Halle, Janet, Minaj, Willow Among NAACP Image Awards Noms

SloLove

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so out of that list honestly who do you think best deserves it? because the only other movie i saw from the list was just wright...and queen latifah did a great job as usual...but it was a role she's played before...it only showed one side to her...i cant speak on the others because i havent seen them

I would say Halle...even tho I havent seen it...(dont even know if it released) :unsure: but the critics were ranting and raving over this movie w/ her...and from the looks of it does seems like she was acting her ass off..

Janet is in a catergory with bonafided actresses so the comp is stiff...what makes ya'll believe this is just gonna be a breeze for her?

I would say Halle...even tho I havent seen it...(dont even know if it released) :unsure: but the critics were ranting and raving over this movie w/ her...and from the looks of it does seems like she was acting her ass off..

Janet is in a catergory with bonafided actresses so the comp is stiff...what makes ya'll believe this is just gonna be a breeze for her?

I gotta go with Slolove on this one cause the NAACP love them some Janet...Likke Queen Game said, is Janet RSVPs, she'll win. :coffee:

Then with all the MJ drama and the fact that it happenned while she was shooting the movie gives her the sympathy vote.

im saying janet because it was a side of her the world hasnt seen...halle has done a similar role (gothika)and everyone knows she can act...but janet's acting was a surprise (not to us stans) but to the rest of the world

I think Halle's movie doesn't come out till February..I don't know who's seen it besides some critics, but she's getting positive reviews. Halle is more respected as an actress than Janet, but her track record has waned since Monsters Ball..I'm thinking Janet is gonna win this one though.

Halle is really close to score an Oscar nod (she's getting lots of buzz but probably won't get there) so i don't think Janet is winning this

And the fact that Halle produced Frank & Alice is not going to help Janet at all

I think Halle's movie doesn't come out till February..I don't know who's seen it besides some critics, but she's getting positive reviews. Halle is more respected as an actress than Janet, but her track record has waned since Monsters Ball..I'm thinking Janet is gonna win this one though.

exactly. and not to hate but if u really pay attention to halle she not that good of an actress :coffee:

Halle is really close to score an Oscar nod (she's getting lots of buzz but probably won't get there) so i don't think Janet is winning this

And the fact that Halle produced Frank & Alice is not going to help Janet at all

This exactly what Im trying to explain to them ...

I think Halle has this in the bag

I don't think she's scoring an Oscar nod. The Best Actress race is full this year. It's a matter of who's getting in than who's getting left out. Sadly, Halle is gonna get left out..and plus her movie doesn't come out until february(I believe).

That may help her as well, but I'm pulling for Janet to take this.

I don't think she's scoring an Oscar nod. The Best Actress race is full this year. It's a matter of who's getting in than who's getting left out. Sadly, Halle is gonna get left out..and plus her movie doesn't come out until february(I believe).

That may help her as well, but I'm pulling for Janet to take this.

true but she is/ was getting some Buzz. I don't believe that Halle is going to get the nod exactly because of that. She's the weakest link

Unless The Academy pulls a Color Purple yet again and just tries to fight the hype , Natalie is winning that race.

we'll see ... it's odd how none of the other girls from CG got a nod though.

that has absoulutely nothing to with her winning this award...this is for outstanding actress...not outstanding actress and what else you contributed to the movie

and oscars' and NAACP are 2 different award shows like black and white...i mean we all have our opinions...but im def rooting for janet and not just because im a stan...its really because of the great job she did

that has absoulutely nothing to with her winning this award...this is for outstanding actress...not outstanding actress and what else you contributed to the movie

and oscars' and NAACP are 2 different award shows like black and white...i mean we all have our opinions...but im def rooting for janet and not just because im a stan...its really because of the great job she did

yeah ... on paper it sure is

like we didn't know that by now ... The point is, none of us knows what they are going to use as standard to vote but if we go by what's happening Berry has a bigger chance that's all. Everyone here is rooting for Janet to get this , nobody is rooting against her

true but she is/ was getting some Buzz. I don't believe that Halle is going to get the nod exactly because of that. She's the weakest link

Unless The Academy pulls a Color Purple yet again and just tries to fight the hype , Natalie is winning that race.

we'll see ... it's odd how none of the other girls from CG got a nod though.

Yeah, she got buzz and even a GG nom..I don't think she got a SAG nomination though..

Natalie is gonna win..She has to win..Her performance was nothing short of brilliant. Especially the last dance sequence.. :wub::wub:

Yeah, we will see..what I'm really trying to say is that I won't be surprised if Halle wins over Janhova because she is more of an respected actress..it's weird she getting hype from a movie that doesn't even come out till February. LOL.

like we didn't know that by now ... The point is, none of us knows what they are going to use as standard to vote but if we go by what's happening Berry has a bigger chance that's all. Everyone here is rooting for Janet to get this , nobody is rooting against her

exactly

lol i didnt say you guys were...but i just dont understand why you guys are thinking halle is gonna win over janet just becasue people are talking oscar buzz...try to keep the 2 seperated guys

I guess Im thinkin moreso that the "politically correct" person to win would be Halle ..You know how the world operates sometimes..like "How DARE they not give the award to the Oscar winning actress over a singer" ..That type of bullshit. Thats the ONLY reason I think Halle may have it..if thats the unfair standard

lol i didnt say you guys were...but i just dont understand why you guys are thinking halle is gonna win over janet just becasue people are talking oscar buzz...try to keep the 2 seperated guys

i see what you mean and i know that they are two different things but it really is going to depend on who is voting . Let's wait and see what happens :lol:

I guess Im thinkin moreso that the "politically correct" person to win would be Halle ..You know how the world operates sometimes..like "How DARE they not give the award to the Oscar winning actress over a singer" ..That type of bullshit. Thats the ONLY reason I think Halle may have it..if thats the unfair standard

lol i see your point

i see what you mean and i know that they are two different things but it really is going to depend on who is voting . Let's wait and see what happens :lol:

halle robbed janet of dorthy...she will not get this damn NAACP...lol

There's no guarantee that Janet is going to win for this role. Halle's being an Oscar winner has no bearing on the deciding votes. If we even the playing field, Janet has the NAACP Image Awards' highest honor. Has Halle gotten any acclaim or praise for whatever role she's nominated for? If my memory serves me correctly, the critics read WDIGMT to filth, but they loved Janet's performance in the film. Only time will tell if Janet wins. I think she has a good chance of winning, but nothing is "in the bag" per se.

all those promo pics and twenty foreplay video :wtf: halle got in and started producing...she robbed janet...but janet was classy and congratulated her.

Yes, Janet was just channeling Dorthy for that video...and the whole Design Of A Decade era,really(which was just a reinvention as she's known for doin back then for each era anyway)..but Janet was not moving fast enough. And to make matters worse..Janet was well aware of Halle,Vanessa Williams and others wanting to bring the the story of Dorthy to life because Janets ppl were informing her that such and such is tryna get rights to the Dorthy story..blah blah blah. So Halle didnt actually take it ..she was just more PROACTIV than Janet. They aLL were tryna get the RIGHTS to produce a movie and Halle went far beyond what others did (inlcuding Janet) and thats why we saw Halle playing Dorthy and not Janet.

Archived