Director Wes Craven dead at 76

Bailey

WAYYYY shocked & sad, I really hate this. Freddy Kruger is my favorite movie monster of all time. Scream is 1 of my most favorite horror franchises, I had a dream of working with him or at the very least meeting him, but alas he sits with MJ & Robin Williams now at the table of celebs I wanted to meet.

At least he doesnt have to deal with the abomination of the Scream series on MTV.....if he did it it would've been actually good

WAYYYY shocked & sad, I really hate this. Freddy Kruger is my favorite movie monster of all time. Scream is 1 of my most favorite horror franchises, I had a dream of working with him or at the very least meeting him, but alas he sits with MJ & Robin Williams now at the table of celebs I wanted to meet.

At least he doesnt have to deal with the abomination of the Scream series on MTV.....if he did it it would've been actually good

I'm pretty sure he was involved. He's an executive producer and had talked about it on twitter. I personally like the show although the acting was very bad t times

OH DEAR GOD....if I wasn't down enough..... I try to like it but it's too bland mello drama, like I just don't buy MOST of the characters or scenerios, it's....disappointing, IT COULD BE ALOT WORSE I WILL ADMIT lol, like there have been some pretty creative deaths & moments, but as a whole it feels like "Scream: The Gossip Girl Edition", it's just more focus on their stupid personal drama than on the fact that there's a serial killer offing them 1 by 1....I hate that shit, the tones too light, there's minimal (at best) suspence & surprise & horror, it seems to be JUST about the Drama. And don't even get me started on the acting, that blonde girl with the bangs, I want her dead so bad, she does most of the dragging & lagging of that show in my book, her being alive this long is just to personally piss me off I feel like

But I gotta look into Craven's involvement, like this just so very much doesn't sem like something he'd be hands on with....that would upset me. I told myself I'd finish this season to just see where it goes since I started it, but I'm rooting for cancellation big time.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

OH DEAR GOD....if I wasn't down enough..... I try to like it but it's too bland mello drama, like I just don't buy MOST of the characters or scenerios, it's....disappointing, IT COULD BE ALOT WORSE I WILL ADMIT lol, like there have been some pretty creative deaths & moments, but as a whole it feels like "Scream: The Gossip Girl Edition", it's just more focus on their stupid personal drama than on the fact that there's a serial killer offing them 1 by 1....I hate that shit, the tones too light, there's minimal (at best) suspence & surprise & horror, it seems to be JUST about the Drama. And don't even get me started on the acting, that blonde girl with the bangs, I want her dead so bad, she does most of the dragging & lagging of that show in my book, her being alive this long is just to personally piss me off I feel like

But I gotta look into Craven's involvement, like this just so very much doesn't sem like something he'd be hands on with....that would upset me. I told myself I'd finish this season to just see where it goes since I started it, but I'm rooting for cancellation big time.

I'll be honest - I only checked it out for the fact that I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Scream like the air I breathe. Nostalgia etc. I was never excited about a TV show and when I saw the trailer I was pissed. But I really liked some of it (I love the chemistry between Noah and Riley) and I loved some of the death scenes. The acting was atrocious though and I think the plot was a little eh. But I do like that they kept the comedic aspect of it and also the way it takes the piss out of itself like the original movies did. You mean Brooke? The one that's supposed to be the Tatum and is having a thing with her teacher? Yeah she's SO annoying. 

OK he was 1 of many many executive producers, Im going to just happily assume his involvement was the few parts that were scary/good. But it's a relief he's not credited with the writing or directing.

I think he might just be there for name in the way Oprah/Tyler were for Precious. But I'm sure she was promoting it on Twitter and even went to some Q&A's 

• Upvote 2

I'll be honest - I only checked it out for the fact that I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Scream like the air I breathe. Nostalgia etc. I was never excited about a TV show and when I saw the trailer I was pissed. But I really liked some of it (I love the chemistry between Noah and Riley) and I loved some of the death scenes. The acting was atrocious though and I think the plot was a little eh. But I do like that they kept the comedic aspect of it and also the way it takes the piss out of itself like the original movies did. You mean Brooke? The one that's supposed to be the Tatum and is having a thing with her teacher? Yeah she's SO annoying. 

I think he might just be there for name in the way Oprah/Tyler were for Precious. But I'm sure she was promoting it on Twitter and even went to some Q&A's 

Noah & Riley are the 2 most believable characters, best actors, and honestly they keep me interested. But yea Scream being 1 of my MOST favorite horror franchises EVER (don't even get me started on how nearly each & every scene from the 1st 2 is cinematic, horror and acting GOLD), what's funny tho, I like that preview more than the show LOL, but like I did with the Nightmare On Elm Street series, I watched and wasn't impressed (THOUGH to be fair with Elm Streets show since it was like Goosebumps & Tales From The Crypt  it legit had whole episodes that were brilliant, including the pilot which was about how Freddy became who he became, that should've been a damn movie in itself lol.) But back on point yea, there's death scenes I like alot, and I too like the comedic moments (I just wish the drama wasn't overshadowing the horror & comedy, that wasn't the case for any of the films...3 was....except dealing with Dewey & Gale, that shit would piss me off after 2) . And yes that bitch Brooke, Im SO not here for her lol.

And I think that's exactly what it was, I saw on Twitter yea he was more so promoting like trivia about the movies leading up to the premiere, so promoting the franchise, not necessarily just the show. But if I had to guess any involvement in a character I'd think/HOPE it's Noah (wouldn't be just awful if it was Brooke LOL)

• Upvote 1