NEW JANET TWEET!!

RedSimba

No. No she shouldn't jump on every popular pop culture show

Ten years ago, y'all suggested she do AI.. 6 years later, The Voiceless.

I would agree but there's more going on with "Empire" it represents a historical moment in pop culture where Black entertainers are united in solidarity in a time when Black artists struggle

FINALLY. Honestly the music industry has been going downhill quick lately... idk what these artists have been pulling but even the legacy artists are giving me close to nothing quality wise. Janet please, I know you won't disappoint!!! Can't believe it's been 7 years since Discipline omg.

• Upvote 1

I would agree but there's more going on with "Empire" it represents a historical moment in pop culture where Black entertainers are united in solidarity in a time when Black artists struggle

I haven't watched it bc it's not on Netflix.. Call me when it is

But I have t watched The Voiceless either

The grammy's tweeted a pic of Janet and Mathew M from the 2002 ceremony..... https://twitter.com/thegrammys/status/599620402462085120

And the billboard music awards tweeted about most memorable moments with a pic of Jan's big win

I feel like everything is turning in her favor....have the Grammys made mention of Janet previously in recent times?

It is her bday

well sigh.....I feel it would be remiss of me not to post this article from Forbes ....it states some current realities for veteran female artists and questions whether Janet will have success in today's music climate. To Janet's credit I believe the fact she's been absent from music over 7 years underscores the demand for Janet and the anticipation for an album post MJ's passing and the fact Janet has been carefully crafting an album now for a very long time which gives her some advantages, she probably has some of the greatest productions on board to match the wait.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/melindanewman/2015/05/16/janet-jackson-announces-her-return-but-what-can-she-expect/2/

Oh blahhhhhhhh .... Let's not start this. All the fans are worried about is a meaningful era. Janet doesnt "need" success. She already slaughtered the charts in her career. She's in a new phase of her career and life. I wish the media would juss let artists BE instead of tryna start that conversation juss because. And we shouldn't even entertain em cuz its not about that for us or Janet.

• Upvote 2

who the fuck cares if its gonna sell or outsell whoever? Im here for the quality of the work and the impact it might have on the music industry again.

This seems to be about Janet's vision and when she does have something to say we get quality work.

• Upvote 2

Yeah there's definitely no reason to really expect huge success from this, specifically singles wise, because she's past that window of time now. What I CAN expect from her is great music, hopefully critical acclaim, and sales/radio wise I can see her doing great on urban and AC stations, probably not pop (although that would be great...) and honestly she can probably get some good album sales from this. But when you look at things like iTunes and pop radio I'm not expecting much. But who cares? Ahhhhhhhhhh I just need her back RIGHT NOW.

Please do not start with the sales talk. When she hasn't come out with something, we complained. Now that she's coming out with something we start analyzing sales. I just want a great era: great album, great tour, and appearances. We aren't going to get a lot of these left so I'm all about treasuring a quality era when it comes. Janet, more than anyone, knows the industry she's in and yet she's STILL choosing to come back. That says more to me than anything.

• Upvote 5

Obviously no one is selling millions of copies anymore but she has the opportunity and lane to get some major critical acclaim, do some decent numbers for today's standards, get back in the good graces with the media/GP and re-establish herself as a major touring act.

This era s off to a great start.

Qouted just for emphasis. Janet will sell what she needs to sell. And most importantly we'll be blessed by new music and performances. Which is what it's all about for me.

All I care about is the album, great music videos, which I hope Janet brings back with this era. Music videos have been absolutely horrible,and a snoozefest lately. I want appearances, an awesome tour, and performances. I'll leave the worry of "sales" to her, and her team. I really don't give two shits how much she sells. I want a quality era.

• Upvote 1

Please do not start with the sales talk. When she hasn't come out with something, we complained. Now that she's coming out with something we start analyzing sales. I just want a great era: great album, great tour, and appearances. We aren't going to get a lot of these left so I'm all about treasuring a quality era when it comes. Janet, more than anyone, knows the industry she's in and yet she's STILL choosing to come back. That says more to me than anything.

EXACTLY!