2 shows that returned to TV have been cancelled

jarrylf

The Game (finally) And DALLAS 

TNT's Dallas Cancelled After 3 Seasons

A statement from TNT reads as follows:

“We are extremely proud of [Dallas], which defied expectations by standing as a worthy continuation of the Ewing saga. We want to thank everyone involved with the show, from the extraordinary cast to the impeccable production team, led by the show’s creative forces, Cynthia Cidre and Mike Robin. We especially want to thank the people of Dallas for their warm and generous hospitality during the production of the series.”

A contemporary continuation of the CBS serial that ran from 1978 to 1991, TNT’sDallas — with original cast members Larry Hagman (who would pass away in November 2012), Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray on board– launched in June 2012 to 6.9 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating, earning a Season 2 pick-up just weeks later.

Season 3 opened in February with 2.66 million total viewers and a 0.7 demo rating. By the close of its summertime run, the show was drawing 1.7 mil and a 0.4.

BET's The Game to End With Season 9

It’s Game over.

BET’s The Game will conclude after its ninth season, our sister site Deadlinereports.

The series was renewed earlier this year for Season 8, which is currently filming for an early 2015 premiere.

“All good things must come to an end, and after celebrating four successful seasons of The Game on BET, the network has announced production is underway on the show’s final two seasons,” according to a statement posted on BET’s Website. The network added that the show’s January 2011 debut drew 7.7 million viewers, and that it hoped to give “Sabers fans a chance to bid farewell to their favorite players on and off the field.”

The Game began its run on The CW for three seasons before finding a second lease on life at BET.

ME TOO!!! HOW DARE THEY, This season was EVERYTHING, and all the cliffhangers at the fucking in....they deserve a season 4! I hope Netflix or somebody picks up cause it can't end here

TNT is almost as bad as Fox when it comes to cancelling shows that don't deserve to be cancelled. They keep some of the dumbest shows on, but take the best ones off. Like seriously, what the fuck is their problem?!

• Upvote 1

TNT is almost as bad as Fox when it comes to cancelling shows that don't deserve to be cancelled. They keep some of the dumbest shows on, but take the best ones off. Like seriously, what the fuck is their problem?!

costs....its all money...and delivery, some shows just miss the mark

Why The Game was brought back I don't know. They should have brought back Girlfriends instead :rolleyes:. Let's not discuss Girlfriends though.

I'm surprised Dallas was cancelled as I thought it had a huge following. Having said that I never really hear about it that much unless something happens to one of the original cast/characters.

• Upvote 1

Why The Game was brought back I don't know. They should have brought back Girlfriends instead :rolleyes:. Let's not discuss Girlfriends though.

I'm surprised Dallas was cancelled as I thought it had a huge following. Having said that I never really hear about it that much unless something happens to one of the original cast/characters.

I never watched it before, so I think Dallas had to connect with those who knew the show before and bring in new folks, today's TV kinda ups the stakes it has to be really cutting edge and entertaining to catch the viewers

YOU ALREADY KNOW................But yes....there was entirely NO reason for The Game to be brought back at all.

Right, it always took over Twitter, BUT the show or TNT did them a diservice by cutting the season in half, I think that hurt it, when the 1st half ended months later I completely forgot it was coming back, and when it came back the ratting suffered, like this season finale (HUGE like it's normally been) the rattings were REALLY bad.

The Game wasn't canceled. The creator decided it was time to call it a day and after 9 seasons its run its course. It was very successful on BET. It actually got more viewers on BET than it ever did on the CW. I confused about Dallas as well, considering I here it was very successful as well.