Unbreakable Tour

J.

I was 8th row floor 3. I had an AMAZING time. I almost got there really late b/c i forgot Michigan was an hour ahead of chicago lol. Anyways, The show was fantasic. Wayyyy better than the number ones show. The area was packed aside from two sections on the side that didnt sell out.  The grand rapids crown was turnt up to the MAX! Everyone was on their feet and you could tell Janet was feeding off of our energy. Everyone, please get tickets to this show. You will want to experience it again. I know I plan on going two more times

• Upvote 2

this is the concert for music lovers and aficionados of pure entertainment, Janet hits you hard and fast....the show never loses its drive it moves effortlessly. Im definitely going again, I had a blast!, Janet's back to being the Icon the world forgot. I swear to all of you, you dont want to miss this show...no way in hell!

• Upvote 2

If he's remixing Janet especially rare stuff slide him a note and tell him to include "Empty" for the U.S. leg of her tour!  If she's not going to sing it the DJ must be playing it!  :clapping:

he played buried stuff, I mean stuff most of us haven't listened to in forever....remember "Put Your Hands On Me"? From Damita Jo.....chile :whistle: or remember that "Just Blaze" remix of JALW? mmmmhmmm :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Janet  Unbreakable Grand Rapids MI

Janet packed a pretty full house tonight, I'd say about 80% or more filled the arena. The DJ, is NOT to be missed folks, he spins Janet and the Jackson family songs before the start and he packs a wallet full of hard hitting rare tunes. I mean songs that only die hard fans know, and between some of those songs, we got the likes of Michael, and even "Centipede" from Rebbie, which was cute. The DJ spun out the tunes.

When Janet's opener came on and the lights went out I balled, I cried :cry: Well the show starts on time, the lights go down around 8:15PM and they dont come back up until about 10, so Janet's show is about 90 minutes long, which considering her vast catalog doesn't feel long enough, but it gives the crowd a good healthy dose of Janet. One theme that resonated tonight, was that of family, as a fan, being in the arena surrounded by other serious fans felt sooo much like home. Janet herself said later in the show "my family has been in this business for over 50 years!" gurl feel yo punani -_-  I saw several faces from Janet-Club. Also as stated before, Janet's shows truly are like going to a UN meeting, you get young, old, Black, White, gay, str8, male, female. Janet truly has a beautiful fan base :wub:

So as not to spoil some of the good songs the DJ played I wont try to list them here, it's surprising indeed to hear. The audio of Janet's show was pounding, I give props to the band, the back-up singers, and Janet herself, because they played the hell outta her catalog. THIS IS THE JANET SHOW NOT TO MISS FOLKS, DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS!!!

The energy of the show is off the Richter scale, I mean no one sat down we were all on our feet the entire time. I sweated my ass off and danced my ass off....I was burning up hot from dancing, and thank God I had an extra chair beside me because I used that room :shifty:  ....I have so much to say about the show but I don't want to ruin the experience for anyone, all I can say, is Janet aint playing, she kicking ass. -_-

IMG_0529_zpsgoxsuazt.jpg

The lighting of the stage was spectacular, lasers and spot lights that lit up the crowd!

IMG_0531_zpscvdpbrmh.jpg

IMG_0536_zps6jjw6yrn.jpg

GIVE IT UP FOR THE DJ!!!!! DO NOT SLEEP ON HIM BY GETTING THERE LATE!!!!   I want a Janet mix tape of his set for real!

IMG_0537_zps0ldsyo9t.jpg

the guy in the hat is I believe the founder and moderator of Janet-Club....cute guy

Awe you got to take a pic with Joey. Nice. I hope I don't see Mikel in person. I'd probably throw my drink on him if I could lol. Anyway i'm so ready for the show in October

• Upvote 1

Awe you got to take a pic with Joey. Nice. I hope I don't see Mikel in person. I'd probably throw my drink on him if I could lol. Anyway i'm so ready for the show in October

Oh I haven't given away a lot, that review didnt say a lot, but Joey was really kind in person and interestingly enough he was standing right in front of the doors to the arena, as we were taking the pic I asked him, "what are you doing up front? You should be back there with Janet?" he said he was just checking out the crowd coming in.

As for Mike, how do I put this, :rolleyes: gay men are fickle creatures, I dont really forget details of events, and I remember meeting Mike in Chicago on the RWY tour, he wouldnt remember me, but he was very stand offish and cold. I dont do repeats, so despite the fact he was in front row, two in front of me and seen queening out in my video, I did NOT approach him. I also saw Gil I would say 90% of the entire night because he was right there in front watching Janet on the monitors and running back and forth. I also did NOT approach Gil, the last time I met him was in Vegas, he was kinda stand offish, honey note to Janet's crew, we are all family and here to support Janet, throw on a smile okay :coffee: if you're a girl apparently gay men aren't threatened so go say hi! :) there were two young black females in front of me beautiful ladies and they were soooo friendly to me, and they got the point, they said it themselves we are all family tonight, Mike chatted them up, but he is stand offish too much bitch for me I've had my fill of men that act like women :coffee:

Edited by Bailey

How did the pic with Joey happen? He always looks unapproachable ...

.. I just saw him as I got to the venue the doors open I swear 1 minute after I walked up, because folks were lined up outside. I walk in and there's Joey! Im a very polite person, so I approached him and said hi joey, my name is Johnie and I just wanted to meet u, he was really nice, and I asked do you mind if I get a pic with u? and he said no problem and lined up and smiled....I shook his hand, he has some meaty hands. Now I can say Ive shaken Janet's hand and Joey's :)

and let's keep this real, only the die hard fans know who Joey is, so he could stand outside in front of a crowd and not be noticed because most folks dont know who he is anyway! :shifty:

Edited by Bailey
  • Upvote 1

another note, Janet seems to have gotten some of her fan base back on board, thats a polite way of saying White folks! LOL, they came and showed out, I noticed Janet has gotten that "it" factor back and the interest is there, I would say this show is one of her best for casual fans, if you want to bring em back this is the show that will do it, there's a lot of stuff that happens. The lighting rigging is way more intricate than any video does justice, when i got into the arena they had three guys strapped to a lighting rig in the back that lifted from the floor into the arena, the lighting of this show is phenomenal!

• Upvote 2

i just want to put this into context, with Mike over at the other board, so its not like im coming outta left field, this is what he posted before the show standing in front row:

"I will not be tweeting, facebooking, janet.clubbing, periscoping, instant messaging, or instagramming, .....

I will be LIVING MY LIFE IN THE FRONT ROW"

okay I get it, you're going to enjoy the show, but do you really have to broadcast that negative energy? Read between the lines here, what he's saying is IM HERE AND YOURE NOT ! ...which made me think how old is he again? :unsure: I was at the show and didnt do any of the things he mentioned either, but I didnt feel a need to broadcast it like some privilege I have and you dont either, but thats just me :coffee: so yea I didnt meet Mike a second time :lol:

I think this the only place where what I experienced on Friday night can be appreciated. Please read...

The drive from Atlanta to Charlotte is LONG...it took about 4.5 hrs, partly due to traffic. I was pretty much on an empty stomach, hoping I would be able to stop and catch something to eat. But in the two places we stopped, they were taking to damn long. So I went hungry...

Arrrived at 7:45pm. Tickets scanned, excitement building nicely. But when I got to the seats, it appeared I had dropped one of the tickets :unsure: I broke into sweat, running back to the entrance to see if I could find it. I hadn't left it with the people out front, so tried to connect to email...no signal. With the show about to start in 5 mins, I did not want to miss the opening. I speed walked back to my friend, trying to trace my steps in the dark....and then finally, I saw my ticket covered in dirt on the floor. JOY :)

My seats were MUCH better than  I expected...I was pretty much 2nd row to the very right of the stage. DJ was great...Janet arrived...I lost my mind...I believe this phenomena is known as Damita Jost.

From the moment she touched down, I screamed, hollered, jumped sung and danced my life away :dance: My clothes were DRENCHED in sweat. The show was EVERYTHING I could have wanted. She looked, sung/danced and looked great. I love how the music/choreography was changed up. Any reservations I had about all female dancers were shattered...they ROCKED out.

And then during No Sleep...Janet and I had a moment...almost feels surreal as if it didn't happen, but my friend confirmed it did. Janet saw me loosing my mind, smiled, pointed and was dancing with me...she waved to my friend too and grooved. She was with us for like 30 secs or so. The people in my section were so quiet, we were making the most noise. She was showing so much love to the other side of the stage and the middle section but rarely our side.

I really think this album is gonna be great. Shoulda Known Better is gonna be my song I can tell. The show ended and I had to deal with the traffic leaving and the journey back. Arrived back to Atlanta at 4AM. But the show was worth all my coin and the tiredness. I just want to see her again :wub:

P.S ...this was my first time seeing Janet live.

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 6

Odd, i always thought you were overseas lol

I am lol born and bred in London. I'm visiting my friend who lives in Atlanta but go back to London 4 days before Janhova gets here (he is going to that show too). So Charlotte it had to be. Driving on the other side of the road (from what im used to), whilst tired, in the dark is not nice. But it was my friends 40th birthday and Janhova gave us both our lives :cheer:

I actually think the crowd could have been more lively, but as I said, my section was very quiet in comparison to us. Everyone showed love though. As we left, I was singing Unbreakable at the top of my voice, this woman was like "sing it boy sing it" :lol:

Edited by vibeology

I am lol born and bred in London. I'm visiting my friend who lives in Atlanta but go back to London 4 days before Janhova gets here (he is going to that show too). So Charlotte it had to be. Driving on the other side of the road (from what im used to), whilst tired, in the dark is not nice. But it was my friends 40th birthday and Janhova gave us both our lives :cheer:

I actually think the crowd could have been more lively, but as I said, my section was very quiet in comparison to us. Everyone showed love though. As we left, I was singing Unbreakable at the top of my voice, this woman was like "sing it boy sing it" :lol:

i hate crowds that arent turnt up! Me, im upbeat and dancing at concerts but im always sitting in those sections that are dead..like we are not at a fucking opera,people! I juss dnt see how u can be at a janet concert, not hyped..up singing and dancing.  That laid back demeanor at concerts is so foreign me.

Edited by janetDAYZ

Janet feeds off the crowd's energy, folks need to have that!  I know I was hyped the whole show

She really does...I can tell she wasn't really feeling the crowd as much as she can do...I don't really remember hearing people sing when she asked them to. But she def zoned in on the people who were showing love around the front.

It annoys me to see people filming with their phones....I even told my friend off for doing that (though I loved watching the footage in the morning.) 

This couple walked in 3/4 into the show and started taking selfies :blink: I was like ...really?<_<

Edited by vibeology

I think thats with any artist. The public doesn't understand that. Let your hair down and have a good fuckin time. Ppl are too guarded to juss let go

I think it depends where you go to...I can imagine Atlanta and New York crowds letting their hair down

In the UK, people can be quite reserved with dancing. But we have a drinking culture and that's when everyone lets loose

Oh I haven't given away a lot, that review didnt say a lot, but Joey was really kind in person and interestingly enough he was standing right in front of the doors to the arena, as we were taking the pic I asked him, "what are you doing up front? You should be back there with Janet?" he said he was just checking out the crowd coming in.

As for Mike, how do I put this, :rolleyes: gay men are fickle creatures, I dont really forget details of events, and I remember meeting Mike in Chicago on the RWY tour, he wouldnt remember me, but he was very stand offish and cold. I dont do repeats, so despite the fact he was in front row, two in front of me and seen queening out in my video, I did NOT approach him. I also saw Gil I would say 90% of the entire night because he was right there in front watching Janet on the monitors and running back and forth. I also did NOT approach Gil, the last time I met him was in Vegas, he was kinda stand offish, honey note to Janet's crew, we are all family and here to support Janet, throw on a smile okay :coffee: if you're a girl apparently gay men aren't threatened so go say hi! :) there were two young black females in front of me beautiful ladies and they were soooo friendly to me, and they got the point, they said it themselves we are all family tonight, Mike chatted them up, but he is stand offish too much bitch for me I've had my fill of men that act like women :coffee:

That little bitch would end up getting slapped. So what? Is he a part of Janet's crew just because he runs a Janet board? Anyway if I did see him i'd talk to my friends loudly on purpose and say how much I don't like him just so he could hear it lol