The Janet Jackson Accomplishments Thread

Mr. Wonder

Vibe: 100 Essential Albums of the 20th Century

566b7a191df840ea55a2c9cf3bcd49676d9a8bd5.png

Control, Janet Jackson (A&M, 1986) Michael's little sister (:sigh:) demands respect, draws her boundaries, and kicks some nasty butt. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis provide beats as decisive as her lyrics - bringing a new range, power, and grace.

http://books.google.com/books?id=YCgEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA155&dq=Vibe%20%22100%20Essential%20Albums%22&pg=PA157#v=onepage&q&f=false

:sigh: @ VH1 :sigh:

It truly is considering the impact they all had. :umm:

:lmao: :lmao: Hell I would have taken something really corny over that. :umm:

They know that all the artists (and some before Janet) after Janet have been following the highways, streets, backroads, etc... that Janet's collection created :umm:

Exactly...they need to get it correct next time :umm:

:sigh: @ VH1 :sigh: They know that all the artists (and some before Janet) after Janet has been following the highways, streets, backroads, etc... that Janet's collection created :umm:

Exactly...they need to get it correct next time :umm:

KII! :lmao: I don't know why these ppl won't give her her credit. I'd hate for her to have to die to get it. :sigh:-_-

Well at least VH1 finally got it right with the #2 spot (I would say #1, but that's debatable).

wendy-williams-i-can-t220.gif @ the other ones

You and me both. It would be a massive shame for that to happen.

I know Janet has ranked higher on other lists, but I just can't think of them all right now. >_<

Guardian (UK) - 1000 Albums to Hear Before You Die (2007)

janet-jackson-control.jpg

Janet Jackson Control (1987)

Any album that coins the catchphrase "It's Miss Janet if you're nasty", is surely a classic. As a bonus, Control is both the apex of producers Jam & Lewis's irresistible club aesthetic and a fierce, no-nonsense statement of arrival from Miss Janet herself.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2007/nov/20/1000tohearbeforeyoudie2