How many of you liked Jon B.?

Bailey

:lmao: Yea no, I buy Robin much more than I ever bought Jon, to me he seemed to be the 1 really trying. I like a few songs of his but Robin gets wrongly criticized for exactly what Jon does, the same type of music album after album, just like Musiq Soulchild. Robin has much more eclectic & diverse music which is why of the 2 even pre Blurred Lines Robin was more known, tho they both weren't mainstream, Robin has the stronger catalog of the 2. He's good but Robin's a much better singer and has a more eclectic catalog. I only use Jon for his Babyface duet mostly these days.

I don't know anybody who doesn't like Jon B. He certainly opened the door for Robin and JT. Not to say he was the first white boy to sing r&b/soul but he certainly was of the "new age" of his time...which later made the urban community embrace white boys who sing urban music like Robin and Justin. Anybody would be a fool to say Jon B. didn't make it "cool" to be the white boy with soul. I'm sure even Robin would give Jon his credit for opening up those doors.

And btw...ppl don't know that Jon B. Is not only a singer but he's a WRITER and A PRODUCER. Another thing that Robin and Justin have in common w him.

• Upvote 1

Oh it's all true, Robin has given Jon his credit, and yea in the 90's he was the who really made a name for himself in that crowd, that's undenyable. But Im not too into his music for the most part, again same boat as Musiq Soulchild for me, don't dislike him but don't love him either . I love R&B it's my favorite genre, but I'm tough on my R&B artists you gotta be able to shake up your sound & style a bit. He, Musiq, & India. havent.

When is his being bisaed Not showing :blink:

At the end of the day its all subjective. Some would say JT catalog shits on both...some would say Jon B' s catalog shits on both.

Imo, Robin's albums never live up to his singles. I bought one of his albums ,expecting it to be good and it was a biggggg let down. It was only 3 decent songs on there. I was shocked cuz I thought I was gonna start investing in him as an artist cuz his singles are of quality and on point but The rest of that album I bought was just unlistenable. Went to listen to his other albums. Same thing.

It's between Jon and JT IMO...Jon's catalog is solid -good

Imo, Robin's albums never live up to his singles. I bought one of his albums ,expecting it to be good and it was a biggggg let down. It was only 3 decent songs on there. I was shocked cuz I thought I was gonna start investing in him as an artist cuz his singles are of quality and on point but The rest of that album I bought was just unlistenable. Went to listen to his other albums. Same thing.

Jokes on you.. :lmao:

Jokes on you.. :lmao:

Actually the joke is on him. He doesn't sell. He owes Pharell his life for being a lil more known now. :umm:

Well at least I gave him a chance unlike other ppl who have issues w certain artists for other reasons outside of their music therefore not allowing them to delve in a person's catalog with unbiased ears :coffee:

my sister and all her friends were obsessed with him. he might have been the first male artist to make her little giny wet. :unsure:  I could never really get into him, but I must give him credit because he came out at a time when R&B/Soul music was the bee.knees and he stood out. Im not sure if JT or RT came out at that time doing R&B that they would have had the same kind of success.

At the end of the day its all subjective. Some would say JT catalog shits on both...some would say Jon B' s catalog shits on both.

You're 1 to talk, last I heard this was about opinion's and I'm being honest about mine.

Actually the joke is on him. He doesn't sell. He owes Pharell his life for being a lil more known now. :umm:

Well at least I gave him a chance unlike other ppl who have issues w certain artists for other reasons outside of their music therefore not allowing them to delve in a person's catalog with unbiased ears :coffee:

Except, his albums actually did sell pre Blurred lines so there goes that theory. :lmao:

Ironically I did the same way about Justin, but just isn't happening, can't get past his voice, but hey at least I tried.

Someone is CLEARLY salty that Robin is not getting MUCH luv in this thread :lmao:

Robin was SELLING before Blurred Lines??????? Where on mars??? :blink:

The man only has...

1 platinum album :lmao: :lmao:

3 gold albums :lmao: :lmao:

2 that didnt even reach Gold

Thats "selling" to you??????? :lmao::blink::mellow:

He's been out for 11 years and 6 albums. And that's the best he could do?

SELLING ....means you were selling like Bee, Alicia, JT.. those were "selling" artist. NOT those who are barely goin gold or hardly selling. Robin thicke on Keyshia Cole level. Hold on..nope, bad example cuz Keyshia has been out less amount of time with less amount of albums and even SHE'S OUTSOLD him. :lmao: oop. When Keyshia Coleslaw is outselling you that means He's at the bottom with the other No Names. You can't ever come for JT when 20/20 Experience sold more in its FIRST week than Robin's whole "Blurred Lines" era. The album sold what? 700k total? While JT'S first wk was damn near a million :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're steamed cuz ur the only one living for Robin in this thread. Give credit where its do lil boy. Jon B is the original...he paved the way for both.

To break it down...

Jon B. Is the template.

Justin Timberlake is the SELLER

and Robin..well? ..he's just in LAST place. Deal or don't deal. It's your choice to keep fighting a battle. Based off the opinions of others and Billboard.. Robin is back in the dust.

And you may have a seat in Every Single Chair on planet Earth. Good Day.. its a wrap. And we're done.

Someone is CLEARLY salty that Robin is not getting MUCH luv in this thread :lmao:

Robin was SELLING before Blurred Lines??????? Where on mars??? :blink:

The man only has...

1 platinum album :lmao: :lmao:

3 gold albums :lmao: :lmao:

2 that didnt even reach Gold

Thats "selling" to you??????? :lmao::blink::mellow:

He's been out for 11 years and 6 albums. And that's the best he could do?

SELLING ....means you were selling like Bee, Alicia, JT.. those were "selling" artist. NOT those who are barely goin gold or hardly selling. Robin thicke on Keyshia Cole level as far as sales. He's at the bottom with the other No Names. You can't ever come for JT when 20/20 Experience sold more in its FIRST week than Robin's whole "Blurred Lines" era. The album sold what? 700k total? While JT'S first wk was damn near a million :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're steamed cuz ur the only one living for Robin in this thread. Give credit where its do lil boy. Jon B is the original...he paved the way for both.

To break it down...

Jon B. Is the template.

Justin Timberlake is the SELLER

and Robin..well? ..he's just in LAST place. Deal or don't deal. It's your choice to keep fighting a battle. Based off the opinions of others and Billboard.. Robin is back in the dust.

And you may have a seat in Every Single Chair on planet Earth. Good Day.. its a wrap. And we're done.

Seems like you're steamed I don't like Justin for his mediocre vocals and not like most people here who don't like him because of the Superbowl. Damn I don't know why my opinion means so much to you but hey, good luck with that.

To be a non mainstream artist hell yes that's selling, it's more than his peers on that scene for the most part, compare his sales to them. You're making it sound like he was ever on the same field and scene as Justin, that's like saying Ledisi is on the same field as Alicia Keys, so that's just ridiculous, Robin's in the field of hardcore non mainstream R&B/soul artists. Not pop actst that dabble.

LOFL You keep bringing Justin in this, he's a pop artist who does R&B, Jon & Robin are both legit R&B artists :lmao:  So we see what you're mad about :lmao:  :lmao:

And actually I gave credit, old man, but in comparison between the 2 R&B artists Robin's the seller. And I give credit to Jon for opening the door in the 90's but he definitely isn't the template, that goes to Michael McDonald, Teena Marie, Rick Astley, and most importantly Gino Vanneli. Sorry but Jon (helped) opened doors to white R&B artists, not pop artists, there were pleanty of white pop artists who dabbled in R&B before Justin ala Elvis, Elton, George Michael, & Bowie, so in your little stacking system, Justin's not even included, because that is not his main genre the way it is their's, so again in the topic of discussing Robin & facts, you fail.

And how is he stacked to "dust" in billboard when if that's what we're stupidly counting as opinion's, he is much more noticed than & successful than Jon. seems like you're just starting shit to start it. Have a seat it's needed. I don't care about prefering people over Robin, Note I only talked to people in this thread that do shit talking.

Ah, I recall you saying I was a shit starter, LOFL, and ah the bias. Don't need those seats like you do, clearly.

:lmao: Yea no, I buy Robin much more than I ever bought Jon, to me he seemed to be the 1 really trying. I like a few songs of his but Robin gets wrongly criticized for exactly what Jon does, the same type of music album after album, just like Musiq Soulchild. Robin has much more eclectic & diverse music which is why of the 2 even pre Blurred Lines Robin was more known, tho they both weren't mainstream, Robin has the stronger catalog of the 2. He's good but Robin's a much better singer and has a more eclectic catalog. I only use Jon for his Babyface duet mostly these days.

Eclectic doesn't always mean better, but I do agree Robin is a better singer than Jon and Justin.

Jon B >>>

I agree

When I was a child.. I thought Jon B was black -_-

me too lol. When I saw the video for the song I was like :o

• Upvote 1

Eclectic doesn't always mean better, but I do agree Robin is a better singer than Jon and Justin.

I feel you on that point like some people just have their specialties, I have artists I like like that (not many) but Im saying for me being eclectic and doing it well while still retaining a bit of who you are is worth major points for me personally.

• Upvote 1

I loved Jon and still do :wub:

YUP!!! My response was gonna be, "liked?"  I STILL LOVE JON B...

Robin Thicke is cool (I need to hear more of him), and there's only one song I like by Justin, ...well actually, I like him on the hook to Holy Grail

• Upvote 1

How many of yall remember Remy Shand?

I just remember these two songs, the first one had an actual video, but not sure if 2nd song I posted had one... but these 2 songs I remember. Never did pick up his cd, but he came out in early 2000's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpfs4V_10r4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTyV3dFZFRo

• Upvote 1

How many of yall remember Remy Shand?

I just remember these two songs, the first one had an actual video, but not sure if 2nd song I posted had one... but these 2 songs I remember. Never did pick up his cd, but he came out in early 2000's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpfs4V_10r4

I always preffered Remy over Jon too honestly, I LOVED Remy, and that 1 damn album, ugh 2001....this song was all over R&B radio. When Robin re-emeged with Lost Without You because of that perfect falsetto I thought he was Remy. Their vocals are similar, and their styles (at least Robins in 02) were similar, more 70s smooth Rock R&B soul. I do think Robin's vocals are stronger than Remy, too but soulwise they're on the same level to me, they both have nice ranges tho. I prefer Remy's album to Robin's 1st tho

This is my 2nd favorite With U remix (I prefer this mix & the Zac's Oldschool mix to the original)

I always preffered Remy over Jon too honestly, I LOVED Remy, and that 1 damn album, ugh 2001....this song was all over R&B radio. When Robin re-emeged with Lost Without You because of that perfect falsetto I thought he was Remy. Their vocals are similar, and their styles (at least Robins in 02) were similar, more 70s smooth Rock R&B soul. I do think Robin's vocals are stronger than Remy, too but soulwise they're on the same level to me, they both have nice ranges tho. I prefer Remy's album to Robin's 1st tho

This is my 2nd favorite With U remix (I prefer this mix & the Zac's Oldschool mix to the original)

Damn what radio stations did y'all get to listen to. I never heard this on radio before. I don't care for that remix...it sounds like too much music going on and not blending too well with Janet's voice. One of the instruments needs to be taken out