Who else thinks the Janet's Missy Calabo is going to be a cross format HIT!

janetfan87

What sexy song, Im talking about Anaconda. She was getting attention for her ass on a track where the sample of a good song & rightfully overshadowed & will be all this era's known for :P

But back to the conversation about the legends, I think it could still be the 2nd single, people were pointing out on FB, that Unbreakable wasn't announced as the 2nd single, just the newest song released, and from what I recall Enjoy became available to hear before So Excited or around the same time, either way Im  way happy with these 2 as the next single, there's really no going wrong with either choice.B)

Ass = selling sex.. 

I don't recall Enjoy being released before the album release. Janet should have released that as first single imo (and not COM & SEx). I remember COM & SEx being released then in November, the label pulled the plug and Janet wanted fans' help to promote With U (should have been 2nd single, following Enjoy)... I'm very excited for Missy but the song sounded hot live.. I cannot imagine the studio version!!! 

Ass = selling sex.. 

I don't recall Enjoy being released before the album release. Janet should have released that as first single imo (and not COM & SEx). I remember COM & SEx being released then in November, the label pulled the plug and Janet wanted fans' help to promote With U (should have been 2nd single, following Enjoy)... I'm very excited for Missy but the song sounded hot live.. I cannot imagine the studio version!!! 

Selling sex= Gimmick (regardless)

Yea I everything around SoEx is kinda a blur to me right now, I just remember hearing Enjoy online like a good while before the other tracks, AND YES, Enjoy would've made a MUCH better 1st single than COM, imo there's actually a few picks for better 1st & 2nd singles than the 2 that were. My picks would be Enjoy,  then Do it To Me, then with U/So Excited, then Take Care/This Body (This Body would've been a instant club/dance chart hit

Yea I everything around SoEx is kinda a blur to me right now, I just remember hearing Enjoy online like a good while before the other tracks, AND YES, Enjoy would've made a MUCH better 1st single than COM, imo there's actually a few picks for better 1st & 2nd singles than the 2 that were. My picks would be Enjoy,  then Do it To Me, then with U/So Excited, then Take Care/This Body (This Body would've been a instant club/dance chart hit

I was OBSESSED with Do It to Me when the album came out. My best friend (under cover Janet stan) always wanted Daybreak and This Body as singles. I really hope Burnitup gets a single release the week of the album release. I love the live version, and the studio (I would think) could do well on Hot 100, pop, R&B and Hip-Hop, and Club Dance.

• Upvote 2

selling sex isn't a gimmick unless you posses no other talent. And that's Madonna's thing. Nicki has the ass much like Janet has the abs.. If you got it, flaunt it

No offense.. This Body would flop and SeX would have too. Both are just poorly executed  SeX being overly sexual for no reason

• Upvote 1

selling sex isn't a gimmick unless you posses no other talent. And that's Madonna's thing. Nicki has the ass much like Janet has the abs.. If you got it, flaunt it

No offense.. This Body would flop and SeX would have too. Both are just poorly executed  SeX being overly sexual for no reason

If it's only a gimmick when there's no talent, considering the context, comment remains ;) lol. But no, even when actual talented people use it, it's a Gimmick. It's to get that extra attention, and in some cases like Janets in the past going back to AFY can overshadow a great albums era....I've had to answer the "ls all she sings about is sex now"? question ALOT lol. So talented or Nicki, it is a gimmick. There's flaunting and not specifically pointing out, and then there's making it THE only attraction, Janet aint done that with her abs.

I think it would entirely depend on the promo & videos. Hell maybe especially the Fab & Fatman Scoop remix of So Excited. & I think This Body would've worked great specifically for R&B/hip hop & dance charts more than the hot 100

• Upvote 1

If it's only a gimmick when there's no talent, considering the context, comment remains ;) lol. But no, even when actual talented people use it, it's a Gimmick. It's to get that extra attention, and in some cases like Janets in the past going back to AFY can overshadow a great albums era....I've had to answer the "ls all she sings about is sex now"? question ALOT lol. So talented or Nicki, it is a gimmick. There's flaunting and not specifically pointing out, and then there's making it THE only attraction, Janet aint done that with her abs.

I think it would entirely depend on the promo & videos. Hell maybe especially the Fab & Fatman Scoop remix of So Excited. & I think This Body would've worked great specifically for R&B/hip hop & dance charts more than the hot 100

Nicki is a rapper.. That is her talent. If you can't get past that then this convo was moot. Most artists between 1980-now sells sex. You can't nitpick Nicki Minaj just bc you dislike her. Nicki extra-sold sex for Anaconda, yes.. But she's still talented and the song was HOTT. The fact that topic was about Missy tho :lol: 

She should have never hired her Ex to executive produce that album

Nicki is a rapper.. That is her talent. If you can't get past that then this convo was moot. Most artists between 1980-now sells sex. You can't nitpick Nicki Minaj just bc you dislike her. Nicki extra-sold sex for Anaconda, yes.. But she's still talented and the song was HOTT. The fact that topic was about Missy tho :lol: 

She should have never hired her Ex to executive produce that album

It's no excuse tho if the work is worth it it can speak on it's own, without having to specifically draw attention. And that's the point I was making tho, the overselling of sex on the song (and everything about it) for a era where allegedly it wasn't needed, makes it a gimmick use for attention and it worked, And I expect you to change the subject to her with any female rapper lol, the sec I saw this topic I KNEW you'd bring her up and shade down Missy:lol:

Yea it's understandable tho, he was coming off of both Confessions & Emancipation....I don't know about you guys but I was expecting some real epic greatness like those eras got. 

It's no excuse tho if the work is worth it it can speak on it's own, without having to specifically draw attention. And that's the point I was making tho, the overselling of sex on the song (and everything about it) for a era where allegedly it wasn't needed, makes it a gimmick use for attention and it worked, And I expect you to change the subject to her with any female rapper lol, the sec I saw this topic I KNEW you'd bring her up and shade down Missy:lol:

Yea it's understandable tho, he was coming off of both Confessions & Emancipation....I don't know about you guys but I was expecting some real epic greatness like those eras got. 

Tell that to Beyonce, Madonna, Britney Spears, Nick Jonas, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, and every other untalented sleeze that record labels pop out monthly 

Everyone was.. I was hesitant tho. Too much pressure on JD. He couldn't do it three years in a row. Plus Janet's image wasn't fully healed (if at all) like it was for Usher. Janet should have stuck to the program.. "If it ain't broke.. Don't fix it with your boyfriend" 

Tell that to Beyonce, Madonna, Britney Spears, Nick Jonas, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, and every other untalented sleeze that record labels pop out monthly 

Everyone was.. I was hesitant tho. Too much pressure on JD. He couldn't do it three years in a row. Plus Janet's image wasn't fully healed (if at all) like it was for Usher. Janet should have stuck to the program.. "If it ain't broke.. Don't fix it with your boyfriend" 

You say that like I wouldn't & don't LOL :lol:

That's true, I ALWAYS felt like 20 came too soon....and that she might've made the wrong choice to cancel Tennessee for it, and could've waited after, after SB would've been a great time for that acting revitalization she did. BUT I know she was too done with Virgin and ready to be done with that contract. I was always OK with her working with others, like and still am, they work best with her but we know she's also very capable of coming up with great things with others, so I would've liked other sounds and themes that are way different than we're use to, but in the good way lol. But alas it's they're the best collab.

• Upvote 1