@ashes2lashes

@ashleyarrison cue People Like Us. #teamkelly

Ashley Donovan ‏@ashes2lashes

Someone should be thankful for the relevance and book sales bestowed upon him. #teamkelly

@jasonhalbert

I was there for a lot of it. She speaks the truth ... #teamkelly

@ashes2lashes

@jasonhalbert do we qualify as fact checkers?

The team that was behind her during the disagreements :lol:

• Upvote 1

Clive is good at picking up the tight team to get a hit and he usually knows what to do with an artist to make him/her blow up but the problem is that He (just like LA) thinks that his opinion is the only thing that counts and that his artists need to bend over for whatever he says. At this day and age most record labels want puppets and not artists with an opinion.

Agreed. Even though i stopped paying attention to her after MD i'm happy that she was able to get thru it all and get some sucess

When there is success, there will also be failure. Every artist has their own thing...why not reach a reasonable compromise rather than try to completely void an artists' expression and opinion? Without them, the record execs and labels wouldn't be making a dime! The artist and the label need each other. :)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l3hd2u

As anyone who has read "The Soundtrack of My Life" knows, I think Kelly Clarkson is a tremendous vocal talent and performer. In the book, I provide an in-depth look at our years together during which we shared major multi-platinum success, as well as a few creative differences. I am truly very sorry that she has decided to take issue with what I know to be an accurate depiction of our time together. Before the book was published, I had every fact checked with five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all. The chapter as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them. I stand by the chapter as written in my book. At the same time I wish, and will always wish, Kelly's talent and her career to soar to ever new heights.

-Clive Davis

When there is success, there will also be failure. Every artist has their own thing...why not reach a reasonable compromise rather than try to completely void an artists' expression and opinion? Without them, the record execs and labels wouldn't be making a dime! The artist and the label need each other. :)

True but people with huge Egos ...

I really look forward to the new generation of record label execs. Is there any fresh blood out there? It feels like Clive and LA Reid have been running things for too long.

Yeah but look a Diddy for example and what he did/does with Bad Boy, it's either his way or out. Dawn Richards and Kalenna had to get out of his lable to release some damn music. It seems like once they get a taste of power they go nuts

Does Jay Z count?

If we counting animals yes

• Upvote 1

Yeah but look a Diddy for example and what he did/does with Bad Boy, it's either his way or out. Dawn Richards and Kalenna had to get out of his lable to release some damn music. It seems like once they get a taste of power they go nuts

If we counting animals yes

dumb :lol: