Beyonce was supposed to be first Black Disney Princess

SloLove

Was just watching the news and they stated the makers of Disney's "The Princess & Frog" wanted Beyoncé to be the Princess but she refused to audition, (she thought they should just give it to her because she's Beyoncé) so they gave the role to Anika...

Was just watching the news and they stated the makers of Disney's "The Princess & Frog" wanted Beyoncé to be the Princess but she refused to audition, (she thought they should just give it to her because she's Beyoncé) so they gave the role to Anika...

that would've been a hot ass mess. Beyonce turned the role down but took the role of a princess in the film "Epic" which only made $107million which is only $3million more than Frog Princess. That's what her ass gets

meanwhile Alicia keys auditioned for the role 3 times lol

smdh :lol:

I think the movie would have been more successful if Beyoncé's name was attached to it. Unfortunately it didn't get the exposure it deserved and that's sad because its a great movie.

I was actually very disappointed in the movie...the first black Disney princess and she was a frog most of the movie...not cool

• Upvote 1

I thought Princess & The Frog was good up until she turned into a frog, not to say that that ruined the movie for me like it did for alot of people, but put simply it kinda lost my interest, like I can't for the life of me remember how it ends specifically, but I remember almost every scene up until her changing into a frog

I thought Princess & The Frog was good up until she turned into a frog, not to say that that ruined the movie for me like it did for alot of people, but put simply it kinda lost my interest, like I can't for the life of me remember how it ends specifically, but I remember almost every scene up until her changing into a frog

My mum loves it tbh. Not sure why :lol:. I just found it boring. Disney hasn't done a great fairytale movie in YEARS although Tangled was cute (didn't it flop though?).

They should do Hansel & Gretel and make them mixed race :excited:.