'Tis The Season? Musicians and Xmas Albums...

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Somebody has to..yall don't go in on the bitch hard enough.

To answer u question aren't Xmas albums profitable becuz they can continue to sell around the holidays for like...forever?

But do they actually have to be good and have staying power for that to happen?

If it's becoming a trend, it's a tacky one. There are very few decent interpretations of Christmas outside to traditional pop tunes (pre-1950s)

Christmas albums limit the artist.

Mariah did it right the first time... but bc it was good and she had the vocals for it... and some original tunes.. 'All I Want for Xmas Is You' is a timeless holiday classic... that I can see lessors re-doing in the future when MC allows them to

but none of these lessors do that.. they just sing the same xmas songs or Goddess forbid, make their own.. and fail

Mariah did it right the first time... but bc it was good and she had the vocals for it... and some original tunes.. 'All I Want for Xmas Is You' is a timeless holiday classic... that I can see lessors re-doing in the future when MC allows them to

Tell the truth and shame the devil!!!! -_-

Not to mention, MC did it at the height of her fame so it was promoted like a proper album and not just some specialty project. Most "classic" xmas albums are done when the artist is still viable and relevant. It's also important to at least try and create new material. I mean, why would I want to hear certain artist sing "this christmas", when Donny's original slays them all anyway. :coffee:

However, i will say that Mary's new xmas album is pretty good actually. Some of her best vocals in ages.