The verdict is out. Sassy P!nk once again has the best concert of the year...

King Baby

She even does "There You Go", "You make Me Sick" and "Most Girls"...

As Beyonce and the other lessors release lame singles, and Rihanna flutters around Fist brown's jockstrap. lol

-------------------------------------------------------

opening with The Hives, Pink launches back to the top of pop with acrobatic stunts and killer vocals.

She lost the Grammy for best pop vocal album to RCA Records labelmate Kelly Clarkson last week, but if an awards show should ever give out a trophy for best use of acrobatics in a pop concert, Pink surely would come out on top. Or at least so it seemed Saturday night at Staples Center, the third stop on her The Truth About Love tour.

our editor recommends

pink_power_of_pink_performance_a_l.jpg

Pink Rocks Cancer Benefit in Los Angelesicon_red_darrow.png

pink-truth-cd-cover-p.jpg

Pink Earns First No. 1 Album On Billboard 200 Chart icon_red_darrow.png

Using acrobatics isn't something new for Pink. She did on her 2009 Funhouse tour, and showcased it on TV with a breathtaking performance of "Glitter in the Air" at the 2010 Grammys. Yet on this trek, Pink has perfected the presentation with a show that was so entertaining, it just might be the biggest spectacle in pop, especially now that Lady Gaga is sidelined with a bum hip.

After an intro from the MC that set the stage with the singer as a contestant on "The Truth About Love" game show, Pink and company emerged with the star suspended high above the stage by three muscular male dancers, singing "Raise Your Glass" as she was being slingshotted back into the air with a bungee-like contraption. Aside from the acrobatics, there was an elaborate stage with five video-screens directly above it (including a massive heart-shaped screen in the middle) plus one more on each side, staircases and light posts, a crew of dancers, a five-piece band, two backup singers, numerous costume changes and a master of ceremonies who wasn't particularly entertaining or funny but gave Pink a breather between her more strenuous numbers.

On the chance that such high performance would alienate her fans, Pink dedicated "Leave Me Alone" to the terrible dancers in the crowd, while a "dork-o-meter" was displayed on the video-screens. To change things up, she began her 2002 hit "Just a Pill" on the floor, showing off her bare midriff and killer abs that rival those of fellow pop star and recent mom Gwen Stefani. During that song, she was literally tossed around the stage by a male dancer. There was so much action onstage during the first six songs, it was a welcome relief when she broke into a cover of Chris Isaak's '90s hit "Wicked Game" at the mic alone at center stage. But it didn't last long, as she soon was molested by three male dancers throughout the rest of the song.

Such a physically demanding performance is bound to raise questions about whether Pink is singing live, which she appeared to be doing, assisted by her backing vocalists and perhaps some recorded tracks. Whatever the case, she eventually let the theatrics take a backseat to her voice. She sang "Just Give Me A Reason," her duet with Nate Ruess, fairly free of distractions, save for the fun. frontman chiming in with his parts through the magic of video. Later, she got even more intimate with "Family Portrait," her heart-wrenching tale of growing up in a broken home, accompanied only by pianist Jason Chapman as her family photos flashed on the video-screen. She took a similar approach to "Who Knew," swapping out the piano for the accompaniment of Justin Derrico's acoustic guitar. These moments proved that she still is one of pop's most powerful vocalists.

When Pink cranked things up again with her aggressive sexual table-turner "Slut Like You" and recent hit "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)," it was beginning to seem like just another pop show with song-and-dance routines, but she pulled out all the stops with the encore of "So What." Dressed in a gold bodysuit and strapped into a harness, she flew over the crowd several times, taking brief stops on perches set up on each side of the area. The stunt was so mind-blowing that most of the crowd attempted to capture it on their camera phones, while others watched in amazement. That was a more than adequate showstopper, but Pink opted to end the set with a gentler comedown: "Glitter in the Air." As in her famed Grammy performance, Pink again was in the air, but for a calmer and more beautiful performance that had her spinning gracefully as she sang.

Swedish rockers The Hives opened the show with a thoroughly entertaining but short set. The quintet, fronted by Howlin' Pelle Almqvist, sported tuxes and tails but no extra theatrics. Instead, they relied on their tight-fisted garage rock, Almqvist's entertaining stage patter, Daltrey-esque microphone swinging and guitarist Nicholaus Arson's Townshend-like leaps. Back in 2002, the band seemed primed for success, along with The White Stripes, with the single "Hate to Say I Told You So." On Saturday night, they once again proved they should be stars.

Setlist:

Raise Your Glass

Walk of Shame

Just Like a Pill

U + Ur Hand

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Try

Wicked Game

Just Give Me A Reason

Trouble

Are We All We Are

How Come You're Not Here

Sober

Family Portrait

Who Knew

F**kin' Perfect

Most Girls/There You Go/You Make Me Sick

Slut Like You

Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Encore:

So What

Glitter in the AirO

I really think that pink is as close to an all round superstar that we have these days out of the younger girls. Beyonce is too one dimensional. Rihanna regurgitates what she's given. Gaga remains to be seen.

Pink is just amazing. Her singles never disappoint me

The album sales, singles success, airplay, and monster tour grosses are enough credit! She is killing it and doesn't need a title or overblown promotion to get it. ;)

lmao what was that about? I actually was not tryna diss her. I was saying its too bad the common person isnt aware of all the things you ppl claim,maybe if they were she would be a lil closer to iconic status like you all so badly wanna crown her with. You CANT be a queen if no one knows about it. Okay now THAT was a semi diss... :lol: :lol: but Im just sayin

lmao what was that about? I actually was not tryna diss her. I was saying its too bad the common person isnt aware of all the things you ppl claim,maybe if they were she would be a lil closer to iconic status like you all so badly wanna crown her with. You CANT be a queen if no one knows about it. Okay now THAT was a semi diss... :lol: :lol: but Im just sayin

P!nk just get more successful every time she comes out. Your faces just lose a little more of their shine evrytime they come out. P!nk hasn't even reached the highpoint of her career yet. Your favs have and rely on gimicks to stay relevant :w00t:

P!nk just get more successful every time she comes out. Your faces just lose a little more of their shine evrytime they come out. P!nk hasn't even reached the highpoint of her career yet. Your favs have and rely on gimicks to stay relevant :w00t:

My favs are Justin and Janet...gimmicks? And those would be? It doesnt change the fact that no one talks about P!nk...yall act like its not a fact. She can be "successful" all day but why isnt she being acknowledged ? Thats a question not a diss.

Pink hasnt reached the highpoint of her career? Musically she certainly already has 12 years ago with M!ssundaztood ...she wont top that ever,we're in a new climate. Now tourwise she can reach higherpoints.I really dont see where else she can have the "highpoint of her career"

The common person doesn't care about chart positions and ticket sales, the ones who do are hardcore chart fans and stans of artists. If you ask 10 people on the street to name 5 #1 radio hits or Hot 100 #1s from last year, they wouldn't know.

The common person doesn't care about chart positions and ticket sales, the ones who do are hardcore chart fans and stans of artists. If you ask 10 people on the street to name 5 #1 radio hits or Hot 100 #1s from last year, they wouldn't know.

You're missing my point. Her not being acknowledged is a disservice to her overall legacy. All I was saying is that its ashame she doesnt get the credit as the other head honchos. If she's the best performer of this generation...why doesnt the common person know that? A common mofo will say Beyonce has that crown even without seeing a Beyonce show becuz its been forcefed to us to believe that Beyonce is the end to all performers of this generation.Im not dissing P!nK ..im saying its unfortunate .

You're missing my point. Her not being acknowledged is a disservice to her overall legacy. All I was saying is that its ashame she doesnt get the credit as the other head honchos. If she's the best performer of this generation...why doesnt the common person know that? A common mofo will say Beyonce has that crown even without seeing a Beyonce show becuz its been forcefed to us to believe that Beyonce is the end to all performers of this generation.Im not dissing P!nK ..im saying its unfortunate .

After P!nk did "Glitter in the Air" at the same grammys Beyonce performed at, Oprah asked P!nk to be on the show and talk about the performance. Have 3 seats.

After P!nk did "Glitter in the Air" at the same grammys Beyonce performed at, Oprah asked P!nk to be on the show and talk about the performance. Have 3 seats.

WOwwwwwwww. She finally got praised for one performance out of her 14 year career. :mellow::blink: Is that all you think your fav derserves? You just downgraded her with that one example..Nuk. Besides since youre never here Game and I just discussed this not too long ago. She deserves more than that but apparently you sadly dont think so. Im stanning more than you are right now and im not even a fan :lmao:

Until P!nk shuts down an award show :coffee: