Diva Duets: Janet Jackson & Ciara Vs. Lady Gaga & Britney Spears

SloLove

First Rihanna & Shakira, now this?

The night was set alight with word that Grammy winning pop superstar Lady Gaga was on board to duet with ‘Womanizer’ wailer Britney Spears - a concept first brought forth by Spears in a recent chat interview with her devoted fans.

With Spears already listing Madonna, Christina Aguilera, P!nk, Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, and Rihanna to her lengthy list of female collaborators, the self-proclaimed Femme Fatale’s inclusion of Gaga would certainly seem fitting.

Elsewhere in the blog-o-sphere, news surfaced that ‘Body Party’ beauty Ciara has been eyeing a collabo with long-time idol Janet Jackson. As both singers have albums reportedly due in the next year, this is certainly a combo we could see happening. But, can you?

Ok, so at this point it's like Ciara either get up off your ass and make the shit happen or shut the fuck up about. You been going hard since 2004 and we haven't even seen a pic of you with Janet or ever heard Janet mention your name for that matter. I know Janet a shady bitch and don't really F with chicks...especially ones in the industry. But I don't know chile...give it a rest

I still can't believe not even ONE photo has popped up w/ them two. Hell even RazB has been photo'd w/ Janet before .lol

its crazy! I guess they've never met...Janet has never mentioned the girl or nothing Jesus! And no one has asked janet about her

Janet is not here for other female artist...unless you are a older white woman with a critically acclaimed catalog of songs, it aint happening boo.

Well, Janet was going to work with Aaliyah. They just couldn't make it work for both of their albums.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Ciara. She keeps mentioning Janet, even recorded a unofficial remix to one of her songs and STILL Janet won't acknowledge her presence. -_- lol

You keep believing that boo. I would have loved to see that collaboration, but in my heart of hearts I know Janet would have kept dodging that collaboration. -_-

Really? lol

I think Janet genuinely liked Aaliyah.

She didn't mention Janet when it was convenient, or switch her influences because the media wants her to give credit to someone else.......

• Upvote 1

:rolleyes: ... I guess. I would be more inclined to believe that they would have collaborated together on a Missy song...the video would have been sickening.

Ugh, no. Missy does not need to be apart of everything, like how she was back then. Ugh, juss on full overload.. besides it would have been more sickening without Missy...cuz those beauty shots of Janet and Aaliyah would have been UNMATCHED ..and um..yeah..Missy would not have done well in all that beauty :umm:

Well, Janet was going to work with Aaliyah. They just couldn't make it work for both of their albums.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Ciara. She keeps mentioning Janet, even recorded a unofficial remix to one of her songs and STILL Janet won't acknowledge her presence. -_- lol

But she didn't (thank god)

She can't afford Janet

It probably would've happened had she stayed with J.D. Let us not forget Janet once sang the hook on a damn Chingy song. She wasn't always so above it all.

You keep believing that boo. I would have loved to see that collaboration, but in my heart of hearts I know Janet would have kept dodging that collaboration. -_-

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think that's fair to JD. Janet was collaborating on outside projects (mostly rappers) before she and JD were an item.

Also, at the time Janet and Aaliyah were trying to make a collab happen is when Janet was the most active doing side projects

Busta

Blackstreet

Shaggy

Beanie Man

Even the "skit"/phone call she did for Method Man around that time (late 90's/early 00's)

Ya'll blame JD for everything. :sigh: lol

• Upvote 2