'90s Survivor: 1991 - Winner Announced!

TwistedElegance™

It wouldn't matter...at that time I was prepared too. It was simply just a race. Now I work and can't be prepared at the time the tiebreaker occurs so yall got lucky :P

And since then, it's turned into several victories in a row for us. It ain't luck anymore, but pure skill. :P

• Upvote 2

And since then, it's turned into several victories in a row for us. It ain't luck anymore, but pure skill. :P

Mainly because I don't have the time required to stick around for some of the tie breakers that occurred :P. I still call it luck and also good game play by yall lol

'I Don't Wanna Cry' has been eliminated.

BTsJBeB.jpg

Writer(s): Mariah Carey, Narada Michael Walden

Producer(s): Narada Michael Walden

Label: CBS

Touching down in fourth place for 1991 is Mariah Carey again, this time with 'I Don't Wanna Cry'. Co-written with Narada Michael Walden, it was Mariah's first single of her career not penned with Ben Margulies. The song went on to become her fourth No. 1, making Mariah the first solo artist in history to have their first four singles reach No. 1 on the Hot 100, which helped make her debut Mariah Carey a record-breaking album, with every single released becoming a chart-topping Hot 100 success. Like 'Someday', 'I Don't Wanna Cry' did not take off around the world and was subsequently left off international pressings of her #1's compilation.

Songs remaining (in alphabetical order):

Black Or White - Michael Jackson

Emotions - Mariah Carey

Love Will Never Do (Without You) - Janet Jackson

Emotions

Emotions

This (I believe, could be wrong) is the only round where it'll be MJ vs JJ..........................................Gee I wonder who'll win, but that's besides the point, the point now is finding out which song will be #2! And Mariah was #2 last round, and she'll be #2 again (nothing agains Emotions, songwise I like it more than Black & White and it's 1 of her best dance & vocal songs, but I laid out the reasoning)

'Emotions' has been eliminated.

vZVLeVZ.jpg

Writer(s): Mariah Carey, Robert Clivilles, David Cole, Maurice White

Producer(s): Mariah Carey, Robert Clivilles, David Cole

Label: Columbia

Making it three-in-a-row for 1991 is Mariah Carey who bows out of the competition as 'Emotions' takes third spot. The disco-tinged classic served as the lead single from Mariah's sophomore set of the same name. Co-written with C+C Music Factory, the track veered slightly from the formula perfected on her debut release, however only strengthened her presence and influence by becoming Mariah's fifth consecutive No. 1 single on the Hot 100. The vocal trickery demonstrated on the track also helped make 'Emotions' Mariah's most successful international single since 'Vision Of Love'.

And with that, we have reached our final two! Remember to PM me your vote for the song/artist you want to win, not for the one you want voted out. Until tomorrow...

aCsbdve.jpgqmxsCSF.jpg

• Upvote 1

The votes are in!

In 2nd place we have...

rZZ3RY5.png

Writer(s): Michael Jackson, Bill Bottrell

Producer(s): Michael Jackson, Bill Bottrell

Label: Epic

Coming in second for 1991 is the King of Pop with his groundbreaking 'Black Or White'. No stranger to the pop, rock or rap formats, 'Black Or White' was impressive for combining all three in the one song. The track rocketed to No. 1 on the Hot 100 in only its third week on the chart, with its eye-popping video receiving a television premiere. 'Black Or White' also topped charts in over twenty countries around the world. As would become a theme of sorts throughout the decade, 'Black Or White' attracted controversy for MJ with the video's last few minutes being lambasted for its sexually suggestive and violent imagery.

Voted for by: Reyna, HollyHood, Bu, TwistedElegance

And taking the crown is...

Gyf7RL2.jpg

Writer(s): James Harris III, Terry Lewis

Producer(s): Jam & Lewis

Label: A&M

Claiming victory for the second year in a row is our Queen, Janet Jackson. 'Love Will Never Do' was Rhythm Nation's final single, becoming the set's record-breaking seventh Top 5 and Janet's fifth number one on the Hot 100. The success of the single also saw Janet become the only artist in history to produce No. 1 hits on the Hot 100 from a single album over three separate calendar years. The sexy video served as a landmark for Janet who herself admits up until then she was "covered up to here", signalling her neckline and referencing outfits worn in the RN and Control eras. Billboard's Fred Bronson reports that producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis toyed with the idea of making the song a duet, with Johnny Gill, Ralph Tresvant and even Prince listed as possibilities, hence the song's first verse being sung in a distinctive low octave. Around the world the song peaked at No. 1 in Canada, 34 in the UK and 14 in Australia.

Voted for by: Escapade, hotboy, Illi, RedSimba, Game, jarrylf

Thanks to everyone for playing! 1992 is on the way.

• Upvote 4