Damita Jo Tour

DK94

I can't even fathom what a setlist from that era would look like. We missed out on seeing "moist" and "warmth" visualized. :ph34r: But I love that album to this day. I Stan for "just a little while" as a great post-A4U pop song. I still think "All Nite" would have been a hot 100 top 10 if not for the black list. And "slo love," "like you don't love me," "spending time with you" . . . :wub:

• Upvote 2

This is true she did promote All Nite and Just A Little While a lot. But. She only had 3 singles as compared to her other albums where there were 6/7 singles over a span of 2/3 years. Side note I'm not dissing the promotion team lets get that clear I just fell like the promotion was cut short in fact she said on Ellen that the tour was cut because she was ask to start working on the new album as well as her movie. Did not intend on upsetting you guys. 

The Super Bowl and MJ ruined this era. 

Low promotion? Janet was promoting everywhere in 2004 0_o every where. 

I wish Janet didn't feel the need to rush through all her hits and take a little time with some of the songs. It's okay to leave out a few of the hits. She'll get them next time! And also pre-film some video interludes for the screens. Damita Jo isn't my favorite album, but for this tour, it would've been cool for her to mix it up a little. Here's my dream Damita Jo setlist

All Nite (Don't Stop)
All For You
Pleasure Principle

You Want This
Strawberry Bounce
When I Think of You
Love Will Never Do 

Damita Jo interlude ("there's a side that I don't hide but may never show...")
Damita Jo
What'll I Do
R&B Junkie
Control/Nasty

"you don't have to hold onto the pain..." interlude
Got Til It's Gone
Lonely/I Get Lonely
Together Again (Deeper Remix)

I Want You
That's The Way Love Goes
Any Time, Any Place/My Baby/

RN1814 Pledge
Rhythm Nation

If
Black Cat

Doesn't Really Matter
Love Me Just A Little While
Escapade

It was such a shame that she didn't tour cause Janet was fighting back by promoting as hell for about a month after the Superbowl incident...her doing SNL was brilliant and she didn't shy away from making fun of the incident not once but twice on SNL! I'm glad for her sanity she didn't tour though because it was relentless......the right wing probably at that time would have done protests at her concerts to distract us from the war.  I mean they finally just admitted this year that they overreacted to the incident. 

This is true she did promote All Nite and Just A Little While a lot. But. She only had 3 singles as compared to her other albums where there were 6/7 singles over a span of 2/3 years. Side note I'm not dissing the promotion team lets get that clear I just fell like the promotion was cut short in fact she said on Ellen that the tour was cut because she was ask to start working on the new album as well as her movie. Did not intend on upsetting you guys. 

Damita Jo only lasted a year.. Feb. 2004 - [about] November of that year before MJ decided to nap next to children and feed them Jesus Juice

You're fine. No one is upset ^_^

You guys are aware the only reason she canceled the DJ tour ws becus she couldnt get sponsors to support the tour right? Janet had everything ready for preparation..but businesswise she didnt have the support becus of all the turmoil immediately following  the SB. 

Edited by janetDAYZ

Still, the Album was pretty good (better than what people think of it) ant the outtakes too. If all was well, it could have lasted into 2005. She did travel throughout Europe and Japan more than usual though and all the performances everywhere (including SB) were really good not even taking into account she was 38 or so.

• Upvote 2

Still, the Album was pretty good (better than what people think of it) ant the outtakes too. If all was well, it could have lasted into 2005. She did travel throughout Europe and Japan more than usual though and all the performances everywhere (including SB) were really good not even taking into account she was 38 or so.

She would have canceled for MJ's court hearings 

Yall giving DJ far too much. It was not a KNOCK OUT album. It was doable. The singles were eh... and its not too many songs from that album that would have translated well on to the stage. Well not enough for the type of high energy show she showcases.  We didnt miss much,trust me

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

Even though it would've been highly unlikely, I would've loved for her to perform Put Your Hands On. 

That's actually the first song I thought of

Id also liked to have seen in there

Damita Jo

Sexhibition

Strawberry Bounce

I Want You

Slolove

RNB Junkie

Though I love Moist, I wouldn't want it performed live...

• Upvote 1

That's actually the first song I thought of

Id also liked to have seen in there

Damita Jo

Sexhibition

Strawberry Bounce

I Want You

Slolove

RNB Junkie

Though I love Moist, I wouldn't want it performed live...

I love Moist but I'd rather leave that to my own imagination :lol:

• Upvote 1

It was a nice album for the "island". Loved JALW when it came out until I saw the video for it!  :lmao:

I instantly loved IWU, I would play that shit as soon as I would get back home from work on repeat, I so wish Janet would have gone that direction for the rest of the album....I Want You would be become the template for several albums to come out with that throwback Neo/Soul Motown sound that became popular up until Justina Timberpuss' last album for The 20/20 experience....I mean "Suit and Tie" has elements of "I Want You" all over it! I swear when I heard "Suit & Tie" I instantly thought of "I Want You"....even the vocal style was identical.  Would have loved.....oh wait I'm suppose to be talking about The Damita Jo tour. Yeah R&B Junkie, Like You Don't Love Me, My Baby, Damita Jo, All Night and I Want You.  

Like I said......it's a beautiful "island" life album. 

• Upvote 1

I hated that song as well until I saw her perform it on SNL. That performance was everything. Id imagine The Damita Jo tour would have looked something like that.

Yeah I almost liked it when I saw it performed on SNL....but the styling was all wrong on Janet.  A feather boa can do what a feather boa can't do. It wasn't enough. The pants were just wrong. They were like suit pants.  I couldn't get over it.