what statement, if any, do you believe Janet is making by covering her body?

janetfan87

I'm not sure she's making a statement. When I first saw the white tour outfit, I assumed it was just a stylistic nod to the fact that she is married to a man from Qatar and maybe picked up some Arab fashion influences. It's more of the fact that she's ONLY wearing that or the black outfit that has people so curious. Had she worn only an outfit similar to hers at the BET awards showing parts of her arm, neck, and top of her chest or only 1 outfit like parts of the N1:ucapt (which was very covered but fitted with cleavage), it'd be a moot issue.

Janet has done the tits and ass thing and done it to the extreme in some cases. I think she is saying Ive been there and done that...I am on to this new movement and I want the focus to be on my music and my message. I am also married to a fine ass billionaire and only he can see my goodies, I have no desire for no other man and that's why I have all female dancers. For they are my sister wives. :unsure:

• Upvote 3

All throughout the Control and Rhythm Nation eras (until Love Will Never Do), Janet's body was covered.

I just feel like this: Women's bodies are always under scrutiny. Whether they are scantily dressed or covered up, someone is always analyzing who, what, when, why, or how.

My position is that it's none of my business what Janet Jackson decides to do with her own body--unless she, herself, makes it a topic of discussion. As long as her singing, dancing, and music are on point, as long as her well-being is on point, I'm so good.

:)

tumblr_mkf3qvxohd1r0ftodo1_500.gif

• Upvote 2

Janet has done the tits and ass thing and done it to the extreme in some cases. I think she is saying Ive been there and done that...I am on to this new movement and I want the focus to be on my music and my message. I am also married to a fine ass billionaire and only he can see my goodies, I have no desire for no other man and that's why I have all female dancers. For they are my sister wives. :unsure:

She's never really showed her ass in concert.. Tits  YES.....

I was referring to some of those tragic 20 YO photo's she did with KING magazine and FHM. The KING magazine was kinda cute, I cant with that FHM spread tho.

That FHM spread would have been fine for any other person but not for Janet.  They were trying to get her to "feel her oats".  I wasn't having it and couldn't look. 

That FHM spread would have been fine for any other person but not for Janet.  They were trying to get her to "feel her oats".  I wasn't having it and couldn't look. 

She was also dating a sewer rat... she CEARLY wasnt playing with the full deck during that "era". 

• Upvote 1