The "Flex and Shanice" thread

RedSimba

(And I don't care if this is the first and only post lol. I might change it to simply just the Shanice thread later...)

Okay I was actually a little bit White-Rabbit-late but last night I finally got around to watching Flex and Shanice's new show! :D Here's the first episode (Get it while it's hot cuz I'm sure the powers that be will take it down by next month or two <_< lol)

Episode 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpttocM4Gqk

So although they have their tense moments, they still seem like a cool, dynamic family. That's right Niecy, give everybody the extra push they need to succeed! B) 
Actually, it's kinda surreal to watch. I never get to see her serious side. I'm used to her always being in an upbeat, positive mood.  :asham: (Not that I believed that she was always like that, it's just I've never seen this side of her lol)
I'm sure some parts were played up for TV, but I'm also sure these are their real personalities and stuff like the financial issues actually happened. I was actually a little nervous for Flex at the end but he did his thing. ( :lmao: @ him imitatingthe "Du du du dudu" from "I Love Your Smile") Hopefully we'll also get to hear more Shanice singing in later episodes. And you go Heather Hannah! :P

** She also released a new song "Gotta Blame Me" on iTunes a few days ago! (It's not on YT yet tho) Dang, always the last to know these things lol. "Ain't nobody put a gun up to my head and told me to fall in love with you"  :tear:
 I love it!

Episode 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUTiKWidUlI

Another really good episode. Many more tense moments here but it's nice to see each conflict resolved. I can understand Shanice wanting to take the reigns of her own career if her mom hasn't been getting her gigs. Yeah those moves in their daughter Imani's class were a bit racy ~ While I feel bad she got embarrassed by her dad, I still get Flex's POV. I like how Ruba just got a job like that ~ it took me weeks and weeks until I got one lol. She's such a great mother--WAIT! STOP THE PRESSES! I GOTTA HEAR "I CAN FLY" IN FULL RITE NOU!!!!! :excited: :excited: Sounds like she's going more in a pop direction with this album

• Upvote 1

I like this show, but Flex & Shanice are the only reasons to watch, it's WAYYYY to scripted....and the rest of the fam are horrible actors lol, but I LOVE Flex & Shanice on the show, and will continue watching for them...despite the rest of their fam lol

Can't wait to hear that new Shanice song in full either, and Im glad she's going in more of a pop direction, because she'll never be more than the I Love Your Smile girl if she sticks to only R&B.

I like this show, but Flex & Shanice are the only reasons to watch, it's WAYYYY to scripted....and the rest of the fam are horrible actors lol, but I LOVE Flex & Shanice on the show, and will continue watching for them...despite the rest of their fam lol

Can't wait to hear that new Shanice song in full either, and Im glad she's going in more of a pop direction, because she'll never be more than the I Love Your Smile girl if she sticks to only R&B.

Yeah for example I don't believe for a second Uncle Spirit was just now learning to text lol. I mainly watch for Shanice (surprise surprise lol). Flex is cool too; I first knew him through his "Sister Sister" guest appearance lol

I think it will be refreshing. As much as I loved the last album Every Woman Dreams, my only very minor con was the shortage of uptempos. Ideally, I'd prefer an even balance of uptempos and ballads like the album before that had. B)

Yeah for example I don't believe for a second Uncle Spirit was just now learning to text lol. I mainly watch for Shanice (surprise surprise lol). Flex is cool too; I first knew him through his "Sister Sister" guest appearance lol

I think it will be refreshing. As much as I loved the last album Every Woman Dreams, my only very minor con was the shortage of uptempos. Ideally, I'd prefer an even balance of uptempos and ballads like the album before that had. B)

Yea and that cousin of hers with the locs.......EVERY scene he's in seems so forced lol, and like in the pilot episode when the daughter got her period and the son dressed himself in her pads & tampons after Flex "ironically" bought a ton from the store...enough for the son to do that ;) lol. The type of show I think it is is I bet (for the most part) most of these situations already happened but they're recreating them for the cameras in a "when that happened, wouldn't it be funny if____". Shanice's mother is the worst tho LOL, when she yells.....I CANT lol.

But still it's better than LaToya's show, I mean talk about scripted....they're trying to make her manager straight marry her for rattings, when he is SO obviously acting LOL, she is too with alot of scenerios lol, I had to stop watching that show only because of how ridiculously far they were taking the chereds and when I resumed watching I saw she had a breakdown about the "wedding" and I think it's because she didn't want another bad wedding under her belt. And with the person I'm friends with who was close with LaToya in the late 90's & early 00's said that the Toya on that show is NOT the Toya they knew, and she's not the 1 I remember on her Vh1 all access episode or any of those other reality shows she does. Im gonna say it......I think OWN does a REALLY bad job with reality shows, I think they're all mostly badly scripted (cause I KNOW most reality shows are at least partially scripted with events and the "who, what, & why" but it seems like OWN don't do a good job of at least making them seem real. The only 2 reality shows that didn't seem scripted were Lindsay Lohans show & Oprah's behind the scenes to her last season, I'd bet both were legit real. Sorry bout that rant...I like OWN but things about it annoy the hell out of me

I feel the same way (I feel that way about Karyn White's 1995 album too) I don't like it when a artist I like mostly for their uptempos (not to say I don't like their mids & ballads) releases an album with not many of them.

Yea and that cousin of hers with the locs.......EVERY scene he's in seems so forced lol, and like in the pilot episode when the daughter got her period and the son dressed himself in her pads & tampons after Flex "ironically" bought a ton from the store...enough for the son to do that ;) lol. The type of show I think it is is I bet (for the most part) most of these situations already happened but they're recreating them for the cameras in a "when that happened, wouldn't it be funny if____". Shanice's mother is the worst tho LOL, when she yells.....I CANT lol.

But still it's better than LaToya's show, I mean talk about scripted....they're trying to make her manager straight marry her for rattings, when he is SO obviously acting LOL, she is too with alot of scenerios lol, I had to stop watching that show only because of how ridiculously far they were taking the chereds and when I resumed watching I saw she had a breakdown about the "wedding" and I think it's because she didn't want another bad wedding under her belt. And with the person I'm friends with who was close with LaToya in the late 90's & early 00's said that the Toya on that show is NOT the Toya they knew, and she's not the 1 I remember on her Vh1 all access episode or any of those other reality shows she does. Im gonna say it......I think OWN does a REALLY bad job with reality shows, I think they're all mostly badly scripted (cause I KNOW most reality shows are at least partially scripted with events and the "who, what, & why" but it seems like OWN don't do a good job of at least making them seem real. The only 2 reality shows that didn't seem scripted were Lindsay Lohans show & Oprah's behind the scenes to her last season, I'd bet both were legit real. Sorry bout that rant...I like OWN but things about it annoy the hell out of me

I feel the same way (I feel that way about Karyn White's 1995 album too) I don't like it when a artist I like mostly for their uptempos (not to say I don't like their mids & ballads) releases an album with not many of them.

That's what I think with the bold too. IIRC they hinted in their Yahoo interview that some of these situations were exaggerated for TV. So if anything, I would call this based-on-reality-TV ("BOR-TV"? I dunno lol) I got that forced-ness from Ruba in his very first scene especially, but I still kinda liked how he and Niecy interacted in other scenes. I remember their interview from a couple years back lol...

Dang time flies. And I haven't watched La-Toya's aside from a few clips; sounds like fiction took the place of reality. -_-

Yeah it's probably my least fav of Karyn's first 3 albums. I mainly got it for "Hungah" lol, but I do enjoy some of the other tracks

That's what I think with the bold too. IIRC they hinted in their Yahoo interview that some of these situations were exaggerated for TV. So if anything, I would call this based-on-reality-TV ("BOR-TV"? I dunno lol) I got that forced-ness from Ruba in his very first scene especially, but I still kinda liked how he and Niecy interacted in other scenes. I remember their interview from a couple years back lol...

Dang time flies. And I haven't watched La-Toya's aside from a few clips; sounds like fiction took the place of reality. -_-

Yeah it's probably my least fav of Karyn's first 3 albums. I mainly got it for "Hungah" lol, but I do enjoy some of the other tracks

LOL I like "BOR-TV" lol, you know what tho I forget this is one of those "fun for the whole family" shows too, so in those cases it's a bit better to be "Planned" and organized, just to have more to work with and so the kids for sure have funny cutesy things to say & do & whatnot so it makes sense. If it were JUST about Flex & Shanice and the kids and the rest of the fam only made cameo appearances, I could see the format of a more reality unfolding in front of the camera working. And you know what I do like Ruba only when it's just him & Niecy lol....nobody else...or alone LOL

YES, and it took a toll on her in that last episode, it was really the most real thing about her reality show she had a LEGIT freak out and a "I CANT TELL PEOPLE I'M MARRYING YOU" LOL, that was the best episode that show ever had I'm tellin you lol.

HUNGAH SLAYYYYYYED LOL...it's the only thing about that album that did, but that 2nd album SLAYED....showed alot of promise & potential...she sadly never met

LOL I like "BOR-TV" lol, you know what tho I forget this is one of those "fun for the whole family" shows too, so in those cases it's a bit better to be "Planned" and organized, just to have more to work with and so the kids for sure have funny cutesy things to say & do & whatnot so it makes sense. If it were JUST about Flex & Shanice and the kids and the rest of the fam only made cameo appearances, I could see the format of a more reality unfolding in front of the camera working. And you know what I do like Ruba only when it's just him & Niecy lol....nobody else...or alone LOL

YES, and it took a toll on her in that last episode, it was really the most real thing about her reality show she had a LEGIT freak out and a "I CANT TELL PEOPLE I'M MARRYING YOU" LOL, that was the best episode that show ever had I'm tellin you lol.

HUNGAH SLAYYYYYYED LOL...it's the only thing about that album that did, but that 2nd album SLAYED....showed alot of promise & potential...she sadly never met

Honestly I think most reality TV is "BOR-TV" anyway lol, so in the end I guess it doesn't matter to me. But anything with Niecy's sweet bubbly personality in it gets my vote. B)

Yeah Ritual of Love is another great example of a well-balanced album. The uptempos "Romantic" and "The Way I Feel About You" are a+mazing lol as are the ballads.

I really tried to get into this show because I actually like Shanice. But I find it to be very boring. I prefer to watch Deion Sanders show instead.

Has anybody else heard that Shanice is now signed to Latoya's management company? A Latoya Stan told me that and I was like WTF! Shanice must be desperate as hell. I hope that Latoya Stan was lying because...

Personally (I know I'm in the minority with this opinion) I don't like Deions show, it does seem a tad more real than F&S, but...I don't like him...I don't like his kids (well his boys anyway), theres just nothing about that show to keep me

This episode of F&S tho............................................................the kids tearing up the house like that (for those who didn't see) purpusely putting toilet paper all over the living room, and using bottles of babypowder and pouring it on the floors, just to get a reaction from the babysitter?............NO, HELL NO, that was some fake shit, you cannot TELLL me it wasn't. Because if they were 3&6, I'd TOTALLY believe that, I mean I messed up the house in that age group. BUT....when you're 10 & 13...YOU KNOW what you can & can't get away with and Shanice's mother live with them and that broad look like she don't PLAY.....and they didn't even show the parents/family coming home....that was too fake, they probably had a staff & crew to clean up that mess & Flex & Niecey knew all about it lol.

Honestly I think most reality TV is "BOR-TV" anyway lol, so in the end I guess it doesn't matter to me. But anything with Niecy's sweet bubbly personality in it gets my vote. B)

Yeah Ritual of Love is another great example of a well-balanced album. The uptempos "Romantic" and "The Way I Feel About You" are a+mazing lol as are the ballads.

I would bet that, but to most Reality TV's credit I think they try hard (or at least aim to) make what's happening seem more real. But yea I love her & Flex enough to keep watching. Oh & At how you found out about Flex.....you're lucky...I found out about him through Homeboys In Outter Space..............no comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Ritual of love is GREAT. And those 2 are some of my favorite Karyn songs, I'd add the song Ritual Of Love.

I was out on Saturday so I'll have to catch it later ... somewhere lol. But I did have an idea from the preview. TP'ing the house, making powder angels on the floor - y'know, typical family lifestyle. :P But as long as I get more studio moments, I'm good B)

I would bet that, but to most Reality TV's credit I think they try hard (or at least aim to) make what's happening seem more real. But yea I love her & Flex enough to keep watching. Oh & At how you found out about Flex.....you're lucky...I found out about him through Homeboys In Outter Space..............no comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Ritual of love is GREAT. And those 2 are some of my favorite Karyn songs, I'd add the song Ritual Of Love.

I'll give them that. I can still kinda tell most of the time though lol. Yeah SS was my introduction, I'll never forget Flex's "Hey! You walk out that do' don't come back no mo'" along with his little hand dance :lol:

Yes, I love the tribal feel of the title track!

Okay here's my brief lil synopsis on episode 3 lol...

The rehearsal and the performance were the best parts; they alone makes the episode awesome. :thumbup: She did her thing on that ironboard-sized stage lol. And it's always funny to me whenever she says she's nervous cuz she always kills it live. :yep: Well that solves that dilemma for Flex lol for better or for worse.

With that said, ** jamming to "We Can Fly" ** :excited: :excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRsHWwOYDNg

continentalinternational :dance: 

tumblr_lkx3a3FiFX1qh0epb.gif

• Upvote 1

OK they need to get Shanice's mom some acting lessons or replace her with a professional actress cause I CANT, she cannot at natural in front of a camera! LOL If this is her 100% not scripted.............DAMN LOL, a mess I can't with her lol

I enjoyed this episode tho....too much of her mama tho and that baddddd acting lol.

• 7 months later...

Alrighty, season II of "Flex and Shanice" has started and it picks up where they left. Already it's off to an intense start! Again I know it's more like based-on-reality TV (like pretty much all reality shows lol) but it's entertaining! ^_^

Dang Flex, don't keep secrets from my homegirl like that ~ you lucky she's a sweetheart. She took it a lot better than most people would've to be honest. Uncle Spirit just wanna be in touch with his spirit. Folks be cramping on his style, man lol! Aw man, that was quite the revolving door at the end - right after Shanice's mom and her hubby move out, immediately someone else comes in her place. Wait, was that GloZell in the upcoming preview? I love her lol!

(interesting new spoiler format lol)

I recently made friends with this production assistant who sometimes works on there and he confirmed it's scripted in that there is scripts and storylines....Not surprised because I suspected that, but still I wish the family (everybody but Flex & Shanice) came off like they actually studied what they were supposed to say. But eh it's still entertaining so I'll still tune in....& criticize the bad acting & fakeness only cause it annoys me, BUT it's a cute show.

(He didn't work on LaToya's show but he knows people who have who pretty much say the same thing about that show lol)

Edited by jarrylf

I recently made friends with this production assistant who sometimes works on there and he confirmed it's scripted in that there is scripts and storylines....Not surprised because I suspected that, but still I wish the family (everybody but Flex & Shanice) came off like they actually studied what they were supposed to say. But eh it's still entertaining so I'll still tune in....& criticize the bad acting & fakeness only cause it annoys me, BUT it's a cute show.

(He didn't work on LaToya's show but he knows people who have who pretty much say the same thing about that show lol)

It was hard to watch for that reason.  especially with her nephew or whoever that boy was and that older guy.  I like them I wish they would just be themselves.  

Just saw the 2nd episode last night. I'm not feeling the friend/fan who came in and kinda replaced Shanice's mom ~ that was too quick and random lol! Apparently GloZell made a guest appearance! :lol: And of course the best part is Niecy in the studio ~ that's mainly what I watch the show for. Even though the show's scripted, I appreciate that she's still being herself and not unbelievably over the top. :)