What's your fave sad songs you can connect to?

jarrylf

What songs do you play where the lyrics & the voice & composition just speak to you and read your whole situation, might not make you feel happy, but makes you feel like your voice is being heard

I think Janet's the QUEEN of it, but heres some of my faves besides Janet.

(FUCK the Aretha jokes, this song...only she could sing this, like she's singing this like she's talkin directly too you, I felt it ever since the 1st time I saw Waiting To Exhale)

This song.......damn, it got me through alot of teen songs, I used to have a "sad" mix where I'd have this song right next to Lonely and it'd fit perfectly

Another song that I could really FEEL in my teens, this was more so because of the instrumentals and the way she sings this song than the lyrics

SHUT UP, yea I don't like Madonna, I dislike her more than I dislike Bey....& Justin (both Justins of the industry)........but this fucking song touches the hell outta me

when I broke up with my bf a few years ago, I heard this song on the radio and it hit me like a ton of brick.

everyone word is how i felt at the time

I've never heard that 1, that 1 is really good.

The 1st time I broke up with someone, I had my music on shuffle, and this was the 1st song that naturally came and I just had to sit in the dark with my head down

Aaliyah's version slays too.....but it's not Donny, Donny put his whole life heart & soul into this song.

And this is just plain 1 of the saddest songs brilliantly sung songs I've flat out ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFdYeNwqxc

Powderfinger - These Days

I can't remember how I came across this song. I think I may have been listening to Matts radio on last.fm. Anyway as I was listening to it I actually burst into tears.

Michelle Featherstone - Coffee & Cigarettes

Incredibly sad. Her voice is everything. The lyrics are beautiful.

OOOOHHHH Xfactor is such a damn good song!!! NOBODY can do this song like she did, it's the type of song, I don'e even want to necissarily hear her do live (especially today) because the recording slays so hard.

Bu I know you love yo Rock, so I know you probably know this 1, it's 1 of my faves of the genres......and it makes me so sad...ever since The Butterfly Effect

ok i don't know where to begin, sad/depressive music is one of my all time fav type of music so i have a HUGE collection of albums like that :lol: I'd have to post full clips of albums from lots of my all time fav artist so just going to post 2 that came right away

2 examples but like i said i have a shit load of them x_x

• Upvote 1

Where do I begin

Drake's "Doing It Wrong" is the theme of my recent break up

Better Days was my theme for my past break ups and life.. Soo uplifting but the first verse is haunting. Word for word... All me

Im right there with you on Better Dayz, she read my fucking life with that whole song (same with You, Special, Lonely & Come back to me) for me she is the queen of this.

Excluding Janet:

Antony & The Johnson's "Bird Gehrl," "Another World."

Erykah Badu's "Didn't 'Cha Know."

Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide."

Grouper's "Invisible."

Madonna's "Mer Girl," "X-Static Process."

Mariah Carey's "Looking In."

Radiohead's "How to Disappear Completely."

Sia's "Breathe Me," "Lullaby."

The Smiths' "Asleep."

• Upvote 1