WTF IS REALLY GOIN ON?? J-tribe, J-Nation,JanFam or whatever Janet stans are called .,,

janetDAYZ

I can agree with the different social media aspects. 

I do read a lot of my info now on other mediums of social media, even on places I do not have an account on (tumblr and twitter namely) and things in my life have changed.

I used to be a VERY active member and things in my life changed in terms of where I want to place my priorities.  I'm not on as many forums as I used to be.  In fact, there aren't as many fan forums as there used to be say 10 years ago.  As it is, Janet doesn't even have one on her official site, and that is really where it all started. I noticed the steady decrease when we kept moving forum to forum.  Even when this place was busy, say around the first six months of 2011, it was not getting nearly as much traffic as the official board back in 2005/2006 and that was essentially the same demographic. I think the forum has run its course.  Even with the registration issues, the registration boom on this site in particular was years ago.  A whopping total of 29 people have registered this year. When Janet announced she was coming back, I got a small uptick of about 8 registrations that month.  That's not much. 

It's why I think it's time to retire the forum.  I will give it a few months, and when it's time to say goodbye, I'll send an email and make an announcement.  The JanFam Community has been something I've been a part of since 2001, but it's time for me to recognize when something isn't working like it used to.

• Upvote 2

Im gonna miss this place if it comes to that. I hope we can stay in contact thru social media, as I am friends with most of you. Where will my stories go? :cry:

You'll find a place. I will say that in August we had a total of 974 posts.  Thus far in September, we are at almost 600 posts.  So the activity is picking up.  But 4 years ago?  We were hovering between 20,000 - 30,000 posts a month.

You'll find a place. I will say that in August we had a total of 974 posts.  Thus far in September, we are at almost 600 posts.  So the activity is picking up.  But 4 years ago?  We were hovering between 20,000 - 30,000 posts a month.

I think there are several factors at play, the fan base eroded, some left here simply because they do have other priorities, others left because they felt some kinda way about the board. Whatever the case its been an interesting journey, I just feel like nothing is going to be the same, everything changes I get that much. Here we had our own place, our spot to be us.

Just a few short words:

I've learned so much for you guys. From music, movies, to advice.. Laughs and award shows.

I want to completely and utterly thank Angie.

If you haven't, follow me on the Twits ( @KingGame )

We are Unbreakable 

Love,

The King Game 

PS. I have the best, most appropriate display name 

• Upvote 1

Just a few short words:

I've learned so much for you guys. From music, movies, to advice.. Laughs and award shows.

I want to completely and utterly thank Angie.

If you haven't, follow me on the Twits

We are Unbreakable 

Love,

The King Game 

this aint goodbye, lawd you doing too much :lol: what are twits? :lmao:

I think there are several factors at play, the fan base eroded, some left here simply because they do have other priorities, others left because they felt some kinda way about the board. Whatever the case its been an interesting journey, I just feel like nothing is going to be the same, everything changes I get that much. Here we had our own place, our spot to be us.

Yeah I definitely wasn't active from 2008 until now only because I had a lot of priorities going on with work and then moving back to Hollywood in 2010 then moving back to the South Bay in 2013 and starting up my own company that very same year.  I might be back in Hollywood come 2016.  We shall see.  I kinda like having the distance between Hollywood and my home place.  Would love to move to Hermosa Beach and change it all up.  But it would be a shame to lose contact with some of you but at the same time I don't think it's a good idea to have a fan board on Janet's website because she doesn't need that negativity anywhere.  It's time to move forward in peace.  

• Upvote 1

That's pretty much always been the case with the main board though.  People that were there in 2001 left around 2004/2005.  Every era we lost people for whatever reason and this was before, during, and after I became a mod.

It's been a memorable journey.  I've been keeping this place up for yall since I haven't been as active.  There has been a small group of yall that have been coming here day in and day out, and for that I will always be grateful that you chose here to spend your time.  I've been thinking it for awhile, but I've been taking the wait and see approach.  Maybe I'll do a poll and let that decide what to do with the forum.

• Upvote 2

That's pretty much always been the case with the main board though.  People that were there in 2001 left around 2004/2005.  Every era we lost people for whatever reason and this was before, during, and after I became a mod.

It's been a memorable journey.  I've been keeping this place up for yall since I haven't been as active.  There has been a small group of yall that have been coming here day in and day out, and for that I will always be grateful that you chose here to spend your time.  I've been thinking it for awhile, but I've been taking the wait and see approach.  Maybe I'll do a poll and let that decide what to do with the forum.

well its with much respect and gratitude to you that you created this space for those of us who are here and have been here. I am confident you will make the best decision necessary

Thank you Angie for keeping this alive up until this point.  I would have never thought of myself as one to be on a fan board and when I discovered Janet's I had to join!  It's definitely been an eye opener to me and a great adventure to see everyone's different takes on Janet.  Yeah we had a few members who were on here to bash Janet or promote their game but all in all it was a lot of fun.  This board had me in stitches at times!  Let's see what happens once the tour really kicks in and Janet releases the Missy cut.  She's gotta do at least 3 to 4 videos! Thank you Angie! 

• Upvote 1

I can agree with the different social media aspects. 

I do read a lot of my info now on other mediums of social media, even on places I do not have an account on (tumblr and twitter namely) and things in my life have changed.

I used to be a VERY active member and things in my life changed in terms of where I want to place my priorities.  I'm not on as many forums as I used to be.  In fact, there aren't as many fan forums as there used to be say 10 years ago.  As it is, Janet doesn't even have one on her official site, and that is really where it all started. I noticed the steady decrease when we kept moving forum to forum.  Even when this place was busy, say around the first six months of 2011, it was not getting nearly as much traffic as the official board back in 2005/2006 and that was essentially the same demographic. I think the forum has run its course.  Even with the registration issues, the registration boom on this site in particular was years ago.  A whopping total of 29 people have registered this year. When Janet announced she was coming back, I got a small uptick of about 8 registrations that month.  That's not much. 

It's why I think it's time to retire the forum.  I will give it a few months, and when it's time to say goodbye, I'll send an email and make an announcement.  The JanFam Community has been something I've been a part of since 2001, but it's time for me to recognize when something isn't working like it used to.

This is truly the end of an era :( 

• Upvote 2

Thank you Angie for keeping this alive up until this point.  I would have never thought of myself as one to be on a fan board and when I discovered Janet's I had to join!  It's definitely been an eye opener to me and a great adventure to see everyone's different takes on Janet.  Yeah we had a few members who were on here to bash Janet or promote their game but all in all it was a lot of fun.  This board had me in stitches at times!  Let's see what happens once the tour really kicks in and Janet releases the Missy cut.  She's gotta do at least 3 to 4 videos! Thank you Angie! 

The community at this peak was HILARIOUS!  So many funny Janet fans.  This was the place for me to go to really discuss my love of Janet and it was nice that so many other people understood and had their own take on it.  A lot of my Facebook friends are people from the Family.

• Upvote 2

Maybe we should give it until Janet is actually promoting and not on tour to see how things go. Or we could all just chip in a bit to keep the board up and running. I just can not fathom having to always go to J|X for news, and I don't even bother with the FB group. I wouldn't mind throwing a few coins every so often to keep the lights on 'round hurr. Plus I worked too hard on all my Janet threads to see them go to waste.

• Upvote 4

Maybe we should give it until Janet is actually promoting and not on tour to see how things go. Or we could all just chip in a bit to keep the board up and running. I just can not fathom having to always go to J|X for news, and I don't even bother with the FB group. I wouldn't mind throwing a few coins every so often to keep the lights on 'round hurr. Plus I worked too hard on all my Janet threads to see them go to waste.

I know I haven't been here much, but I'd gladly chip in.