R&B girl groups' 1992 albums

RedSimba

Battle of the 1992 albums from R&B girl groups  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is your favorite?

• [img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126s/98558415.png[/img] Funky Divas ~ En Vogue
    • [img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126s/97899495.png[/img] It's About Time ~ SWV
    • [img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126s/79703655.png[/img] Jade to the Max
    • [img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126s/74012782.png[/img] Ooooooohhh...On the TLC Tip

So back then we had En Vogue who were on fire, the other three had just come onto the scene, and the albums they released happen to be among my favorites released in 1992! That's why I consider this the ultimate year for R&B girl groups. Usually, On the TLC Tip gets my vote ~ but lately I'm actually starting to prefer It's About Time so it gets my vote (for now lol)

Also, feel free to rank them if you want... B)

My current ranking at the moment (+3 favorite songs)

1. It's About Time (Right Here/Human Nature, Weak, You're Always On My Mind)

2. Ooooooohhh...On The TLC Tip (Baby-Baby-Baby, What About Your Friends, His Story)

3. Funky Divas (My Lovin' (Never Gonna Get It), Free Your Mind, What Is Love)

4. Jade to the Max (Don't Walk Away, One Woman, Blessed)

(Spoiler: I think I have another idea for a poll so stay tuned :P)

GOOD COMPETITION, I've recently got into looking for music of 80's and 90's girl groups we don't hear about much compared to those listed like The Emotions,  Body, Allure, Ex Girlfriend, Seduction, Shades, Sa Deuce, Assorted Phlavors, Vybe, Pure Soul, & Total. This blog post got me started on that (Im gonna check out each group listed)

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/invertedbutterfly/90s_randb_girl_groups/

But of these albums

1. EN VOGUE, and it's not even that close, that album was not only perfect, it was vastly eclectic and both ahead of it's time and a great ode to the old school girl groups, and again all the eclectic sounds, R&B, pop, rock, hip hop, african, spanish, funk, etc. WHO ELSE LISTED?............I stan for that album lol

2. Oooooooh On the TLC tip, I love it, but I love it much more as a kid. Hell as a kid it was my fave TLC album, but it's #2 now. But a great debut

3. It's About Time, I love it but the other 2 overshadow

4. Jade To The Max, I like it, and I like alot of Jade's songs, but their discog and this album is rightfully overshadowed by Don't Walk Away

• Upvote 1

How I miss the R&B girl group!

Who you tellin? In my digging for all the R&B girl groups of the 80's & 90's Im seeing theres not only A LOTTTTTTTTT but most had really great singers and really great music that just went nowhere. Like I use to call En Vogue & SWV underated in today's industry but NO there are groups who could've really used a boost of fame so they could have some longevity.

• Upvote 1

I'm tempted to give it to En Vogue for the singles alone (My Lovin' and Free Your Mind are exquisite), but TLC's album holds better replay value for me. I like It's About Time but it never wowed me. And I haven't ever heard Jade's album, only the singles.

How I miss the R&B girl group!

Girl groups in general have had really spotty times of popularity. They have only been popular in the 60s and 90s.  What hurts them from reaching their potential is that they generally have very little control over their careers.

• Upvote 1

It's pretty close (except for one ~ I think it's a good album; it's just very tough competition here lol)

GOOD COMPETITION, I've recently got into looking for music of 80's and 90's girl groups we don't hear about much compared to those listed like The Emotions,  Body, Allure, Ex Girlfriend, Seduction, Shades, Sa Deuce, Assorted Phlavors, Vybe, Pure Soul, & Total. This blog post got me started on that (Im gonna check out each group listed)

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/invertedbutterfly/90s_randb_girl_groups/

But of these albums

1. EN VOGUE, and it's not even that close, that album was not only perfect, it was vastly eclectic and both ahead of it's time and a great ode to the old school girl groups, and again all the eclectic sounds, R&B, pop, rock, hip hop, african, spanish, funk, etc. WHO ELSE LISTED?............I stan for that album lol

2. Oooooooh On the TLC tip, I love it, but I love it much more as a kid. Hell as a kid it was my fave TLC album, but it's #2 now. But a great debut

3. It's About Time, I love it but the other 2 overshadow

4. Jade To The Max, I like it, and I like alot of Jade's songs, but their discog and this album is rightfully overshadowed by Don't Walk Away

Funky Divas is pretty diverse now that you mentioned it (any album with "Desire," "My Lovin," "Yesterday," AND "Free Your Mind" would be) And On The TLC Tip used to be my favorite too growing up, now it's second to CrazySexyCool.

It's pretty close (except for one ~ I think it's a good album; it's just very tough competition here lol)

Funky Divas is pretty diverse now that you mentioned it (any album with "Desire," "My Lovin," "Yesterday," AND "Free Your Mind" would be) And On The TLC Tip used to be my favorite too growing up, now it's second to CrazySexyCool.

I agree, it is a solid album

Right, I think thats why it stands the test of time to me, like Desire & Free Your Mind & My Lovin (just to name a few) could've fit in the late 90's, 00's, 2010's, wheres the other 3 albums, tho good very much settle in New Jack Swing and very little (if anything) else. We're on the same page with TLC, I didnt use to get the hype about CSC when I got into them when I was like 12, I thought Ooooh & Fanmail were way better, but now CSC is my #1 also