Who else thinks the Janet's Missy Calabo is going to be a cross format HIT!

janetfan87

I would say.. yeah moreso than No Sleeep and Unbreakable.. but then again Missy is comsidered a "hasbeen" while Janet is am "older" artist. So the odds are more against than anything... but who knows 

I agree. Do you think the Superbowl has helped Missy be able to make a small "comeback"? She got so much praise for it and it seemed people wanted her to release something new. 

Edited by Side-A Bu
  • Upvote 1

I agree to. Do you think the Superbowl has helped Missy be able to make a small "comeback"? She got so much praise for it and it seemed people wanted her to release something new. 

I think Missy is that chick...okay....golden, she's always gonna be the club banger ....cause she real....can't fuck with dat -_-

• Upvote 1

I agree. Do you think the Superbowl has helped Missy be able to make a small "comeback"? She got so much praise for it and it seemed people wanted her to release something new. 

Well ppl had been anticipating a new Missy record since her LAST album... so even prior to SB.

IMO Missy is scared now. But its her own fault for waiting soooo long, fanbases arent as patient in the 00s. They move on. 

Well ppl had been anticipating a new Missy record since her LAST album... so even prior to SB.

IMO Missy is scared now. But its her own fault for waiting soooo long, fanbases arent as patient in the 00s. They move on. 

No one is anticipating anything from Missy prior to the Super Bowl. Missy released two songs that flopped with the best producer. She's afraid of flopping which she will do in comparison to the most successful female rapper, Nicki Minaj :coffee: 

No one is anticipating anything from Missy prior to the Super Bowl. Missy released two songs that flopped with the best producer. She's afraid of flopping which she will do in comparison to the most successful female rapper, Nicki Minaj :coffee: 

Really?Cause everyone else  seemingly has said otherwise... And since when did she do a song with Jimmy&Terry? I missed that, I know she released 2 songs with Tim 2 years ago that she didn't promote or support at all. maybe she is afraid of flopping considering she's real and she'd be competing in the era of Gimmick female rappers, either way her albums anticipated because it'll actually be good. :coffee:

But to answer the question at hand, the only way it'll be a chart hit is if the release is with all the bells and whistles, Im saying either the video has to be rleased immediately, or released a week after the single, and then  she/they have to do it live (like @ iHeart) , like that kind of in your face momentum is what it'd take, but neither of them need it, it's a track with 2 of the THE best of their fields, and might potentially be their hottest collab, it'll get plenty of attention.

Edited by jarrylf

Really?Cause everyone else  seemingly has said otherwise... And since when did she do a song with Jimmy&Terry? I missed that, I know she released 2 songs with Tim 2 years ago that she didn't promote or support at all. maybe she is afraid of flopping considering she's real and she'd be competing in the era of Gimmick female rappers, either way her albums anticipated because it'll actually be good. :coffee:

But to answer the question at hand, the only way it'll be a chart hit is if the release is with all the bells and whistles, Im saying either the video has to be rleased immediately, or released a week after the single, and then  she/they have to do it live (like @ iHeart) , like that kind of in your face momentum is what it'd take, but neither of them need it, it's a track with 2 of the THE best of their fields, and might potentially be their hottest collab, it'll get plenty of attention.

Actions speak louder than tweets 

I should have said "one" of the best.. Timbo is not the best.. the word "best" is subjective 

Real? Yeah, okay. I don't recall Nicki having a gimmick with PinkPrint. 

Actions speak louder than tweets 

I should have said "one" of the best.. Timbo is not the best.. the word "best" is subjective 

Real? Yeah, okay. I don't recall Nicki having a gimmick with PinkPrint. 

I agree, actions like the money spent on her stuff, and all the press begging her to release, a bit more than tweets.

Agree, 

Oh so there was this song called Anaconda that's cover work, video, and gimmick-ness of a song pretty much is responsible for the era not being a total disaster.

Nope... a gimmick would be her Roman shit from the last era.. She was just selling sex for that sexy song. :) 

What sexy song, Im talking about Anaconda. She was getting attention for her ass on a track where the sample of a good song & rightfully overshadowed & will be all this era's known for :P

But back to the conversation about the legends, I think it could still be the 2nd single, people were pointing out on FB, that Unbreakable wasn't announced as the 2nd single, just the newest song released, and from what I recall Enjoy became available to hear before So Excited or around the same time, either way Im  way happy with these 2 as the next single, there's really no going wrong with either choice.B)

I just hope she shot a couple more videos. I really want to see an awesome dance video and now that she's on tour, she won't have time to film, right? 

Would be be awesome if she went the Beyoncé route and filmed a video for each song on Unbreakable. (Seems unlikely to me though)

• Upvote 1

Miss Jackson is fronting the costs associated with production. I would love videos too, but I dont think she's going to go "If" on us anytime soon, now will there be more videos? Im sure she will put something together. I can't help but think of her using Jackson 5 footage from when Michael was young, thats the image that comes to mind when I listen to "Unbreakable" which is on repeat btwB)

• Downvote 1

I can't help but think of her using Jackson 5 footage from when Michael was young, 

I can't help but think how dumb of an idea that is. A song dedicated to her fans... Featuring young black Michael Jackson :blink: 

And the fact that you're thinking about MJ while listening to Janet. That's sick 

Edited by The Game Forever

Game! Serously? 

For serious. MJ can stay 6 feet away from this project at all times, thanks :) 

Ever since his untimely and self-inflicted passing, the crazies has come out "oh she sounds like him.. oh she looks like him.. oh this song is for him.. Oh she's covering one of his [dated] songs"... He hasn't been apart of her legendary career before he put himself in danger, he shouldn't after. 

"He had his time to do his thing and... Let Janet do her thing" is my motto. I'm gonna get negative feedback but it had to be said