Within 24 hrs of announcing a new Spice Girls Tour, Posh pulls out

jarrylf

VICTORIA Beckham won't be joining the Spice Girls on tour in 2014.

The 38-year-old singer-turned-fashion designer was rumoured to be jumping back into the girl group with former bandmates Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and Melanie Chisholm.

The pop stars are believed to be in talks for a series of shows in Australia next year.

But a spokesperson for Posh has dismissed the claims, insisting the mother-of-four is simply too busy with her family and budding fashion career.

"Victoria has no plans to tour with the Spice Girls in 2014. Her future focus concerns her family and fashion business," her representative told UK newspaper The Sun. According to the publication, the rest of the girls are still considering concerts in Oz.

The story follows on the heels of reports Victoria has decided to move back to the UK from Los Angeles after "renewing" her friendship with Emma and Mel C.

Victoria and her family relocated from the US at the end of last year, after soccer star David Beckham left the Los Angeles Galaxy.

He has signed a deal with French team Paris Saint-Germain and will be based in Paris, with Vic and the kids living in London and visiting whenever they can.

Victoria, Emma and Mel are said to have reconnected since the Spice Girls performed at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Having a support network in the women reportedly offered Victoria much incentive to leave America.

"Her renewed friendship with the girls has played a massive part in her move home," a source told Heat magazine last month.

- See more at: http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/victoria-beckham-drops-out-of-spice-girls-2014-australia-tour/story-e6frg30c-1226587796618#sthash.5r1a7UJq.fAxovXLd.dpuf

DAMN IT!!! Ironic tho.....ever since Geri left I always said if Victoria were the 1 to leave it would've made less of a difference (I LOVE her, I love her more than Baby & Ginger, but all 4 had more of a pressence & personality than she did, like I always felt that way) so I hope it works out fine, BUT most of all I hope she reconsiders, word on the street also is that the 5 of them recorded enough for a whole album lately but no word on if & when that'll see the light of day.

was talking about it to a friend and we both said she should do it...one last time. It'd be one big thing to do before she hits 40 and it would cement the iconic status of Posh Spice :wub:. Plus all the fans would hate her if she didn't :(

• Upvote 1

Escapade :o! DC wouldn't be DC without Michelle 'fucking up the groove' :whistle:. There's no Spice Girls without Posh :( - she's the one to look at and feel insecure about yourself.

I know -_- But if there were any other girls in the group pulling out I would be devastated. I just agree with JarryIf LOL

Yea ever since their 1st reunion 6yrs ago she's kinda always joked about it like I remember her specifically saying "I didn't have much of a character I just wore cute skirts & looked mad" lol. Tho Mel C has always been the real holdout member

I will be awfully sad if by 2016 (their 21st year as a group) theres NO new album, Im DYING for an album with all 5 again. I can be content without it, but I'd be let down, pretty damn let down to be honest. The Forever album is nowhere near good enough to be their last full length album. (same way Discipline is in no way good enough to be Janet's last album if she ever quit the business like tomorrow, God forbid).

Hell in general I'm all the way with Mel B, there should've never been an official breakup, just breaks.

As the women have grown older it's obviously Posh who has realised more than any of them that she has no business being a pop star. They were good while they lasted. I don't really need anything else from them.

True :lol:.She knows she's ridiculed for having the weakest voice and not being the best dancer. Fashion is her calling and she's doing so well in it. I feel like Geri is the one that wants this to happen the most. She comes across as the fame-whore type. Well bitch you shouldn't have left and ruined what was great <_<

True :lol:.She knows she's ridiculed for having the weakest voice and not being the best dancer. Fashion is her calling and she's doing so well in it. I feel like Geri is the one that wants this to happen the most. She comes across as the fame-whore type. Well bitch you shouldn't have left and ruined what was great <_<

But she's better than Geri at both of those lol And her voice has more range than Emma & Geri, I always thoght Geri was the most off beat and out of rhythm, and the explination for that is Geri's the only 1 who didnt take dance lessons as a kid.

And yes it's mostly Geri pushing it, but hey, she desserves to feel guilty, had she not left in the 1st place there would probably be no need for a reunion anything lol.

At this point, there should not be a Spice Girls tour without all five girls participating.

When it was 4 of them, I still loved them, but it wasn't the same...it was a little heart breaking. I must see them live at least once in my life!!

• Upvote 1

But she's better than Geri at both of those lol And her voice has more range than Emma & Geri, I always thoght Geri was the most off beat and out of rhythm, and the explination for that is Geri's the only 1 who didnt take dance lessons as a kid.

And yes it's mostly Geri pushing it, but hey, she desserves to feel guilty, had she not left in the 1st place there would probably be no need for a reunion anything lol.

I have to admit - I always wondered why people slated her. Yes her voice is not powerhouse diva-like but she can hold a decent enough tune.

Geri is soooooooo annoying yet I can't help but like her. She's like the aunt that you love so much but are embarrassed to be around at a family event lol.

I have to admit - I always wondered why people slated her. Yes her voice is not powerhouse diva-like but she can hold a decent enough tune.

Geri is soooooooo annoying yet I can't help but like her. She's like the aunt that you love so much but are embarrassed to be around at a family event lol.

YES & YES, Victoria still has my fave solo album of all of them (well kind of a tie with MelB's LA State of mind). Yea she Mel B & Mel C are the only ones who can do high & low notes, Geri & Ema are kinda stuck in their voices, which is ok, it works

OMG LOL SO TRUE, and the aunt thing is perfect, but she fits, and that her niche, and they were lacking without her, and like what she lacks in talent she MORE than makes up for in personality & presence...you won't forget her, and that was the problem back in 2000, Victoria was always (for me anyway) "& Posh"...hell she's the only 1 with a 1 syllable name LOL, Damn I love those girls tho, they betta get it together.