"All I Want For Christmas Is You" is the ultimate XXXmas song

Aquaria

Back to Mariah, they been spinning this song like ganabusters, and I heard the tea on the street is its a Christmas classic now and she will be bringing in coin for years because of this song

I think the fact it keeps charting so high year after year is testament to it's classic status. The song is PERFECT. It captures the magic of Christmas perfectly.The different videos to it are great. Her studio vocals shine. I remember being in college..it was November 25th and I was in charge of the common room stereo that day (common room = where the students hang out when they have a free period or during breaks/lunch). I was playing various songs popular on radio at the time and then I decided to drop in All I Want For Christmas. As soon as those opening bells played everyone turned towards me and were like "OMG YES!!!" "OMG I LOVE THIS SONG" "I FEEL SO CHRISTMASSY NOW!" and as soon as it finished they were begging me to replay it and everyone was dancing along. I think it got played 7 times in a row :lol:. Man that was a good memory.

There's been so many covers of that song and none of them come close to the original - and I'm not saying that as a stan.

• Upvote 1

Lets not forget it's also timeless, what I LOVE about it is it fits almost every decade really, like the best Christmas songs to me. She has alot of songs like that (alot less in the heavily JD produced-post-Glitter eras), but it's 1 of my fave things about her catalog as a whole.