Janet makes Billboards "20 Hit song's meant for other artist"

jarrylf

.How Will I know - Whitney Houston's No. 1 hit on the Hot 100 stands as one of the artist's most iconic tracks -- but it could have sounded a lot different with Janet Jackson at the helm. Songwriters George Merrill and Shannon Rubicam reportedly approached Janet's management team with a demo, but a swift decline forced them to look elsewhere. Thanks in large part to Clive Davis, Houston was given the track and turned it into a behemoth.

.I'm A Slave 4 You - The Neptunes' slinky pop track was almost given a completely different context: instead of becoming the sexually charged lead single of her more adult "Britney" album, "I'm A Slave 4 U" almost ended up as a game-changing single for Janet Jackson, who passed on the opportunity to record the song. That's right: if Janet opted to take on "Slave," maybe Britney NEVER dances with a python on the VMAs stage!

Great article, didn't know alot of these were meant for anyone else let alone who they were meant for

http://www.billboard...r-other-singers