Why Chris Rock Really Regrets Joking about Janet Jackson

Bailey

Wasn't it revealed last year that it wasn't her idea? :unsure:

No. It was Gil's idea and Gil works for Janet. Janet obviously agreed to this idea without contacting the director and she rehearsed it with Gil

People need to stop blaming others for Janet's downfall(s). Justin didn't make Janet release 20 YO or Discipline

No. It was Gil's idea and Gil works for Janet. Janet obviously agreed to this idea without contacting the director and she rehearsed it with Gil

People need to stop blaming others for Janet's downfall(s). Justin didn't make Janet release 20 YO or Discipline

But the lady said Janet wasn't 100% keen on it herself? Although she still want ahead with it.. We blame Gil for everything anyway...

Yeah Janet is a mess for thinking those 2 albums were worth releasing. The nerve of people trying to blame JD/La Reid for 20/Discipline when Janet made the music...

No one put a gun to Justin's head. He was excited about when it happened but only was mad when the shit hit the fan. And I don't believe for a second that it bypassed the director. Everyone involved should be held accountable, even Justin. Stop babying him.

Let's be honest. Janet gets all the blame because it is more convenient for Justin fans.

• Upvote 3

No one put a gun to Justin's head. He was excited about when it happened but only was mad when the shit hit the fan. And I don't believe for a second that it bypassed the director. Everyone involved should be held accountable, even Justin. Stop babying him.

Let's be honest. Janet gets all the blame because it is more convenient for Justin fans.

5w03zn.jpg

I'm not sure what that means... Everything is always good before shit hits the fan. That's life

Justin gets a lot of the blame because it is more convenient for Janet "fans" :umm: YA know.. Instead of blaming her and her team for thinking of the stunt

I'm not sure what that means... Everything is always good before shit hits the fan. That's life

Justin gets a lot of the blame because it is more convenient for Janet "fans" :umm: YA know.. Instead of blaming her and her team for thinking of the stunt

Julissa made decisions as well

He made the decision to do the stunt as well. There were TWO people on the stage.

He made the decision to throw Janet under the bus when shit hit the fan. 

He made the decision to play the victim. 

People that aren't Julissa stans, trying to make people conveniently forget his part in the whole thing (such as yourself), still hold him accountable for that. 

He will ALWAYS be on the shit list for many (and as you're well aware, I've never been a Justina fan..... Ever). 

• Upvote 2

But very few are blaming Justin per se but rather he was as much involved as Janet was, therefore have as much accountability.

But the lady said Janet wasn't 100% keen on it herself? Although she still want ahead with it.. We blame Gil for everything anyway...

Yeah Janet is a mess for thinking those 2 albums were worth releasing. The nerve of people trying to blame JD/La Reid for 20/Discipline when Janet made the music...

I don't know why they don't just blame Gil :asham:

Well they share the blame for both 20 and Discipline

He made the decision to do the stunt as well. There were TWO people on the stage.

People that aren't Julissa stans, trying to make people conveniently forget his part in the whole thing (such as yourself), still hold him accountable for that.

He will ALWAYS be on the shit list for many (and as you're well aware, I've never been a Justina fan..... Ever).

Yes indeed. It wasn't even about taking blame. It was about sitting on the sidelines quietly while someone you called a good friend got destroyed by the media. I have always felt that he sold himself out in some way that Janet refused to and that's why he has had so much success.

I didn't say he was forced. He made the decision but did NOT create the idea. That's the difference. If you can't get that then you just need to stop defending Janet

I don't care about the fall out. I don't deny that He left Janet out to dry.. Anyone would do the same thing in that situation. He put his career and dreams ahead of a PR disaster.

I'm sorry y'all decided not to let go. 11 years later, President Timberlake's legacy lives on

Yes indeed. It wasn't even about taking blame. It was about sitting on the sidelines quietly while someone you called a good friend got destroyed by the media. I have always felt that he sold himself out in some way that Janet refused to and that's why he has had so much success.

Yes. That's why he had success.. It wasn't bc of hit hit albums and sold out tours. No.. It's bc he signed so backstage deal to kill off Janet Jackson

Stop with the stupidity and put yourself in his shoes answer this: Would you honestly sacrifice your dreams and goals for a friend?

If you answer yes.. Then you're lying or stupid

Oh please! JT got off because he was WHITE! And had Janet been Madonna or Britney Spears she would have gotten off too! People tend to forget about the Mj thing to. Remember the media hated him at the time, so when this happened they had no troubles dragging Janet through the mud too. I remember Don Imus saying that she meaning Janet looked as ridiculous as her brother. And I was like what the fuck does how Mj looks have anything to do with what happened. So @game yeah Janet should have never invited JT to perform with her. But the way that she was treated was both racist and sexist.

• Upvote 1

Oh please! JT got off because he was WHITE! And had Janet been Madonna or Britney Spears she would have gotten off too! People tend to forget about the Mj thing to. Remember the media hated him at the time, so when this happened they had no troubles dragging Janet through the mud too. I remember Don Imus saying that she meaning Janet looked as ridiculous as her brother. And I was like what the fuck does how Mj looks have anything to do with what happened. So @game yeah Janet should have never invited JT to perform with her. But the way that she was treated was both racist and sexist.

I'm sorry.. I'm not here for speculation or "what if" scenarios.. You can leave that at the door with your quote from the 98 year old Don Imus... Like Really? Don Imus? Why are you listening to him.. or remembering what he had to say.. No one gives two shits what Don Imus has to say.. 

Well... :umm: she did invite him And she (and Gil) did come up with the idea that he should remove a part of her outfit during HER show..

Let me clear the air once again... The way the media treated Janet was sexist but this is the FIRST time in the history of man that someone showed their breast to the entire world at a major televised sporting event.. THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!!! That is historic.. She inspired Youtube.. forever changing the landscape of pop culture, internet, music and of the world

Without Janet Jackson's malfunction there would be no Netflix and Hulu.. No WWE Network.. No streaming services... Janet inspired a BILLION dollar idea.. You should be thanking her and Not denying her involvement

^ No one is denying her involvement. No one is saying she did nothing wrong. People are just saying she wasn't the only guilty one by any means. You just want to play apologist and expunge him from involvement.

That youtube stuff is something the apologists like to use to convince themselves that fans should smile at what happened.

• Upvote 1

^ No one is denying her involvement. No one is saying she did nothing wrong. People are just saying she wasn't the only guilty one by any means. You just want to play apologist and expunge him from involvement.

That youtube stuff is something the apologists like to use to convince themselves that fans should smile at what happened.

Nah.. I don't want to expunge him... I just don't think y'all should hate him SOLELY on the amazing job his public relation office did... Such a good of a job, they signed Janet Jackson :lmao: 

As far as the YouTube "stuff".. That billion dollar spin off >>>> Worrying about where to place the blame.. 

I like how y'all didn't won't answer my question: 

Would you sacrifice your dreams and goals for a friend?

Well if the bilion dollar spin was soooo great, why is no one taking credit?

Deluded apologist drivel.

Nah.. I don't want to expunge him... I just don't think y'all should hate him SOLELY on the amazing job his public relation office did... Such a good of a job, they signed Janet Jackson :lmao:

As far as the YouTube "stuff".. That billion dollar spin off >>>> Worrying about where to place the blame.. 

I like how y'all didn't won't answer my question: 

Would you sacrifice your dreams and goals for a friend?

Well if the bilion dollar spin was soooo great, why is no one taking credit?

Deluded apologist drivel.

:umm: If you look up the origin story of YouTube.. Guess whose name you see.. I've seen articles written about what created YouTube.. I will post links if need be

I'm the one NOT being negative.. shocking! Get over it.. Janet has.. President Timberlake has. 

@game She may have inspired a multi billion dollar company. But she paid a huge price for it.

Yeah.. 2 underwhelming albums but that's not Justin's fault

^ Not necessarily. She was blacklisted, therefore projects were harder to thrive. She couldn't tour after Damita Jo partially because promoters didn't want anything to do with her. Same things with the reception of some of her singles. 

Did talent blacklisted her too? And I'm Not talking sales... Talking quality ;)

Same thing with the reception of which singles? Shall we go through each single and find real reasons why they stunk?

JALW - :umm:

IWY - No one wants slow jam Janet though that song did go hard

AN(DS) - Great jam BUT shitty single.. Whisper Janet

COM - Nelly + JD = ugh

S.Ex - Khia + JD + oversexed lyrics about JD at 40 years old = Ew

Feedback - Top 20 hit

RWU - worst single she could have released since JALW 

To The Point: Janet chose horrible singles post-Superbowl.. 

Yes. That's why he had success.. It wasn't bc of hit hit albums and sold out tours. No.. It's bc he signed so backstage deal to kill off Janet Jackson

Stop with the stupidity and put yourself in his shoes answer this: Would you honestly sacrifice your dreams and goals for a friend?

If you answer yes.. Then you're lying or stupid

If you don't believe he door some back door dealing as do all these people than you are the stupid one.   His ass clearly sold out when he got on that grammy stage and apologized like a bitch with his mother in the front row.  Something Janet refused to do.  So they pulled her ass off radio, and TV. When you disobey in this industry you pay the price.  He tapped dance and shuffled to the beat for corporate america and he was awarded for it.  

• Upvote 1

If you don't believe he door some back door dealing as do all these people than you are the stupid one.   His ass clearly sold out when he got on that grammy stage and apologized like a bitch with his mother in the front row.  Something Janet refused to do.  So they pulled her ass off radio, and TV. When you disobey in this industry you pay the price.  He tapped dance and shuffled to the beat for corporate america and he was awarded for it.  

So Justin had two choices: 

1. Save face - [Fake] apologized in front of everyone to save his career

2. Support Janet - Not apologize in front of everyone, standing by your friend, being blacklisted, and dismissing his career at the age of 23

So which would you choose? 

tumblr_ldj92kzJou1qzjix8_zpssyztzbhr.gif

I guess I could sit and read the responses, but Blackcat said it, the complexion for the protection for the collection -_-    THAT skin matters....and Janet being a Jackson made her the bigger perfect target.

You didn't answer my question Wise Man.

You're agreeing with the same person who quoted Don Imus.. Know what you're supporting