'90s Survivor: 1999 - Winner Announced!

TwistedElegance™

QzhfSYI.jpg

Writer: R. Kelly

Producer: R. Kelly

Label: Columbia, Rock Land

Maxwell bows out of the competition as 'Fortunate' claims eighth spot for 1999. Written, composed, produced and arranged by R. Kelly, 'Fortunate' was one of many songs penned by the R&B icon for the soundtrack to Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence's Life. The song is Maxwell's most successful Hot 100 entry to date, peaking at No. 4. It fared better on the R&B chart where it ruled the chart for eight weeks becoming his first No. 1 (his second being 2009's 'Pretty Wings' which reigned for a staggering 14 weeks). 'Fortunate' earned Maxwell a Grammy nomination for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance, however lost to Barry White with 'Staying Power'. The song failed to chart with any significance outside the US.

Songs remaining (in alphabetical order):

Have You Ever? - Brandy

Heartbreak Hotel - Whitney Houston feat. Faith Evans & Kelly Price

It's Not Right But It's Okay - Whitney Houston

My Love Is Your Love - Whitney Houston

No Scrubs - TLC

Unpretty - TLC

What's It Gonna Be!? - Busta Rhymes feat. Janet Jackson

My Love Is Your Love

ZC3J5kd.jpg

Writers: Busta Rhymes, Darrell Allamby, Antoinette Roberson

Producer: Darrell "Delite" Allamby

Label: Elektra

Taking out seventh spot for 1999 is Busta Rhymes and the incomparable Janet Jackson with 'What's It Gonna Be?!' Released as the second single from Busta's Grammy-nominated third album, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front, the scorching sex jam ruled the R&B chart for a week in April 1999 and reached No. 3 on the Hot 100. Remembered vividly for its big-budget video co-directed by Hype Williams and Busta himself, 'What's It Gonna Be?!' was nominated for four VMAs in 1999 but scored no wins. The song also went Top 10 in the UK.

Have You Ever? - Brandy

No Scrubs - TLC

Unpretty - TLC

My Love Is Your Love

ZC3J5kd.jpg

Writers: Busta Rhymes, Darrell Allamby, Antoinette Roberson

Producer: Darrell "Delite" Allamby

Label: Elektra

Taking out seventh spot for 1999 is Busta Rhymes and the incomparable Janet Jackson with 'What's It Gonna Be?!' Released as the second single from Busta's Grammy-nominated third album, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front, the scorching sex jam ruled the R&B chart for a week in April 1999 and reached No. 3 on the Hot 100. Remembered vividly for its big-budget video co-directed by Hype Williams and Busta himself, 'What's It Gonna Be?!' was nominated for four VMAs in 1999 but scored no wins. The song also went Top 10 in the UK.

Have You Ever? - Brandy

No Scrubs - TLC

Unpretty - TLC

My Love Is Your Love

You forgot to add that it reached no.1 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip Hop singles chart and Billboard Hot Rap Charts