Terry Lewis: Album Release in Early October

RedSimba

newsalbumdate.jpg

Terry Lewis, Janet’s longtime producer, reportedly called D.C. radio host Donnie Simpson and let it slip that Janet’s new album will be released around October 2nd.

Given a break on the tour during this first October week, fans were speculating that it could be a time reserved for Janet promoting the album following its release. However, the record was expected to drop before September 30th, which is the deadline for the Grammy Award consideration for 2016. Furthermore, the e-mail that fans received upon the pre-order said they would get the album until September 30th.

It may be the case that the digital, pre-ordered copies drop on Wednesday, the 30th, and the album goes to the stores on Friday, the 2nd, since Friday is the new Global Release date for albums.

http://janetbr.com/terry-album-release-in-early-october/

-----

I couldn't care less about the Grammies either way, I just want to have it in my hands! B) 

• Upvote 2

I think it's fine that those attending her tour before the album drops, it's almost like a gift to hear it first live on stage.....Janet's fans want to hear new material regardless if it's on the tour or when the album drops.  I think it's a way for Janet to test the waters with her new material for a month before the album drops and to create a huge buzz anticipating the release of the album. I really don't see why we have to make an issue out of this.  Janet will serve what we have been asking for and if anything we want the best for Janet and I simply want to enjoy the ride. I think it's a great testament to Janet's fans who have their tickets already that they don't mind not having listened to the album yet.  Enjoy the ride and let it be organic!  Again Janet is doing things her way without any record company politics.  It's going to pay off at least for her fans.  I know we all want Janet to be on top but she's been there and then some and she is a legend.  There's nothing to prove except that Janet can deliver an album that her fans can love and appreciate.  No need to be pressed. 

• Upvote 1

I bet she has a couple of setlists planned... One pre-album and one post. Beyonce went on tour before her album dropped, but didn't perform any songs from that album until it came out. She added XO to the setlist the day after the surprise album came out. I bet Janet adds songs from Conversations in a Cafe (I hope that's what the album is called... with a song called Unbreakable) once the whole album is released. But I bet she releases a new single (please, a dance jam!) timed to the tour debut. I could see that song and No Sleeep being in the first show... This is all just a guess!

So we'll hear album tracks on tour before hearing the actual album? Interesting...anyone done that before?

I think Britney Spears did something like that in 2001/2002. Not that it's a big thing though. 

In general for Janet, I see her having 2 set lists like kaeh said. Whatever she does we'll find out in a couple of weeks. 

Things like this are always cool to think/talk about though

• Upvote 1

Would she bother going to the Grammys after they took back their invite? She'll probably be watching like the rest of us on some dodgy stream with snacks. She hasn't sat down in the audience at an award show for years. If she does go she'll probably be receiving something which I doubt since it's the Grammys. Ehh she's full of surprises. Let's wait and see lol

Janet aint never really been pressed over the Grammys. No fuck has ever been given. One of the most awarded artists but thats just never been "her thing" ...for any award show for that matter. 

We're well aware that she only goes to award shows to get awards or perform. Everyone loves awards not to mention her break from her world tour conveniently placed the week the Grammy's air in 2016

• Upvote 1