Health, Food, and Fitness Thread

EphraimAdamz

I've heard a lot about kale chips. Definitely a great alternate to store bought potato crisps which are heavy with salt and oil.

I really want a dehydrator so I can dry fruits

Get one! You'll love it! lol

I only use mine for the Kale chips at the moment, but I really want to get into making other things with it

Get one! You'll love it! lol

I only use mine for the Kale chips at the moment, but I really want to get into making other things with it

I think i will lol! I'd be eating a lot of dry fruits - not sure if that's a good thing lol

dried fruits is a great salad topping... :good: I've been bad with my diet lately

I just made a tuna salad with beans. It was really good, only problem is that I don't know the name of the dressing I used LOL.

I really need to weigh myself so I can tell ppl how much weight I lost when I start dropping pounds LOL

Officially been a month since I started eating better and working out. I haven't weighed myself yet but I feel my clothes getting a little bit looser. Hopefully I continue to drop pounds. I don't really have an ideal weight I just want to be healthy. It's still hard times like when everyone around me wants to order food, etc, but my self control is a little bit better.

• 6 months later...

I forgot all about this thread LOL! How are you all doing? So far I've lost 41 lbs since September and counting and I dropped six pants sizes. I still have 15 lbs till my goal but I'm 4'11 so I don't want to lose too much weight. Apparently at my height I should weigh around 110 lbs but I still want to keep my boobs and booty LOL.... especially the booty.

• Upvote 1

Lookin' great there, girl! :D

YAS Escapade hunty!!!!

I had shaved hair but you just plucked the strands straight on out, Momo! SLAYED

Thanks y'all! It was hard LOL. Sugar is still my main problem... and Popeyes! IDK what it is about fast food that is so addictive to me.

Thanks y'all! It was hard LOL. Sugar is still my main problem... and Popeyes! IDK what it is about fast food that is so addictive to me.

It's made to be addictive LOL. I'm actually gonna aim to give it up completely starting in May (when I really have the option). That's been the main reason I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to this year.

Snow ball effect stemming from an incident at work. Mostly to do with old issues of self loathing, which is cyclical once it takes root.

I'm tired of taking 2 steps forward and 5 steps back.

Well if self-loathing is the issue you first have to learn to be patient with yourself. Life is full of successes and failures with people who have both good and bad to them. From this one shouldn't allow themselves to only focus too hard in either direction. If all you're doing is focusing on any mistakes you might have made, gently but surely force yourself to remember your strengths. Are you really only taking a couple steps forward or does it seem that way from this current view of yourself? It's easy to get frustrated with yourself like this especially if you're a perfectionist, but even perfectionists eventually have to accept our own humanity. Even if you're right in taking only a couple steps forward, they could very well be worthwhile steps and the ones back only minor.

Every bit of growth counts. It's hard to see it day to day, but the longer you do the difference is clear.

• Upvote 1

Inspiring ^_^ great job

I'm having difficulties right now. I eat when I'm stressed or sad, and I've been both of those things a lot lately. I was doing so well too... At my weight goal only 2 weeks ago.

Same. I've been so depressed for the past two years and it has really taken a toll on my eating habits. I gained so much weight freshman year from stress eating. You just have to keep yourself busy and take your mind off of it. My escape is Netflix. I binge watch and I don't feel bad about it because it takes my mind off of the depressing thoughts that constantly plague me. Also, I try to surround myself with healthy food instead of junk. I literally force myself to crave apples and other healthy stuff. I'll be here for you if you ever need help. It's tough but you'll eventually learn how to manage it... sort of LOL. And it's also important to remember that one bad meal will not make you gain weight. You can always start over so don't get discouraged.

It's made to be addictive LOL. I'm actually gonna aim to give it up completely starting in May (when I really have the option). That's been the main reason I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to this year.

I wish I could give it up but I never realized how big of a staple it is in my diet. I put it in my coffee, tea, oatmeal, etc. It's like cocaine to me smh. Maybe one day I'll get the will power to give it up... I like challenging myself LOL

• Upvote 1

I wish I could give it up but I never realized how big of a staple it is in my diet. I put it in my coffee, tea, oatmeal, etc. It's like cocaine to me smh. Maybe one day I'll get the will power to give it up... I like challenging myself LOL

Oh! Not sugar, I meant fast food :asham: I'm actually well-behaved with my sugar intake. It's fast food that's blown me up like this. -_-

Oh! Not sugar, I meant fast food :asham: I'm actually well-behaved with my sugar intake. It's fast food that's blown me up like this. -_-

OMG fast food will be the death of me! Wendy's and Subway are my main weaknesses. Chick Fil-A too, but I don't really eat there anymore cause I don't support bigotry. But Spicy Chicken sandwiches and Wendy's are life! And that's why I hate being home because I live right across the street from Subway, Wendy's, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Sonic, etc. It's like they're purposely trying to kill me lmao.

OMG fast food will be the death of me! Wendy's and Subway are my main weaknesses. Chick Fil-A too, but I don't really eat there anymore cause I don't support bigotry. But Spicy Chicken sandwiches and Wendy's are life! And that's why I hate being home because I live right across the street from Subway, Wendy's, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Sonic, etc. It's like they're purposely trying to kill me lmao.

LOL! It's pretty much been my main option here at school. It's the closest thing to me on campus so I end up at Chik-Fil-A, too, or Quizno's almost every day. It's not healthy at all. Fast food is just evil much of the time. lol. I'm surprised I'm not over 300 pounds by now. Not like I don't feel I am anyway. That's changing this May. No more fast food for me, and more exercise.

I forgot all about this thread LOL! How are you all doing? So far I've lost 41 lbs since September and counting and I dropped six pants sizes. I still have 15 lbs till my goal but I'm 4'11 so I don't want to lose too much weight. Apparently at my height I should weigh around 110 lbs but I still want to keep my boobs and booty LOL.... especially the booty.

You're doing amazing girl! :thumbup: