Adrienne Bailon Gets real about why her solo career never happened

jarrylf

For those not interested in the full story and just want the black and white points, she feels like her singing voice is way too young for a 31 yr old women (it is) and she's afraid of flopping or it being whack so she's been working on a solo album for 5 years but thinks she might not ever release it because it'd be better to just say it never came out than say it came out and failed.

My opinion, Im not a fan of her singing voice, true story, I was watching the Cheetah girls movie for the 1st time with my niece months ago, and when she would have solos I thought "that is so messed up how Disney obviously altered the voice of this obviously grown women to make her sound like a lil girl for the girls to relate to, SHAME".......then I re-listened to 3LW for the 1st time since middle school to see how those songs sound now.............it's her real voice, she sounds like a little girl when she sings, it's her tone. BUT she can sing and sounds like a little girl who can.

Anyway I really admire her for being 100% honest with that. Theres so many artist who are terrified of flopping and would never admit to it, but do all kinds of stunts and antics to desperately keep it from happening, but it's something really refreshing & rare about a artist who'll say all that she did. So I think she should take Tamar and all the girls advice and not worry about the charts, the numbers or the "whakness" and make the album she wants to make. Flop or not I admire any artist who'll just do that, and not give a fuck. It's what this industry and real music should be about, the artist not the trends. I wish her luck on whatever she does tho, I dig her, and so much more since The Real, I was never into 3LW or The Cheetah Girls, but 3LW holds a heavy piece of nostalgia for me, in my middle school days I remember when they were everywhere, and they had those hot 1st 2 singles, good memories.

• Upvote 2

Maybe CERTAIN 90s HasBeens should take note..

I couldn't agree more, 90's icon's & legends need to take note from what Tamar said and just get out there and make the music they want to make and not worry about the sales or certifications, just make the music they want and do their best at it.

I couldn't agree more, 90's icon's & legends need to take note from what Tamar said and just get out there and make the music they want to make and not worry about the sales or certifications, just make the music they want and do their best at it.

What is a Tamar?

What's a 90s icon? Is Ciara a 2000s icon?

Yes even if it means performing at county fairs.  People are ok with certain icons doing that.  So yes 

Whilst I understand what she said - girl you had a chance. You had connections and were in a much better state to release music than a lot of nobody girls. I don't think fear alone stopped you back then. She could have been a feature artist at best around the time she was dating a Kardashian. 

But I do relate - sometimes fear can stop you from reaching your goals.

Whilst I understand what she said - girl you had a chance. You had connections and were in a much better state to release music than a lot of nobody girls. I don't think fear alone stopped you back then. She could have been a feature artist at best around the time she was dating a Kardashian. 

But I do relate - sometimes fear can stop you from reaching your goals.

I AGREE, she's got a better voice than a bunch of the pop & pop/R&B girls she came on the scene with, with the 3LW group she was the standout member in their look which is in most cases more important than being the better singer (that was Natari no contest, Im glad she blew up on her own as a actress, hell funniest thing was when I saw he as Lil Kim in Notorious I was like ".......WHY is that girl so familiar" to find out it was the girl from 3LW lol) so she had her chance but I bet since she was insecure about her voice alone she was LOVING being in them groups. But yea in terms of relevance her shot at a solo career was probably 06-09, when she was FRESH off The Cheetah Girls, and 3LW and used that Kardashian promo and got some recognition, but I guess she didn't want it or wasn't ready.

It's just been brought to my attention by 1 of my friends who was a 3LW stan & Cheetah Girls stan tho that she kinda has a past of being a bitch, that she's the reason Natari left the group over a fight they had (this bitch literally threw KFC chicken at her................................LOFL) and apparently she's the reason Raven left The Cheetah Girls. So apparently....she likes to be the "bossy bitch" lol. But what's funny tho is she can't pull that off on The Real, that's Tamar. So Im hearing alot of her work on The Real is like a image damage control for the people who know about her to prove she changed. Eh maybe all her drama back in the day was apart of her insecurity too (Raven & Natari are better singers than her)