Health, Food, and Fitness Thread

EphraimAdamz

So this morning I'm eating oatmeal and a caramel latte lite from Dunkin. This latte is only 80 calories but it taste like it's loaded with sugar. I want to try flax seed with my oatmeal but I'm too broke to buy it =(

I'm gonna go 4mph on the treadmill today. Idk what I'm having for dinner or lunch yet.

So this morning I'm eating oatmeal and a caramel latte lite from Dunkin. This latte is only 80 calories but it taste like it's loaded with sugar. I want to try flax seed with my oatmeal but I'm too broke to buy it =(

I'm gonna go 4mph on the treadmill today. Idk what I'm having for dinner or lunch yet.

:thumbdown:

what is a healthy calorie intake per day?

there is a lady I know who is a horse trainer. She is short and she got kinda chunky. She started watching her calories and she was only doing 800 per day. She lost a lot of weight but Im not sure if 800 is enough for the average person

I think it's supposed be be like 1200 or something. I'm not sure!

I hear theres loads of sugar in them tbh - which your body doesn't need as it gets it's natural amount from normal foods. Personally I'd get protein powder and mix it with water , milk or a smoothie or something.

But then I'm out of shape so what do i know :lol:.

Yeah I did get the powder to mix with water - tried it out today and was left with a big calorie deficit and really wasn't hungry. I don't need to lose more weight, just get that lean muscle working. I'm a horrible cook and I don't get enough meat and fish (no jokes please lol) so I'm lacking the protein. I might try blending it with fruit or something to get the cals up.

You look fine lol that pic where you suited up was gorge - you looked fine when I met you too. :)

Congrats Selzy!!!! Saw your pics on FB!!!!

Awww thanks darlin :blush: Congrats to you too! ^_^

what is a healthy calorie intake per day?

there is a lady I know who is a horse trainer. She is short and she got kinda chunky. She started watching her calories and she was only doing 800 per day. She lost a lot of weight but Im not sure if 800 is enough for the average person

Depends on your daily activity level. Personally I had to say sedentary because although I have days at work where I'm up and down the corridors and stairs all day I never know when they are, so I have to assume I'll be sat at my desk for most of it. So MyFitnessPal started me off with 1360 cals, dropped to 1300 and then 1260 as I lost weight. I reached my goal and it dropped me to 1200. Stupid :lol:

Yeah I did get the powder to mix with water - tried it out today and was left with a big calorie deficit and really wasn't hungry. I don't need to lose more weight, just get that lean muscle working. I'm a horrible cook and I don't get enough meat and fish (no jokes please lol) so I'm lacking the protein. I might try blending it with fruit or something to get the cals up.

You look fine lol that pic where you suited up was gorge - you looked fine when I met you too. :)

Oooo you could blend it with fruit for sure! I bought Spirulina and Baobao Fruit powder and they smell DISGUSTING. But I put them in a blender with fruit and whizzed it up - couldn't taste or smell it but I felt the effects.

Haha thank you! I need to tone up more than anything. I'm at an ideal weight but look horrible.

Um excuse me, but I haven't seen many posts in any of the health conscious threads for quite some time now?

I take it everyone's body must be looking real good right now.

Yea I'm talking to you, you're busted!

Even JoeJoe is getting laid so surely he must have a six pack? :unsure:

Everyone was so motivated a year ago, what happened?

Now get to it!

Any time there's a food thread, folks are discussing fast food...so I don't get involved, because I don't eat that. My eating habits have always been different from everyone's here.

I am a lactose intolerant vegetarian, so there's no meat, seafood, and very little dairy in my diet (milk is found in A LOT of products). For protein, I eat soy based meat substitute products (MorningStar, soya chunks), beans, and vegetables. For dairy, I use almond milk, non-lactose cheese, and soy based products .

I drink LOADS of water and low sugar drinks. Diabetes is a big risk in my family, so I stopped drinking soda and artificial juices years ago. I love my fresh smoothies, juicing, and coconut water. Too much sugar causes inflammation and I don't need that!!

The less salt, the better. Too much salt makes me sick and nauseous.

I do cardio for my work out, which mostly consists of walking, dancing, swimming, and yoga. I will be returning to kung fu and pick up kickboxing too.

Health isn't just regulated to the body. It's your entire life. Stress and bad habits can affect you spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, sexually, and financially. They are all tied together. I never make any excuses because my health is my number one priority...I believe health and happiness are the same thing. How I treat my mind, body, heart, soul, and spirit is how it will treat me.

I LOVE to eat Indian, Italian, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Thai, and Mexican dishes. I've gotten tired of Caribbean food. I would like to explore more Latin, Japanese, and African dishes.

• Upvote 1

I stopped randomly drinking cow milk years ago - I can tolerate it in tea/coffee but on its own or in cereal it's evil. I take almond milk with cereal too. It has a good taste. I often drink it when I get home from dancing as I don't want to eat that late but it's like a food. :)

Bananas hate me. White rice isn't keen on me either. I LOVE avocado.

• Upvote 1

I stopped randomly drinking cow milk years ago - I can tolerate it in tea/coffee but on its own or in cereal it's evil. I take almond milk with cereal too. It has a good taste. I often drink it when I get home from dancing as I don't want to eat that late but it's like a food. :)

I can drink almond milk on it's own....something I could never do with cow's milk. I love bananas, I'd rather have brown rice, yellow rice, fried rice, or quinoa over white rice, and avocado has become an ingredient in almost every meal of mine since last year. :)

• Upvote 2

I hated almond or any of these health milks at first. So I used to mix it in with cows milk to wean myself on top it. Eventually I stopped with the cows milk and had either almond milk or oat milk. Do I notice a difference? Well my gut doesn't feel as if it's working as much. I must have had a mild form of lactose intolerance because cows milk would make me bloat.

I use lactaid milk lol. I tried vanilla almond milk and it was gross.

I went to the gym everyday last week except for Thursday! So far I've been eating very healthy, except friday night we went bowling and I had buffalo wings, but I'm trying to look at this as a lifestyle. Sure I'm going to be eating healthy but realistically I can't tell myself that I'm never going to eat stuff like buffalo wings and pizza ever again, just in moderation.

• Upvote 1

Moderation and balance...very good.

I'm going to start making my own pizza with lactose free cheese, whole wheat dough, and tomato sauce. For toppings I'll probably have tofu, soy chunks, jalapenos, and mushrooms. :)

Another weakness of mine is tamarind ANYTHING! :)

Lord tamarind. I just love mamas homemade tamrind sauce. This is probably a weak excuse but I struggle eating healthily on account of my native cuisine. Indian food can be very greasy and high in calories. I need to learn how to make healthier versions of those foods.

Luckily my exercise is on point. I walk every day and I've started doing stuff like squats on the spot. Also my Wii Fit has been dusted off and I do that for an hour every night. In addition I have re-joined the gym.

I kind of hear that - my flatmate cooked goat curry again on Sunday and the smell gets right through the flat and lingers for days. I didn't have any but it smells so good!

My standard salad now consists of oily fish like mackerel or sardines, avocado, black olive slices, cucumber, tomatoes and salad greens. It doesn't sound like much but it's really tasty. :)

OMG milk has been giving me problems recently

2 weeks ago I bought some cereal and Nesquik. I hadn't eaten cereal in a couple years nor have I had chocolate milk in years as well. Well when I had both 2 weeks ago...I practically lived in the bathroom