Janet Jackson: The BILLION dollar entertainer

ThatOtherFan

And that's all that matters at the end of the day. I didn't run around saying Janet was a billionaire. I didn't look stupid after Forbes published their article. Can the rest of you say the same?

I don't look stupid, because I never claimed Janet was billionaire. Go back and look at everything I've said, even my tweets. I simply supported positive PR. :good:

But ya did Blanche, ya did :rolleyes:

And no, I'm not diggin up no receipts. My receipts are my memory and your sordid character :coffee:

No receipts, it didn't happen! :w00t: lol

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00060598.html#ixzz2UGXpM4d5

Janet Jackson Responds to Argument Whether or Not She's a Billionaire

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00060598.html#ixzz2UGcRucb6

Reports swirling on the web suggest Janet Jackson is a billionaire after Variety calls her a "billion-dollar entertainer." Forbes' Dorothy Pomerantz, however, says that though Janet's works raked in $1 billion during her entire career so far, it didn't automatically put her in the billionaire club.

Janet is estimated to have made $81 million in music and book publishing, $260 million in album sales, $458 million in concert tour, $60 million in sponsorships, $21.5 million in licensing, and $304 million in acting gigs. However, "net worth is based on the value of the cash and assets you have at the moment, not on how much your work has brought in over a lifetime," Dorothy argues.

The sister of late King of Pop Michael Jackson sent her representative to issue a response to the dispute. "What Variety had, to the best of my knowledge, is all correct," her rep told LA Times' Ministry of Gossip. "As to whether she is or isn't a billionaire, that's not information that has been or would be imparted to me."

"She's an exceedingly bright business person in all forms of life, including entertainment," the publicist continued. "There's people whose money goes and people whose money grows, and she's very astute with her finances."

-----------------------------------------------------

When I tell you she's brilliant at spin/pr.... I just... :clapping:

And that's all that matters at the end of the day. I didn't run around saying Janet was a billionaire. I didn't look stupid after Forbes published their article. Can the rest of you say the same?

I can because it was obvious she isn't. However technically if her husband is, then she is.

Why do ppl pay attention to what Forbes says? They know as much as we do nothing else. Sharapova blasted them last year (i think) saying that they are clueless about what they post. I'm surprised other celebs haven't said a thing about their misleading lists.

Exactly... you cared more about being right. No one said you had to run around supporting it or claiming Janet is a billionaire.

It's like I said, WE knew the other media outlets were misleading (again, NOT Variety, because what they said clear, she has generated over billion dollars during her career... which is not uncommon information to be circulated concerning the careers of major celebrities). However, WE didn't have to be the first ones calling it out or actively trying to disprove it, simply because we want to be right.

Forbes hasn't clocked Beyonce (as far as I'm aware). The stories concerning her and Jay-z circulated the blogs, but it didn't garner major press like the Janet and Madonna "billionaire" articles did. Also, you didn't have her own fans trying to discredit it. Even those that realized it wasn't entirely true. They supported the positive PR, not nitpick it in effort be right.

Madonna fans attacked the Forbes guy when he said she wasn't a real billionaire. With both articles you can clearly see that it's their gross not their net pay...