Monica works on new album with JD

SloLove

Ugh, at this point hearin JD's name for producing seems so dated and just clich'e . You would think Monica would want some NEW energy and not the signature sounding JD beats that are so identical and rather tired might I add.

And the record won't go anywhere becuz she's lazy ass fuck .The laziest artist I've ever seen. She will record an album, put it out and then go back home to sleep and is only awakened when its time to shoot a video...then she's back to sleep lol..she relies too much on her videos to sell a record...she hardly does footwork,ever. At least Brandy was hustling this time around.

• Upvote 1

Ugh, at this point hearin JD's name for producing seems so dated and just clich'e . You would think Monica would want some NEW energy and not the signature sounding JD beats that are so identical and rather tired might I add.

And the record won't go anywhere becuz she's lazy af and it the most non promoting artist I've ever seen. She records an album, put it out and then back home to sleep and is only awakened when its time to shoot a video...then she's back to sleep lol..he relies too much on her videos to sell a record...she hardly does footwork,ever. At least Brandy was hustling this time around

This!

There is absolutely NO growth between her last few albums tbh. The reason Still Standing was good was because of it's lyrical content and theme. The ones sandwiching it just lack direction and sound to samey/filler. At this point she's just singing any song that people throw at her and it's not working. There's so many great producers out there and I'm sure she has the label support to use them. Why she doesn't I just don't know.

This!

There is absolutely NO growth between her last few albums tbh. The reason Still Standing was good was because of it's lyrical content and theme. The ones sandwiching it just lack direction and sound to samey/filler. At this point she's just singing any song that people throw at her and it's not working. There's so many great producers out there and I'm sure she has the label support to use them. Why she doesn't I just don't know.

The reason why is becuz Monica truly treats her job like its a 9-5 .. she's not that invested in her projects and I truly believe that has even further more made her a forgettable act this past decade. Still Standing definitely was a step in the right direction. She seemed committed and hungry again..but I think her family life is so much more significant to her...once the clock strikes 5pm..she's grabbing her purse and heading home. If she was on my label, I would drop her... I don't even really see how she could possibly be an asset to a label...

The reason why is becuz Monica truly treats her job like its a 9-5 .. she's not that invested in her projects and I truly believe that has even further more made her a forgettable act this past decade. Still Standing definitely was a step in the right direction. She seemed committed and hungry again..but I think her family life is so much more significant to her...once the clock strikes 5pm..she's grabbing her purse and heading home. If she was on my label, I would drop her... I don't even really see how she could possibly be an asset to a label...

Basically.

I wish she'd take more risks. She's going to be even lazier with baby 3 coming... I'm happy she has a family though and she's obviously happy. I just wish she'd done more. Maybe when they're older she can concentrate more like Brandy this era.

0MrcaZC.gif

Here comes Game...

:lmao:!

I should clarify what I meant before he reminds us of her sales :lol:

By that I meant that she promoted quite a bit (all be it late and on the wrong platforms) a lot instead of doing a Monica and doing 1 or 2 appearances and then go back to sitting down watching hubby play ball.