Zendaya chosen to Play Aaliyah in New Lifetime Original Movie underway

janetDAYZ

Name one.. I'll wait :coffee:

The reason I mention President Obama bc you have an issue with her being too light-skinned for her to be considered black

Aaliyah wasn't exactly dark-skinned at all

I ain't about to go through a list of biracial people who could play Aaliyah cause this ain't about being biracial once again. I see you like staying on that subject. It ain't the fact she's too light-skinned to be considered black. I don't like the fact that she doesn't look enough like Aaliyah and her skin tone doesn't help any. It looks like an asian/mexican playing the role of a black girl and i'm not here for it. Second skin color and acting has nothing to do with skin color and being president. You did too much. 

:lmao:

he like pissin me off for some reason :lol:

• Upvote 1

Zendaya-Aaliyah.jpg

I think she'll do just fine portraying Aaliyah

Lisa Tucker from American Idol came to mind to play Aaliayh.

she's on vampire diaries?

Why did she come to mind? Lisa can sing... Aaliyah is not a powerhouse vocalist.. To hire a powerhouse vocalist to play a pop entertainer would be would be insane

When making biopics.. you don't always go with the actor that looks close to character.. You go for the better actor..

You should go for both. Zendaya looks nothing like Aaliyah and I don't recall her being nominated for any oscars.

You should go for both. Zendaya looks nothing like Aaliyah and I don't recall her being nominated for any oscars.

She may not be nominated but she's way more famous than Lisa Tucker

I'm not sure why i'm defending this... I don't care for Aaliyah and the only time I would watch Lifetime is when the Golden Girls was syndicated on that channel

Meh... Zendaya is the one and the youths will love it

This

For me it's not an issue about her being mixed, it's that she just REALLY doesn't look like a grown women at all, Aaliyah looked grown since she was a teenager, this girl is what 19? But she looks 14 in the face, same problem Selena Gomez has. Nobody wants someone with a little girl face to sell sexyness.......well ok there are guys who do, but I'm not 1 of them.