Janet mentioned on Wendy 11/12/13

SloLove

Wendy was saying how she likes that Adele didn't sell out by being offered to be the face of some product...and how she used to respect Mariah Carey for that but now she has perfumes and nail polish...and She's glad Janet never sold out. That she makes her money just from music then she goes home

well clearly Wendy knows nothing about Janet's bra adventure that tanked (thank GOD)... or Janet's acting :umm:

Janet's acting has always been part of her life, that's not selling out. She's never gone overboard with endorsements, but when it comes down to it, business is business and the entertainment industry isn't only about talent/art, it's about making profit and not starving.

Janet endorsed pepsi, blackglamma and nutrisystem. So technically, she's made her side hustle money as well. However, the bulk of her income came from record sells and tours. Janet had a high royalty rate so her album and single sells made her plenty of money. Plus her deal with Virgin and other secrete ventures she was involved in like "founders national bank". So she didn't have to pimp herself out too much. but for new artist the musical climate is different. Albums aint selling like they use too and physical singles no longer sell for 4.99, just 99 cent. So they have to sell the coca cola, pepsi, smart water, perfume, fashion line....etc. Now if adele's next album doesn't sell like 21, she's gonna be wishing she had taken that lo'real deal. But right now her album is at 10 million sold, so she doesn't need the money.

well clearly Wendy knows nothing about Janet's bra adventure that tanked (thank GOD)... or Janet's acting :umm:

Truth be told, the buzz about her Bra line was VERY positive. She should have followed through on that and then she would never really have to work again and she could keep all the jacksons quiet with some hush money. :coffee: A lucrative fashion line can set you up for life. Look at jessica simpson, diddy and carlos santana. The goal is to create something that will sell even while you sleep, so a fashion line or a perfume line if done correctly can be fiscally brilliant. People forget Elizabeth Taylor never had to work again after she released "white diamond". It still sells to this day.

• Upvote 1

I feel the same way (to an extent), YES Janet has things her name is on too, but it's not the same as if she had the perfume, the clothes, the purses, the alcohol, the sunglasses and so on & so on. I hate when all that stuff goes into artistry and stops them from keeping their minds on music (ANDRE!). BUT I understand and respect that it's alot of peoples passions, or it gets them more money and exposure than some EVER had in music (Jessica). Theres a difference with me between lending your name to a few things and giving your name to EVERYTHING

I feel the same way (to an extent), YES Janet has things her name is on too, but it's not the same as if she had the perfume, the clothes, the sunglasses, the alcohol, the sunglasses and so on & so on. I hate when all that stuff goes into artistry and stops them from keeping their minds on music (ANDRE!). BUT I understand and respect that it's alot of peoples passions, or it gets them more money and exposure than some EVER had in music (Jessica). Theres a difference with me between lending your name to a few things and giving your name to EVERYTHING

tumblr_mu31fsGR1k1qdcxoeo1_500_zps28e0c728.gif