'90s Survivor: 1991 - Winner Announced!

TwistedElegance™

Now if it was "Most Beautiful Girl in the World" I'd be rooting for him lol (although 1994 is gonna be a tough, competitive year >_<)

And it's too bad "Gold" never became a huge hit ~ I'd gladly trade in shaving cream for gold treasure lol

Yea I know what you mean, Im gonna have to STAN for Diamonds & Pearls if it's included, simply because it's 1 of his best to me, and Rosie Gaines just SLAYS that song with him.

Yea I know what you mean, Im gonna have to STAN for Diamonds & Pearls if it's included, simply because it's 1 of his best to me, and Rosie Gaines just SLAYS that song with him.

Yeah that's a good one too. Another I'd root for is "7" but it only peaked at its namesake position lol

Lenny Kravitz has been eliminated. -_-

JIdKh3r.jpg

Writer(s): Lenny Kravitz

Producer(s): Lenny Kravitz

Label: Virgin

Taking tenth place for 1991 is Lenny Kravitz with his blissful mid-tempo ballad, 'It Ain't Over Til It's Over'. Released as the second single from Mama Said, the song is an ode to his much-documented relationship with actress Lisa Bonet, to whom he was married when he wrote it. Musically it takes inspiration from the classic Motown sound, particularly Earth, Wind & Fire - who actually performed the horn section on the song. To date it is Kravtiz's most successful single on the Hot 100.

Songs remaining (in alphabetical order):

Black Or White - Michael Jackson

Cream - Prince & The N.P.G.

Emotions - Mariah Carey

Gonna Make You Sweat - C+C Music Factory

I Don't Wanna Cry - Mariah Carey

Love Will Never Do (Without You) - Janet Jackson

Motownphilly - Boyz II Men

Someday - Mariah Carey

Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince

Summertime

Bxz4yJ7.jpg

Writer(s): Prince

Producer(s): Prince

Label: Paisley Park/Warner Bros.

Touching down at No. 9 is Prince & The N.P.G. with their racy hit, 'Cream'. Prince confessed to writing the song whilst standing in front of the mirror, leading many to believe the lyrics are about himself rather than a woman. Lines such as "You're so cool/Everything you do is success/Make the rules/Then break them all 'cause you are the best" certainly reflect his attitude and presence in pop music at the time. The song serves as his most recent No. 1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100.

Songs remaining (in alphabetical order):

Black Or White - Michael Jackson

Emotions - Mariah Carey

Gonna Make You Sweat - C+C Music Factory

I Don't Wanna Cry - Mariah Carey

Love Will Never Do (Without You) - Janet Jackson

Motownphilly - Boyz II Men

Someday - Mariah Carey

Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince

Gonna Make You Sweat

• Upvote 1