NEW JANET TWEET!!

RedSimba

I will bet hard w/ anyone that this album will be in the vein of RN1814. Didn't Jimmy tweet something about this month regarding "casualties" and the Baltimore riots while working w/ Janet. I don't think this album will be "light" like the last three (still LOVE DJ, 2O, Disc. tho)

She knows the stakes are high, she knows people are hungry for Janet w/ a message. I believe this album has been in production since late 09 after MJ died...she took her time ala control, rn1814, janet, tvr, afy. I'm just anticipating good music while letting everything else fall in place. I don't expect radio to embrace her but the buzz will be huge no doubt.

Anytime you talk about real issues radio will not play you. That's the machine. Hopefully she can break that trend, but Kendrick Lamar's album is amazing to me and you barely hear it. Not sure about radio as a whole but the ratchet radio where you can hear "look at flick of the wrist" a thousands times a day won't be on board 

I'm just so over the moon that She's finally returning to save music! It's really happening! I feel the wait was more than worth it judging by the clip. It was a long journey but we've finally made it to the other end of the desert. B)

How old was everyone when Discipline was released? I was 19 and a freshman in college....it's been too long.

20 Y.O. (And forever 20 Y.O. lol)

I love the sunglasses and hat in the video to signify Jimmy and Terry. YAS!! The iconic trio is here to slay. If Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars can find a hit in 'Uptown Funk', I really don't see why Janet cant be just as successful with something just as funky. I mean that song screams The Time for me.

We will see.

• Upvote 2

I see what she did there.....this woman is very cleaver and sneaky indeed.....she's managed through being cryptic to add that one thing artists need in their brand, an element of mystery....

it gets the conversation going, wondering aloud to one another, what's this about? what does this mean? how will it be? Hell even I sat hearing the song over and over thinking how sonic it sounded and then I wondered what kinda vocals and lyrics would go with it? Yes.....I see you Janet, let's keep the conversations going indeed :)

• Upvote 1

The choreography will be EPIC!!!!!

well let's just say I think its time young kids today see what an actual performer looks like :)

oh speaking of brand management, Janet should book the finale episode of season 2 "Empire" gurl make that epic guest appearance aint no shame in it....you in good company and the exposure is only 10 million viewers.....gurl slay them....call Lee Daniels and have a conversation :)

Clap for this hooker!!!!!!!  Damn.....I just could not give up on the idea that Janet would go out like this and just retire cause she truly could have but Janet is too driven.  I know Janet has another incredible project in her and if this album is truly pointing to hints of "Conversations In A Cafe" and to issues that are still happening today along with Janet's enlightenment as far as her experience in the Middle East,  I will be incredibly happy to see and hear what Janet has to say.  The possibilities are endless and when she speaks "I have been listening" I think it truly resonates with everything we have been wanting from her in so many ways from image, to music, her branding and basically sharing herself with her fans again! 

Janet is a changed woman.....I don't even know where to begin but it's going to be so exciting and thrilling to see Janet in a whole new light.  I'm so glad she said no to the residency in Las Vegas and I'm so glad she had the courage to take her time.  Happy Birthday Janet and hello to everyone!  

• Upvote 2

well let's just say I think its time young kids today see what an actual performer looks like :)

oh speaking of brand management, Janet should book the finale episode of season 2 "Empire" gurl make that epic guest appearance aint no shame in it....you in good company and the exposure is only 10 million viewers.....gurl slay them....call Lee Daniels and have a conversation :)

No. No she shouldn't jump on every popular pop culture show

Ten years ago, y'all suggested she do AI.. 6 years later, The Voiceless.