Health, Food, and Fitness Thread

EphraimAdamz

At the gym I've been doing 45 mins on the bike, 9 miles and I think on average 350 calories burned. I know it's not much but I'm a beginner LOL.

That's more than I do after 17 years :lmao: I have lower back problems though so I have to be careful what I do.

And it's especially hard to eat healthy in college because we don't have any options to make our own foods on campus. I'm always going to subway to get sandwiches and salads. I buy Lean Cuisine also. I know it's better for me than the dormitory food but it's really making me broke lol.

Subway can be healthy though, especially the turkey and ham options :)

Are bagels healthy?

nope nothing but carbs and salt and sugar depending on what kinda bagel. When I think healthy I think as close to natural as possible I mean fruits and vegetables, you can buy frozen fruit and veggies and they are just as healthy. Ive been following Davey Wavey and his fitness advice look up his nutrition column

http://www.daveywaveyfitness.com/category/nutrition

That's more than I do after 17 years :lmao: I have lower back problems though so I have to be careful what I do.

Lol I always feel bad cause I feel my 45 minute workout is lazy but my friends always remind me that it's 45 minutes more than what I usually do! Also my days are extremely busy and I have one hour and 45 minutes to leave class, go to my dorm and change, walk to the gym, walk back to my dorm, shower and head straight to class.

So do you recommend it?

I ordered my flaxseed and Apple Cider Vinegar from GNC and they should be here by tomorrow. :cheer:

My sister has a bottle of apple cider vinegar and she drinks it in a small glass of water or adds it to a meal for flavor. She uses it to suppress her appetite as well.

Moderation and balance...very good.

I'm going to start making my own pizza with lactose free cheese, whole wheat dough, and tomato sauce. For toppings I'll probably have tofu, soy chunks, jalapenos, and mushrooms. :)

Another weakness of mine is tamarind ANYTHING! :)

Can't you pretty much eat anything and not worry about weight?

Can't you pretty much eat anything and not worry about weight?

Your weight depends on your diet, sleep, exercise, stress, and metabolism. Moderation is EVERYTHING, because it's not OK to eat just anything. You have to give your body the proper nutrition and rest in order for it to operate like it should.

Also I've been getting into Turkey burgers lately. They're just as good as regular burgers! I'm not really a burger person but my friends love going to this burger joint by my school so I decided to get one and it was delicious! It was expensive though! $7.59! I skipped out on the fries but the second time I came back they gave me free fries so I ate some and put the rest in my refrigerator for today. For breakfast today I had oatmeal with brown sugar, coffee and an orange. For lunch I had a bit of the left over fries just to hold me over for dinner. For dinner I had a 6 inch turkey sandwich from Subway, a banana and coffee (I love coffee). I know it's not the healthiest but it's a huge improvement from a month ago where I would be eating burgers, fries, pizza, soda, chocolate, etc. I haven't had soda since May (I think), I cut out chocolate (even though I had a fun sized dark chocolate bar with my almonds the other day), I don't even crave pizza anymore and I've been eating more fruits and finding fun ways to include them in my diet. It's really hard thought because I'm surrounded by temptation (I caved Wednesday night and had a slice of cheese pizza cause it smelled so good and all my club members were pressuring me LOL) but I try my best to go to the gym at least 4 times a week for 45 minutes and I try walking a lot more.

I've gained weight since being at home. It makes me feel sick physically and emotionally/mentally. I cannot wait to shake this illness off so I can get back to my routine. I've tried to cook light meals but the amount of salt and fat in these packet sauces is astonishing. I need to use fresher ingredients and make my own sauces and basics.

• Upvote 1

Weirdly my weight stabilizes on the protein shakes - I drink them 4 week days and weigh myself Thursday morning after I've been dancing the night before - weight is the same as last Thursday. Then I eat toast on Friday, weigh myself on Saturday and I've lost weight. It's so random. :umm:

I still don't enjoy the gym. I switched up my routine but it's not helped much. I love going to my waacking class - unfortunately I'm having to go less often because the train fare to London is too expensive to go weekly. :(

• Upvote 1

I've gained weight since being at home. It makes me feel sick physically and emotionally/mentally. I cannot wait to shake this illness off so I can get back to my routine. I've tried to cook light meals but the amount of salt and fat in these packet sauces is astonishing. I need to use fresher ingredients and make my own sauces and basics.

Do you have a Pinterest? There are tons of healthy recipes and fun ideas on there. You're so lucky you have a kitchen =(

Weirdly my weight stabilizes on the protein shakes - I drink them 4 week days and weigh myself Thursday morning after I've been dancing the night before - weight is the same as last Thursday. Then I eat toast on Friday, weigh myself on Saturday and I've lost weight. It's so random. :umm:

I still don't enjoy the gym. I switched up my routine but it's not helped much. I love going to my waacking class - unfortunately I'm having to go less often because the train fare to London is too expensive to go weekly. :(

Yeah I'm tired of going to the gym lol. I'm just gonna walk around a walking park by my school. I'm still active with less sweat LOL

I discovered quinoa about two years ago. It's nice on it's own, though I mix it with other ingredients sometimes.

I'm not a gym person, but I'll give my absolute best with a partner or personal trainer. Like I mentioned in my earlier post...cardio is my method of exercise, which includes lots of dancing, swimming, walking, and sometimes jogging.

• Upvote 1

Kale chips... the most amazing things known to mankind! lol

You'll never want a chip again! lol You can bake them or dehydrate them, they become very crispy like a "chip". I make mine homemade in my dehydrator, but you can buy them (they are expensive though like over $6 for a relatively small container, but so good).

kale_3.jpg

They may not look "appetizing" but I promise you they really are good (and you don't feel as guilty eating them as with chips lol).

I know I'm strange... don't judge me. :umm: lol