Angela Bassett Addresses Not Casting Bobbi Kristina In Whitney Houston Biopic – “She’s Not An Actress”

janetDAYZ

And some of the best artists were born to rock out music... Michael didn't get formal music training.. Janet didn't get a degree.. Beyonce doesn't have a GED/HS diploma... Steve Jobs didn't have a degree.. Many millionaires/billionaires don't have college degrees...

That's not why so many celebrities have money issues... :umm: wtf? There are millions of college graduates in debt to their ears with good jobs..

A piece of paper doesn't make you successful... with money, comes power

and there isn't going to be another Michael nor Janet, if we taught our kids to just aspire to being an entertainer there would be no use for schools, yet 100's of thousands of kids attend college every year because like it or not it remains a fact that despite every other factor that affects your life, getting an education, while not a guarantee of success, has been consistently correlated to later success in life. The fact there are millions of people who have educations and are struggling only addresses today's economic realities, it fails on all levels to suggest an education for someone who comes from a family of money is not necessary. It can take generations to build wealth, all it takes is one fool to end that wealth. Your argument also fails in addressing those who have inherited wealth and the fact that many celebs send their children off to the best schools.

and there isn't going to be another Michael nor Janet, if we taught our kids to just aspire to being an entertainer there would be no use for schools, yet 100's of thousands of kids attend college every year because like it or not it remains a fact that despite every other factor that affects your life, getting an education, while not a guarantee of success, has been consistently correlated to later success in life. The fact there are millions of people who have educations and are struggling only addresses today's economic realities, it fails on all levels to suggest an education for someone who comes from a family of money is not necessary. It can take generations to build wealth, all it takes is one fool to end that wealth. Your argument also fails in addressing those who have inherited wealth and the fact that many celebs send their children off to the best schools.

I didn't know you could predict the future.. MJ and Janet are two examples of people who didn't need an education to have success.. Success isn't measure by how many pieces of paper you have hung on your wall.. Success is measured by wealth and personal beliefs.

In other words, People should Follow their dreams.

Of course they're gonna send their children to school :blink: but many of these celebrity children don't go to college and many do. That doesn't make them less of a person or less knowledgeable

• Upvote 1

If anyone has a lot of nerve, it's Bobbi :umm: Angela knows what she's doing and certainly made the best choice in not casting her. Grammy or Oscar, my ass.

Exactly, being a fool to a legend won't exactly pull no favors in winning awards.I hope Tyler reads her to pieces, cause he stans for some Angela.

• Upvote 1

Exactly, being a fool to a legend won't exactly pull no favors in winning awards.I hope Tyler reads her to pieces, cause he stans for some Angela.

Right. She probably doesn't even realize how disrespecting someone like Angela when you barely have a name for yourself can burn so many bridges for you. Not to mention, Angela and Whitney were friends. I bet Whitney would be in her face for that mess.

Right. She probably doesn't even realize how disrespecting someone like Angela when you barely have a name for yourself can burn so many bridges for you. Not to mention, Angela and Whitney were friends. I bet Whitney would be in her face for that mess.

Hell yea, the problem with Bobbi Kris is obvious, she expects to have it ALLL because of who her mother is, but she doesn't do SHIT. She says she can "Sang" but all we got is her mediocre at best singing of I'm Your Baby Tonight and a few other Youtube videos, her fathers Bobby brown so she might be able to dance but we havent seen her do that (or hell she might be cursed with Whitney's rhythm since she got cursed with Bobby's forehead, jaw & teeth), and her acting on a Tyler Perry show was LOW for even Tyler Perry cast standards. Until she shows up and een attempts to have a name for herself, she needs to keep it shut in the legacy her mother made, and with her creepy marriage of her illegitimate adopted brother .

.............................I don't think very highly of that girl, not since her mother died and she came out into the focus more, I can see she's not that great of a person. (judging off the reality show and shit like this)

I can see where bailey, and jarryl and Game are coming from. More education does correlate to more success. Let face it. Many successful (i.e. more upwardly mobile) people had to acquire their skills through education.  But it is also all about fit and other intangibles that no institution can teach. 

• Upvote 2

it's sad to read those things said by Bobbi Kristina, but to be fair she is a young girl, and may not have dealt with her mother's death, I think she may feel this pressure to be some extension of her mom's legacy  when all she ever was ...was a little girl. Now its big this and that, my  mom was Whitney....I just hope she comes to a place where she can respectfully disagree that post lacked tack....a lack of tack is never befitting to a woman.

it's sad to read those things said by Bobbi Kristina, but to be fair she is a young girl, and may not have dealt with her mother's death, I think she may feel this pressure to be some extension of her mom's legacy  when all she ever was ...was a little girl. Now its big this and that, my  mom was Whitney....I just hope she comes to a place where she can respectfully disagree that post lacked tack....a lack of tack is never befitting to a woman.

Chile please she's 21 - young is not an excuse imo. She has been a mess since her mother died though and her man is a douche.

• Upvote 1

Chile please she's 21 - young is not an excuse imo. She has been a mess since her mother died though and her man is a douche.

Yup, look at the way she treats her Grandmother, gonna say her Grandmother had no right to write a book about Whitney..BITCH PLEASE