Game of Thrones, Season 5 begins tonight!!!

Bailey

Yeah it's pretty boring right now. Maybe they shouldn't have killed everybody off :sigh: I'm sure it's all building. And like where's Bran?

Bran isn't going to be on this season at ALL.  The writers are way ahead in his storyline(for the books) so he's not going to be present this season.

:lmao: Blame GMMR(the author). I don't even think the new book(s) aren't coming this year either. It's going to be interesting how they are gonna do season 6.

I read that they're not going to follow the books strictly from now on, and that they have an outline of what the author is doing that they're working off of.

I also read that the best books in the series have already been on TV in seasons 3 and 4, and that the series diverging from the books could be a good thing.

I read that they're not going to follow the books strictly from now on, and that they have an outline of what the author is doing that they're working off of.

I also read that the best books in the series have already been on TV in seasons 3 and 4, and that the series diverging from the books could be a good thing.

I trust the writers know what they are doing..but book readers FUME so hard. It could work, but it's alienating.  Certain characters aren't going to be seen because supposedly it doesn't fit into the narrative for the tv show.

It's all too much sometimes.

I trust the writers know what they are doing..but book readers FUME so hard. It could work, but it's alienating. Certain characters aren't going to be seen because supposedly it doesn't fit into the narrative for the tv show.

It's all too much sometimes.

My only worry is that it will become like other TV shows in that they are sort of making things up as they go vs planting the seed of something that will happen 3 years later. I do have faith in the writers though.

My only worry is that it will become like other TV shows in that they are sort of making things up as they go vs planting the seed of something that will happen 3 years later. I do have faith in the writers though.

I think they are smart enough not to make shit up as they go along. :lmao:  The book readers will have a conniption fit! :asham:

But like you said, they do have an outline..it's what's in that outline that has me worried a biT.

I think they are smart enough not to make shit up as they go along. :lmao: The book readers will have a conniption fit! :asham:

But like you said, they do have an outline..it's what's in that outline that has me worried a biT.

Don't spoil anything :umm:

I love GOT, I really do.  But this season is starting off so slow.  I know they are setting storylines up and such, but it is DRAGGING.  I'm ready for some battles, blood, death, gore, sex, etc.

But Queen Arya and Mother of Dragons aka The Breaker of Chains aka Mhysa can't carry a whole show. :umm:

And another problem is that the show is catching up with the books at an accelerated rate. GMMR needs to release the books THIS year. :sigh:

he might he wrote many of last season's episodes, but this season he didn't write any because he's focused on the books

I feel like I could become seriously obsessed with this show, but the problem for me is some story lines I dont really care about, and I heard the books are really long with extraneous material NOT ever making the show.

I could just watch the series over and over -_-

Sansa is just destined to be engaged to every masochistic, psychopath in Westeros at this point. 

I haven't watched episode 3 yet, still waiting on it to finish here, but I did make a DVD for a co-worker that enjoys the show now, and he said of course, nothing really happens big in the first episodes that leaked online.....so I just wait each week to at least watch them in HD otherwise Id binge the leaked episodes a be a month ahead of schedule

Still dragging..it's getting better but I can't!

Cersei one upping Margaery was the highlight of the show for me. 

They finally showed the Sand Snake sisters but it still was underwhelming..

Ugh, I'm waiting for something BIG to happen.

This is probably the slowest season outside the very first one.  And even then, I'm thinking the first season was better than this one.

Still dragging..it's getting better but I can't!

Cersei one upping Margaery was the highlight of the show for me.

They finally showed the Sand Snake sisters but it still was underwhelming..

Ugh, I'm waiting for something BIG to happen.

This is probably the slowest season outside the very first one. And even then, I'm thinking the first season was better than this one.

Agreed. I could understand the first season starting off slow as there is a lot for the viewer to absorb, understand, and there was a lot of world building so people would care about the characters and invest in the stakes.

This season is sort of dragging. Next week will mark the halfway mark and outside of Jon Snow beheading someone this season, I'm not seeing a lot of progression. I know the stakes are high, but I need them to pick it up. I'm really interested in the brewing rivalry with Cersei and Margery and how the new King will play a role.

• Upvote 1